GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video

+6
KSW
nodogoshi
IQ Wrestler
RussianTopTeam
Adax
Racic
10 posters
Go down
Racic
Racic

The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video Empty The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Mark Kerr is one of my favorite fighters.  I really enjoyed watching him fight in PRIDE back in 2000.  

He seems like a really nice guy and has a lot of good things to say about the sport of MMA.

He was always very humble and very respectful towards most of his opponents.  

Probably one of the most dangerous fighters at HW if he were to fight in VALE TUDO rules.

Aoki, Sakuraba, Gracie likes this post

Adax

The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video Empty Re: The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:03 pm
great documentary. it's been a while since i've seen it so i may have to watch it again soon. i applaud Kerr for his honesty in this film, truly worth checking out.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video Empty Re: The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm
amazing documentary, I first watched this on HBO back in early 2000 and that's what introduced me to PRIDE. Thank GOD I decided to watch it
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:10 am
This is still a great doco!
Kerr was fucking incredible back in his day but man did he fall hard
Adax

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:27 am
Igor took his soul, shit happens The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video 3392635135
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 am
The most insightful thing I learned from this documentary (when I watched it a couple years ago) was how Kerr used the painkillers for his fights.

I think this sort of thing is very common, but I also hadn't previously thought of painkillers as a potential PED. Not that it helped him in the long run. Merely, this idea, which he presented, of being hopped up on pills and able to fight through any kind of pain was interesting.

And even, on my highschool wrestling team there was a guy like that. It was a very serious wrestling school, and he in fact eventually got kicked off the team, but not for the pills (which everyone including the coaches was aware about), but because in part that he sucked at wrestling, but really for his emotional outbursts. He became a liability, although it wasn't easy to get kicked off the team and he did maybe deserve it.
KSW
KSW

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:51 am
I haven´t seen this in a long time. Kerr was one of the top fighters and 12-0 when he lost to Fujita in the PRIDE GP Finals. Kinda sad how his career went downhill.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:I haven´t seen this in a long time. Kerr was one of the top fighters and 12-0 when he lost to Fujita in the PRIDE GP Finals. Kinda sad how his career went downhill.

The thing that actually stuck out to me most in that fight was the incredibly biased commentary. Basically, they underestimated Fujita, and also Kerr was shit in that fight. Of course on paper, Kerr should have had it, but also Fujita proved to be a very game fighter, as well.

BTW, what happened to Fujita? Last anyone saw of him is when Overeem pretty much put him into a coma. Has he done any pro wrestling, or anything since?
Racic
Racic

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:00 am
Man Fujita was and still is one of my favorite fighters!

He was tough as nails!  

He had the biggest fucking head out of EVERYONE during PRIDE.  

That dude could take punishment and dish it out.

WAR FUJITA!
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:01 am
First MMA documentary i saw. Really good one too. It was one of the things that got me interested in MMA.
Racic
Racic

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 pm
Last time I checked Mark Kerr was working as a salesman at an Infiniti dealership.

I wish him the best of luck going forward and hope he and his family are doing well.

The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video C8c216c94046387201d602b3e33c4f5d
Adax

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:25 pm
Smashing Machine is also up on youtube now, great documentary.
RIZIN
RIZIN
Admin
http://www.global-mma.forumotion.com

Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:50 pm
Our legendary member Eddie Goldman, known as nhbnews on the forum is speaking in this documentary for those who didn´t know. Skip to 4:55 in the video.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:00 pm
Admin wrote:Our legendary member Eddie Goldman, known as nhbnews on the forum is speaking in this documentary for those who didn´t know. Skip to 4:55 in the video.

He sure does. Nice bit. Very good documentary.
Lurker

Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:20 am
The Smashing Machine - Mark Kerr Video 424776184
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:11 am
Man mark was definitely a what could have been . You have to ask how many other people are could have beens but for one reason or another could never make it to the top.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:38 am
westcott123 wrote:Man mark was definitely a what could have been  . You have to ask how many other people are  could have beens  but for one reason or another could never make it to the top.  

He may be up there with Paulo Filho in terms of wasted potential.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum