GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

Ronda Rousey talks Fedor, Pride and her own style Empty Ronda Rousey talks Fedor, Pride and her own style

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:16 pm
The 25-year-old female fighter recently said she believes the recently retired Emelianenko was “the best ever” and explained how she admires him for his skills and fighting style.

The statement came at a Q&A with media members at the UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas when Rousey was asked about her thoughts on the Russian legend’s retirement after a 12-year, 39-fight career. Read an exact quote of what Rousey had to say below.

“I’m happy that Fedor retired. You know, a lot of the guys that were in PRIDE I think PRIDE was a lot more miles on you than the UFC. I think it was also such a different game, people don’t realize having like the ropes and having the fence, it changes everything so much, you know?”

“I think his legacy belongs in PRIDE and I think it’s really unfair (that) just because he doesn’t have like the FOX marketing mechanism behind him they’re like ‘oh, he was never really that great’. Fedor was the best ever and anyone who disagrees I just, I don’t know. You just need to watch the fights. I just love it. I mean he’s not like the most technical ever, he’s not the biggest guy ever, he’s not the most shredded ever, but his feeling and his timing and like his spirit when he goes in there he has bad intentions man when he goes in there. He doesn’t care how big the other guy is and his transitions are always so good. I try to like emulate him and the way that he fights, you know. Kay, he’s not the most technical striker ever but he’s so explosive, you know? He can make things work and even in bad situations you see him improvise where he gets suplexed and you know, dumped on the top – top of him is folded over his head and he still comes out with the armbar.”

“I mean (fighting) takes so much mental focus and like this kinsetic sense of knowing where everything is around you it relation to everything else…he’s just so gifted in that way and has so many things that you can’t teach that I can’t help but admire him.”

Although Rousey is still extremely young in her MMA career, some parallels in her skills can be draw to that of Emelianenko. Fedor finished numerous opponents submissions to the arm of his opponents, something Rousey is a master at and knows all too much about.

It’s hard to disagree with any of Rousey’s comments. Emelianenko was not the biggest or strongest fighter in the heavyweight division, but he was able to close the gap with some of the most incredible fighting instincts ever seen in a ring or cage.

The “Rowdy” one is clearly a strong supporter of the MMA legend and is evidently also quite the Fedor fangirl.

Source: http://www.fightcove.com/ronda-rousey-says-fedor-emelianenko-was-the-best-ever/

Usually we see Ronda trash talking, and that turned some fans off, but now, when asked about the past and her influences, she dropped some knowledge there and was spot on.

It is great to see one of the hardest female fighters, with a very rich background, dropping some truth bombs out there.

I cannot lie, it brought back some respect for her.

Here you can find a video of her talking about the chubby emperor at the beginning.

Kinosis
Kinosis

Ronda Rousey talks Fedor, Pride and her own style Empty Re: Ronda Rousey talks Fedor, Pride and her own style

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:20 pm
Smart girl. She is definitely my favorite female fighter, sick Judo and armbars! How cool would it be for her to join here?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum