GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
westcott123
westcott123

Ivan filipovic . Empty Ivan filipovic .

Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:50 am
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/crocop-2.4236576/

I know it's sherdog but anyway it looks like Ivan wants to compete how far do people see him going? Me personally if he has the self belief I think he will go real far from what I read he has been doing wrestling and jiu-jitsu since he was a kid not to mention his dad is mirko so you know his striking is going to be legit good.
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Ivan filipovic . Empty Re: Ivan filipovic .

Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:07 am
I think Ivan does not want to compete(at least for now), Mirko just posted a photo of his son on facebook and wrote CroCop 2 which does not have to mean anything but being proud that son is like him.

There is local podcast which often has MMA fighters who train in CroCop gym. I did not watch that podcast but allegedly they comment how incredibly strong Ivan became in last year and half and things like that.

I do not know did things change but I remember Mirko was asked few years ago will one of his son become fighters and Mirko told he would not like his son to become MMA fighter and also told that when he was kid if he had boxing coach in his village it would mean a lot to him while his son has kickboxing champion (him) and Judo Olympian (Ishii) in his house (CC gym is in his house) and does not come to training every day.

This is 4 years old footage of Ivan (14 years) training with Mirko

RIZIN likes this post

Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:14 am
This is vlog of local fighters visiting Mirko at his gym at moments you can see Ivan and even younger son training (for example 6:41, 8:12)
westcott123
westcott123

Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:49 am
Rizin=PRIDEFC wrote:I think Ivan does not want to compete(at least for now), Mirko just posted a photo of his son on facebook and wrote CroCop 2 which does not have to mean anything but being proud that son is like him.

There is local podcast which often has MMA fighters who train in CroCop gym. I did not watch that podcast but allegedly they comment how incredibly strong Ivan became in last year and half and things like that.

I do not know did things change but I remember Mirko was asked few years ago will one of his son become fighters and Mirko told he would not like his son to become MMA fighter and also told that when he was kid if he had boxing coach in his village it would mean a lot to him while his son has kickboxing champion (him) and Judo Olympian (Ishii) in his house (CC gym is in his house) and does not come to training every day.

This is 4 years old footage of Ivan (14 years) training with Mirko

Hmminteresting I suppose it all depends on the future and what happens . If if he did compete he would be compared to his dad which in reality sucks because there would be extra pressure on a person . The YouTube video with the local fighters was very interesting I'm huge cro cop fan so i would definitely watch anything with him in it I don't know Croatian I have no idea what the hell they're saying still interesting video.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:28 am
If he decides to fight then good for him but I noticed that younger generations have a harder time of breaking out of the shadow of their relatives as we seen with Ryan Couture and Erson Yamamoto.
lamarclark09

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:23 am
I know Ivan Filipovic as a footballer. When he decided to be part of the MMA. I am still in shock. He is an amazing player in the football industry. I saw his videos doing practice in the gym and some claimed that he did not come to the gym every day for training.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum