GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card Empty 11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card

Fri May 25, 2012 1:35 am
Alexander Emelianenko and 21 more fighters from Russia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Spain and France will be participants of M-1 Challenge 33 tournament that will take place on June 6 in Ingushetia, Russia.

At this moment card includes two semifinals and one final of M-1 Selection tournament plus eight superfights.

Alexander Emelianenko 19-5 – Ibragim Magomedov 22-7-1

Erik Oganov 12-11 – Juan Manuel Suarez (Spain) 12-3

Arsen Temirkhanov 9-2 – Freddy Thole (France) 5-2

Khusein Khaliev 4-0 – Patrick Vallee (France) 8-2

Yunus Evlovev 11-5 – Olivier Pastor (France) 14-9

Sheikh-Magomed Arapkhanov 7-2 – Sunay Hamidov (Bulgaria) 5-2

Salman Dzhamaldaev 2-0 – Antun Racic (Croatia) 9-3

Said-Khamzat Avkhadov 2-1 – Ivica Dzhebic (Croatia) 5-3

M-1 Selection fights

M-1 Selection lightweight final

Alexei Nevzorov 4-1 – Shamil Abdulkerimov 9-1

M-1 Selection welterweight semifinal

Gasanali Gasanaliev 6-1-1 – Ivan Raul (Spain) 3-1

M-1 Selection middleweight semifinal

Anatoly Tokov 6-2 – Rafal Lewon (Bulgaria) 6-0

http://www.m-1global.com/2012/05/24/11-fights-added-to-m-1-challenge-33-card/
wekka
wekka

11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card Empty Re: 11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card

Fri May 25, 2012 4:28 am
Patrick Vallee is a nice signing. Lost to Acacio recently but a nice win against a good prospect in Andrew Punshon.

The Selection LW final should be a good one too.

Unfortunately, I really don't know all too much about the undercard participants outside of Racic, Oganov, Suarez, and Temirkhanov.
KSW
KSW

11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card Empty Re: 11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card

Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 am
Ibragim Magomedov is past his prime and an unexpected opponent for Aleks. Will be a fun fight and if Aleks wins he should meet the winner between Guram/Deuce. Many good prospects on this card and I´m happy they merged the selection and challenge events. M-1 will find many future stars in the selection tournaments.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri May 25, 2012 6:54 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Ibragim Magomedov is past his prime and an unexpected opponent for Aleks. Will be a fun fight and if Aleks wins he should meet the winner between Guram/Deuce. Many good prospects on this card and I´m happy they merged the selection and challenge events. M-1 will find many future stars in the selection tournaments.

So no more feeder Selection cards??? Is that official? If it its there will be more big M-1 cards per year. I wonder how many? Niiiice!
KSW
KSW

Fri May 25, 2012 7:18 am
Dagwood wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Ibragim Magomedov is past his prime and an unexpected opponent for Aleks. Will be a fun fight and if Aleks wins he should meet the winner between Guram/Deuce. Many good prospects on this card and I´m happy they merged the selection and challenge events. M-1 will find many future stars in the selection tournaments.

So no more feeder Selection cards??? Is that official? If it its there will be more big M-1 cards per year. I wonder how many? Niiiice!
It´s not official but I noticed they put the selection tourneys on the challenge cards lately. The selection events were hard to find so this is for the better. I wonder what happened to the asian selection tournament that started last year?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri May 25, 2012 7:20 am
Is it me our do all those Russian & eastern-Euro names make your eyes cross. F*** I always have a hard time deciphering and remembering them.

What I don't have a hard time with is.. Croatia, Spain, France & Bulgaria after many of the names here. Ha. Zuffa and the zuffarmy is gonna be missing out on a whole lot of new-era Crocops, Jean-Claude Killey's, Seve Ballestero's & Veselin Topalov's. Maybe even some Börje Salming's.

11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card 2750705302

You mean there's thriving & growing MMA outside of the USA & Brazil??? Sorry... You mean there's thriving & growing MMA outside of the USA & Brazil??? Rolling Eyes
KSW
KSW

Fri May 25, 2012 9:43 am
Dagwood wrote:Is it me our do all those Russian & eastern-Euro names make your eyes cross. F*** I always have a hard time deciphering and remembering them.

What I don't have a hard time with is.. Croatia, Spain, France & Bulgaria after many of the names here. Ha. Zuffa and the zuffarmy is gonna be missing out on a whole lot of new-era Crocops, Jean-Claude Killey's, Seve Ballestero's & Veselin Topalov's. Maybe even some Börje Salming's.

You mean there's thriving & growing MMA outside of the USA & Brazil??? Sorry... You mean there's thriving & growing MMA outside of the USA & Brazil??? Rolling Eyes
11 fights added to M-1 Challenge 33 card 3973136183 The eastern euro names are hard to spell and remember, luckily some have short names like Guram and Fedor.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri May 25, 2012 3:46 pm
Sweet. Looking forward to this. This card is solid but the June 21st card is awesome.
monaroCountry

Fri May 25, 2012 4:43 pm
thats a huge card and looking better after every addition. M-1 certainly arent lacking for fighters and most of the mights theyve had has been good quality fights.

Im excited.
KSW
KSW

Fri May 25, 2012 5:12 pm
CDF47 wrote:Sweet. Looking forward to this. This card is solid but the June 21st card is awesome.
The Fedor card will be great, Weichel vs Musa for the LW belt and Guram vs Deuce for the HW strap are confirmed.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri May 25, 2012 5:30 pm
Dagwood wrote:Is it me our do all those Russian & eastern-Euro names make your eyes cross. F*** I always have a hard time deciphering and remembering them.

That's one of my biggest problems with Russian MMA. I never remember what are their names, and when i do i have to check how to write it. Laughing

Come on, Dag, don't pick on Brazil now. hahaha Razz

Good luck Russia with MMA, i'll always support MMA everywhere, and Russia is just too awesome to ignore.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun May 27, 2012 4:04 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Sweet. Looking forward to this. This card is solid but the June 21st card is awesome.
The Fedor card will be great, Weichel vs Musa for the LW belt and Guram vs Deuce for the HW strap are confirmed.

Yeah, can't wait for that card.
Deadanimal
Deadanimal

Sun May 27, 2012 5:04 pm
another good prospect Arbi Agujev will fight in this card his ethnic chechen from austria vienna has a record of 11-5 and hes training whit Mairbek Taisumov
KSW
KSW

Sun May 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Deadanimal15 wrote:another good prospect Arbi Agujev will fight in this card his ethnic chechen from austria vienna has a record of 11-5 and hes training whit Mairbek Taisumov
Nice, M-1 has tons of promising prospects.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Mon May 28, 2012 7:10 am
Wolfman wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

That's one of my biggest problems with Russian MMA. I never remember what are their names, and when i do i have to check how to write it. Laughing

Come on, Dag, don't pick on Brazil now. hahaha Razz

Good luck Russia with MMA, i'll always support MMA everywhere, and Russia is just too awesome to ignore.

Lol Wolfie! I meant that there's thriving & growing MMA everywhere, including Brazil but not in the USA . Sorry, haha. Laughing

Sarcasm is my middle name. Putting the shoe on the other foot by being condescending to those I feel have wronged someone is my game.

Now I see why you thought I no like Brazeel in chat. I luv all the Chute Box guys from way back. That was my golden age of MMA. IMO - Shogun should be near-undefeated LHW GOAT & #2 GOAT under Fedor if he could've figured out how to come into fight with good-cardio. I feel he REALLY only lost 2 fights. One to Hendo, the other to Babalu. His cardio lost to Forrest and was a deciding factor in the Jones fight (even before the knee) where he was virtually helpless for the whole fight. He lost to terrible judging against Machida and by an accident to Coleman.

By my estimation, Shogun should've been 24-2 with an 18 fight undefeated streak for 8 straight years from 2003-2011. When it comes to pure natural fighting talent, I think think the only one in the history of MMA with more is Fedor.

War Shogoon! War Pele! War Brazil!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum