GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar? Empty Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 am
Could be in jeporday

Before the UFC 140 post-fight press conference a rumor started to circulate among media that the UFC was about to announce that Alistair Overeem was out of his UFC 141 main event with Brock Lesnar. The popular rumor was that Frank Mir, on the strength of his arm breaking win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, would replace Overeem for a rubber match with Lesnar.

While Dana White was quick to shoot down the rumors, asking where they come from, the rumors did persist. And White denying that the fight was in jeopardy doesn't mean that there aren't issues. White wouldn't talk about this in public if things weren't clear one way or the other. Then again, it could all be a rumor and mean nothing.

As for the reasons for a possible issue, Josh Gross from ESPN tweeted a very interesting bit of information:
@JoshGrossESPN
Josh Gross White denies Overeem is off the Lesnar card. But Alistair is on Mon.'s NSAC agenda. I've heard possibly in connection w/ prefight drug test.
Dec 11 via web

Now, obviously this isn't based on anything more than hearsay and I'm certainly not saying that there was an issue with Overeem's pre-fight test. I'm just passing along information on what is being talked about by the media. He is on the NSAC agenda so that means there may be some sort of issue, but we'll have to wait until Monday to get the full story.

Until then, again, it's all just rumor.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/12/11/2627454/alistair-overeem-ufc-141-brock-lesnar-drug-test-rumor

Last edited by ZuffaKiller on Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Michał
Michał

Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar? Empty Re: Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:46 am
Overeem is a cheater, we all know this. Overeem should be banned from the sport of MMA, you can kill someone in this sport. Your not allowed to bring a weapon into the ring, nether should you able to bring in illegal drugs that make you punch harder.
monaroCountry

Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar? Empty Re: Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:59 am
id feel bad for Overeem if his career goes downwards, I guess karma is always there to bite. I wonder where he would go if he gets dumped by the UFC.
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 am
Overeem sold his soul when he signed with Fertittas, he better be successful or they will kick him to the curb.
Mo

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:22 pm
ffs..

we all know they all do it and roid.. shame when they dont do it right
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:40 pm
I have no doubt that (nearly) all fighters roids.
Michał
Michał

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:52 pm
Fedor is legit
brace
brace

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:48 pm
I hope Reem does to the UFC what Barnett did to Affliction..
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:14 pm
brace wrote:I hope Reem does to the UFC what Barnett did to Affliction..
Bloody Anus:Is Alistair Overeem on His Way Out of UFC 141 Fight With Brock Lesnar? 1353611630
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 am
Michał wrote:Overeem is a cheater, we all know this. Overeem should be banned from the sport of MMA, you can kill someone in this sport. Your not allowed to bring a weapon into the ring, nether should you able to bring in illegal drugs that make you punch harder.

You are absolutely right.

But, everyone also knows that Lesnar is a roider.

So, Lesnar and Reem should be banned for life.

I agree in principle with the above. But we all know it is not going to happen.

This fight is a roid circus, basically.

And I don't care what the end result is. If they fight, I will watch. If it gets called off, anything bad for Zuffa is good.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum