GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick

+5
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
wekka
IQ Wrestler
parliamentfunk
9 posters
Go down
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick Empty Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick

Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm
He's not that good,i haven't seen him beat anyone that impressed me. His military record has no effect on his fighting skills. My Grandfather has a purple heart and silver star too, and died a fat old man. This push is really starting to piss me off. The media keeps their statements vague, saying things like "one of the best" and talking to him about how he fits in the title picture.
/RANT

TLDR: Brian Stann Lost to Steve Cantwell......Fuck Jay Glazer
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick Empty Re: Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick

Sat May 05, 2012 10:49 pm
sorry, i had to rant somewhere
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick Empty Re: Media needs to get off of Brian Stann's Dick

Sun May 06, 2012 3:35 am
I hate military and religious crap in sports but Stann is a very classy man. Never be #1 but he's exciting and always shows the utmost respect.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 4:44 am
MW is pretty bare outside of new fringing contenders like Munoz, Weidman, and new signee Lombard. Stann doesn't have the greatest skillset but he always comes to fight, which is what people should want to see in a fighter.

So what if he lost to Cantwell? He also beat him twice. His wins against Leben and Santiago also helped him climb the rankings because like it or not, both were top 15, arguably top 10, when the fights took place.

Of course the media is going to talk highly of him, the American media loves veterans andd anything that makes a good backstory. That's how its always been. The same media who touted Kimbo Slice as the next big thing. So are you really going to pay that much attention to it?
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 5:07 am
I wish White Wolf had the hype instead. He´s more talented and way cooler.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 5:11 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:I wish White Wolf had the hype instead. He´s more talented and way cooler.

He won't get the media's attention until he stays healthy and gets an increase in opposition.
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 5:14 am
moronoRepublic wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:I wish White Wolf had the hype instead. He´s more talented and way cooler.

He won't get the media's attention until he stays healthy and gets an increase in opposition.
It´s all about the UFC.
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 5:21 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:

It´s all about the UFC.

Well of course, its an American organization and its the American media.
KSW
KSW

Sun May 06, 2012 5:29 am
moronoRepublic wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:

It´s all about the UFC.

Well of course, its an American organization and its the American media.
Yes all the english speaking forums and news sites are american (UFC) centric. That´s why we created
G-MMA.

MMA > ZUFFA
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun May 06, 2012 8:18 am
yea I hate how everytime this guys face shows up we are forced to hear, "this guy is a american hero he was in the war".........who gives a fuck. (its a mma fight, not a elite combat mission)
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun May 06, 2012 8:59 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:yea I hate how everytime this guys face shows up we are forced to hear, "this guy is a american hero he was in the war".........who gives a fuck. (its a mma fight, not a elite combat mission)

All American sports are this way though.

Let me give some help, anytime you hear "they are fighting for our freedom", this is a very simple euphemism for "they are engaged in the United States of America's imperialistic wars as military personnel."
Dorch
Dorch

Sun May 06, 2012 1:10 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:yea I hate how everytime this guys face shows up we are forced to hear, "this guy is a american hero he was in the war".........who gives a fuck. (its a mma fight, not a elite combat mission)

This ... when was kharitonovs balls licked for being a paratrooper
wekka
wekka

Sun May 06, 2012 2:40 pm
Dorch wrote:

This ... when was kharitonovs balls licked for being a paratrooper

Probably because it was in the Russian army? America doesn't give a shit about anything other than America when it comes to sports.

Besides, Pride took full advantage of the paratrooper thing.
Misowaman
Misowaman

Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm
it's a much bigger deal than people make it out to be. The only time it bothers me at all is when his military history gets brought up during a pre-show for a card he isn't on. The focus isn't on Brian Stann.

Other than that, it really isn't a big deal.
goatfarmer
goatfarmer

Mon May 07, 2012 6:08 pm
Brian Stan is nothing but a military recruiting tool employed to pray on simple minded idiots. The UFC has always been a sponsor for the army, they had those marine commercials even back on spike and troop fight nights because they know that most of the people who watch mma are 15-30 year old testosterone red necks. Now they have Brian Stann on every show preaching how he's some Rambo bad ass, American hero and dummies eat it up thinking "I wanna be this guy". Stann is told to push the marine angle.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum