GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Pat Barry on stupid fans and Fedor Empty Pat Barry on stupid fans and Fedor

Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 am
KSW
KSW

Pat Barry on stupid fans and Fedor Empty Re: Pat Barry on stupid fans and Fedor

Mon May 07, 2012 9:50 am
I completely agree about fans being too negative. I always focus on the positive in every fighter no matter if it´s Guram who has a poor stand up game or if it´s Manhoef who has a limited ground game. All the fighters in the top promotions have good skills and deserve respect for what they´re good at. Props to Barry for speaking the truth and always putting on an exciting fight. It´s idiots like Dana who should be criticized not the fighters.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Mon May 07, 2012 9:53 am
omg Kin, you have no idea how often I flip shit on people using opposite connotation but same substance like Paddy was. This vid hit my heart.

lol and I've never said shit negative about Pat.
KSW
KSW

Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 am
I don´t understand why mma fans call most fighters "cans". M-1 sucks all their fighters are cans etc. How the f#ck is a prospect with great skills a can. I prefer to call fighters top, mid and low tier. Also styles make fights so you never know for sure who´s the best fighter unless it´s Fedor who dominated everyone for a decade.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Mon May 07, 2012 1:07 pm
I agree, in a setting where just getting into multiple orgs is an accolade there can be no "world beaters" and like you said. Bottom tier is not a can, it's under trained and under experienced or sadly sometimes old. Bottom tier fights can be the best on the card. With the perfect match maker bottom and top tier's will look the same to a casual fan.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Mon May 07, 2012 1:22 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:I don´t understand why mma fans call most fighters "cans". M-1 sucks all their fighters are cans etc. How the f#ck is a prospect with great skills a can. I prefer to call fighters top, mid and low tier. Also styles make fights so you never know for sure who´s the best fighter unless it´s Fedor who dominated everyone for a decade.

When Jon Jones entered the UFC everyone was saying he was average, and that Stephan Bonnar would kill him. Now they're all like they always been a huge fan.

It's always like that. All those people talking are casual fans. They don't care about anything, they only go with what's going on at the time. If a fighter goes there and is not very impressive at first like Jon Jones in his first fight, everyone is "lol can, he won't make it" and when he starts winning and fighting better everyone's "omg he's a god i knew it would happen". Same thing with Fedor. People completly forgot 10 years just because of 1 min of a fight.

Because of the way the sport is being seen today, they think fighters are like robots, or just "things" fighting for their pleasure. If you win you're good, if you lose, you're shit. In this era of smartasses and fast conclusions unfortunately it is like that.

Shlemenko once did a vlog on it that was really good, unfortunately i could never find it again.

BTW i'm one of those who never talked shit about Pat. Laughing
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 am
Pat Barry knows whats up and keeps it real even if it upsets the BBF
wekka
wekka

Tue May 08, 2012 4:44 am
He's better off just going to the K-1 American Qualifier later in the year.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue May 08, 2012 6:15 pm
Great interview by Pat. He is right.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum