GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
timbercutter
timbercutter

One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia Empty One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:11 pm
KSW
KSW

One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia Empty Re: One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia

Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:28 pm
I´m pretty sure Zuffa are scared of the ONE success. UFC will never make it in Asia, which is a huge market.

Victor Cui:
“You arrive, there’s a red carpet, you’ve got hundreds of paparazzi photographers that are on the red carpet, and you sort of walk it like a Grammy show. It’s really a night to come out to because it’s the biggest show in town. We’ve got a lot of fan interactive experiences with sponsors—our newest sponsor is Chevrolet,” Cui said. “Our ring girls are hugely popular; they’re there for pictures with fans.” And as exciting as the walk into the stadium is at a ONE FC show, Cui says it’s the experience inside the stadium that is the true pièce de résistance.

“You enter the stadium, and it’s like a rock concert atmosphere that makes the hair on your arms stand on end. It’s electrifying. The lights are going, and it’s a full on sports entertainment experience for our fans the moment they step through those doors,” he said.

“This is a world class show. It’s why we have a 10-year television deal with ESPN. It’s why broadcasters from around the world are buying our content as well. My background is in sports media and events and entertainment, so putting [on] a quality and world-class show is second nature for me and my team.”
timbercutter
timbercutter

One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia Empty Re: One Fc signs long term deal with ESPN Asia

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 pm
^^^ this is a huge kick in the nuts to Zuffa....ESPN is a much better format for mma..and the awesome prefight production that One FC puts on will really entertain..unlike that lame ass Fox/Ufc "lets go to the judges" humpfest...ESPN Asia will be a good test shot to see how it works before they come to the US and kick Dana's red ass..............
Sonatine
Sonatine

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:20 pm
I hope ONE gets a UK TV deal rather than rely on an online stream. But since the majority of the British public are only knowledgeable (and care) about UFC, my hopes will have to wait..... Neutral
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:25 pm
It would be awesome if ONE could get the money to sign the top UFC fighters. Zuffa doesn´t own the fighters, UFC is just one of many promotions. I´ve never really liked the UFC product and it´s time for a change. Soon fans from all over the world will discover and start supporting rising promotions like ONE, M-1, Bellator, KSW, DEEP and Legend.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 pm
Awesome news. ONE FC continues to grow. After only existing for less than one year they are really impressing me.

Great also to see that ONE FC may be on TV in the U.S. Hopefully they will be on HDNet here soon.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:47 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:It would be awesome if ONE could get the money to sign the top UFC fighters. Zuffa doesn´t own the fighters, UFC is just one of many promotions. I´ve never really liked the UFC product and it´s time for a change. Soon fans from all over the world will discover and start supporting rising promotions like ONE, M-1, Bellator, KSW, DEEP and Legend.

Just be patient. One FC's home market potential is off the map and the UFC has no foothold there. Soon there will be someone somewhere throwing around UFC level purses again. They will shit and the top fighters and us will prosper. Smile
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum