GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen" Empty Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen"

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:36 pm
“It’s kind of odd. Normally I would say that the onus is on the guy who won the first fight to anticipate the changes the loser is going to make and get the same outcome,” said Couture, a former Team Quest teammate of Sonnen’s, in a conversation with MMAFighting. “It’s guess-work. It’s harder for the guy who won (the first time) in the second fight.”
“If you look at Anderson and Chael, Anderson won by Triangle Choke with two minutes left. He didn’t really win the fight. He got his ass whooped – literally – for four-plus rounds,” Couture explained, elaborating on his initial statement. “But it’s almost like (Sonnen) was the guy that won, cause he wants it to go the same minus the Triangle. He wants to go out, wade through him, take him down repeatedly and beat him up.”
“What is Anderson gonna do,” Couture continued. “He doesn’t wanna get beat up for four rounds and pull it out. He wants it to be a completely different fight. So he’s gonna have to make some adjustments.”

Man , Randy just continues to make outlandish quotes. I used to respect him but now I don't know.

Seriously though , Anderson didn't really beat Chael!?

Yea , like he wouldn't have taken the mans life with that triangle if it was a life or death situation. That constitutes as how Charlie Sheen would say : "winning"!
Kinosis
Kinosis

Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen" Empty Re: Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen"

Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:48 pm
Anderson did obviously beat him but I would hate to see the reaction Fedor would have got if he got dominated for 4.5 rounds by a wrestler with no punching power in his GnP and 0 submission defense. He would have been mocked for years, but Anderson does that and it's all good.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen" Empty Re: Randy Couture : "Anderson Silva didn't really beat Chael Sonnen"

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:10 am
People sometimes overcomplicate the whole thing. Forget about sport, if this was a fight in the street and you're fighting for your life , any submission could potentially end your foe's life therefore declaring you the winner at survival. Fuck sport.

Going even further, fuck that whole agenda of trying to make Mma out to be JUST a legitimized sport , as if it were a game . I didn't get into mma to find out who wins at pointscoring . I got into mma because i wanted to know who's martial arts (or combination of ) is better in a real life situation.

In that Chael vs Anderson fight , Chael would've DIED! Let that sink in a little bit Randy.

KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 am
Longtime Fan wrote:People sometimes overcomplicate the whole thing. Forget about sport, if this was a fight in the street and you're fighting for your life , any submission could potentially end your foe's life therefore declaring you the winner at survival. Fuck sport.

Going even further, fuck that whole agenda of trying to make Mma out to be JUST a legitimized sport , as if it were a game . I didn't get into mma to find out who wins at pointscoring . I got into mma because i wanted to know who's martial arts (or combination of ) is better in a real life situation.

In that Chael vs Anderson fight , Chael would've DIED! Let that sink in a little bit Randy.

Yeah this was a weird comment by Couture. Like you said Chael would have been seriously injured or died if the ref didn´t step in. Anderson won and I hope he KOs Chael the next time.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:54 am
But is it an accurate comment? Did the interviewer ask for elaboration?
Sodak
Sodak

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 am
I think cotures just talking strategy-wise chael won, he did what he wanted to do, the only thing he could do, but even that wasn't good enough.

personally i don't think it was dominant at all, he did land a few good punches in the first or second I think and even got a knockdown, but the rest was weak ass lay n pray. takedown. top position. throwing a bunch of weak ass punches that didn't hurt anderson and did no damage at all. I see guys do it all the time, the fake strikes so they look busy and don't get stood up.

To me theres a big difference between kicking someones ass and stopping someone whos a better fighter than you from kicking yours with stalling and control tactics. Luckily it was a five rounder its hard to lay n pray for 5 rounds specially when you have shit sub defense.

I don't even like Anderson but Chaels a joke. didn't bisbing just hand him his ass? I'm not buying the ZUFFA hype. this fights a joke.

Also is Anderson so good that almost not losing to him is enough to make you some star? Gimme a break.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:27 pm
He took Anderson down, gave him a ton of punches, and still could not finish. That's not winning. Anderson finished the fight, like you guys said, he would die if it was in the streets. He won most of the battles (rounds) but at the end he lost the war. If you follow Couture's line of thought Bob Sapp won the fight against Big Nog too, which is not true.

Looks like Couture is butthurt because the wrestler lost.
StillWill
StillWill

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:37 pm
What an idiotic comment by Randy "The Natural Steroid User" Couture. I bet he doesnt think Chelsea really didnt beat Munich as well.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 pm
StillWill wrote:I bet he doesnt think Chelsea really didnt beat Munich as well.

lolol, good one.

Odd comment by Randy. I know what he means - Chael put on the better overall performance for most of the fight - but should have worded it a bit better.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:48 pm
majority of chaels strikes were fucking weak and did no damage

if silva was bothered by sonnens ground and pound he wouldnt have taken so many shots

i dont know about the rib story but one things for sure i believe silva suckered sonnen into going to the ground with him because i watch highlights and i saw silva slipping over weirdly like he wasnt bothered going to the ground.

sonnen said a lot of shit about his nogueira black belt jiu jitsu so thats why i believe silva wanted this on the floor

this time sonnen has nothing other than lay and pray
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:26 am
Couture needs to just keep quiet and sell his phony work out equipment
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum