GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Boxers that have used illegal PEDs Empty Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:56 pm
Name boxers that have been caught using illegal PEDs.

James Toney (Boldenone & stanozolol)
Roy Jones Jr (Androstenedione)
Antonio Tarver (Drostanolone)
Sadam Ali (Cathine)
Shane Mosley (Tetrahydrogestrinone)
Vitali Klitschko (Anabolic steroids)
Julio Cesar Chavez Jr (Furosemide / Marijuana metabolites)
Fernando Vargas (Stanozolol)
Ricardo Mayorga (Furosemide)
Eloy Pérez (Cocaine)
Danny Batchelder (Stanazolol & oxandolone)
Juan Carlos Gomez (Cocaine)
Evander Holyfield (Elevated testosterone, HGH & saizen)
Mike Tyson (Marijuana metabolites)
Joan Guzmán (Furosemide)
Vitali Klitschko (Anabolic steroids)
Lamont Peterson (Synthetic Testosterone)
Orlando Salido (Nandrolone)
Francois Botha (Nandrolone)
Tommy Morrison ("steroids")
Pernell Whitaker (Cocaine)
Ali Funeka (Hydrochlorothiazide)
Larry Olubamiwo (Erythropoietin / "thirteen banned substances")
Andre Berto (Norandrosterone)
Ali Adams (Stanozolol)

Discuss.

Last edited by Sweet Pea Is My Mom on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
bolsheet

Boxers that have used illegal PEDs Empty Re: Boxers that have used illegal PEDs

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:12 pm
Where is Eloy Pérez?
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 pm
bolsheet wrote:Where is Eloy Pérez?

Added. Boxers that have used illegal PEDs 4086640091
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am
Juan Carlos Gomez tested positive for cocaine once.

Danny Batchelder tested positive for steroids, along with Toney when they fought.

bolsheet

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:16 am
B-Hop isn't willing to take the test

Last edited by bolsheet on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 am
bolsheet wrote:B-Hop isn't willing to take the test

I remember that clip. At the end, was Hopkins saying he could put a hit out on one of them with a phone call? Boxers that have used illegal PEDs 334500838

*closest thing to an executioner mask in the emoticons
bolsheet

Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 am
LONDON -- British heavyweight Ali Adams has been suspended for two years after testing positive for steroids.

UK Anti-Doping says the Iraqi-born professional tested positive for stanozolol following his four-round loss to former Olympic champion Audley Harrison on May 26.

The ban will run until June 13, 2014.

UK Anti-Doping legal director Graham Arthur says the positive finding resulted from "a targeted, intelligence-led test."

Adams (13-4-1) contended the stanozolol may have come from medication he was using for a neck injury.

But Arthur says stanozolol "is banned at all times in sport, there is no reason for it to be found in an athlete's system."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8460255/british-boxer-ali-adams-banned-2-years-steroids
KSW
KSW

Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:07 pm
Impressive list. I think athletes in all sports use illegal stuff to become better, even in my sport football (I´m not talking about handegg).

Off topic but what happened to your youtube channel sweet pea?
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:47 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Impressive list. I think athletes in all sports use illegal stuff to become better, even in my sport football (I´m not talking about handegg).

Lost it due to copyright infringement. Sad
KSW
KSW

Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:59 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:Impressive list. I think athletes in all sports use illegal stuff to become better, even in my sport football (I´m not talking about handegg).

Those mofos!

Boxers that have used illegal PEDs Ec7424d3
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:52 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Those mofos!

Boxers that have used illegal PEDs Ec7424d3

Boxers that have used illegal PEDs 3711001100
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm
I was going to mention the Erik Morales thing, but it looks like you already updated the list.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:27 am
Erik Morales says that he has been cleared by USADA. He should be off the list, unless an actual ruling comes down.

Word on the street is it was from contaminated meat. He says USADA agrees.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Erik Morales says that he has been cleared by USADA. He should be off the list, unless an actual ruling comes down.

I'm not entirely sure about this entire situation. They tested him yesterday, and they're running with that test; yet he tested positive twice about 2 weeks ago on the 7th and the 10th of October. It could be the meat, though. I'll put an asterisk until more information becomes known.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 pm
nodogoshi wrote:Erik Morales says that he has been cleared by USADA. He should be off the list, unless an actual ruling comes down.

I'm not entirely sure about this entire situation. They tested him yesterday, and they're running with that test; yet he tested positive twice about 2 weeks ago on the 7th and the 10th of October. It could be the meat, though. I'll put an asterisk until more information becomes known.

Well, he was never actually reprimanded by the commission. The news stories stemmed from comments from Garcia's dad. The weigh ins have already happened and the fight is going forward, so I think it's more or less a settled matter.

Of course it could still be cancelled at the last moment, but I kinda doubt it. But the asterisk is fine. However, if he isn't reprimanded the only proper thing to do is to remove him from the list imho.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=58378#ixzz29rBmeeon
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rene Umanzor

Former four division world champion Erik Morales expects the rematch with WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia to move forward as scheduled on Saturday night. Garcia vs. Morales is the main event of the Showtime televised quadrupleheader at the Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn.

According Danny Garcia's father and trainer, Angel Garcia, Morales was tested three times by USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency] - once at the start of the month and twice over the past two weeks. Garcia said that both the A and the B samples resulting from the October 4 drug test showed that Morales tested positive for clenbuterol.

Garcia said the fighters took another drug test on October 10 and yet another on Wednesday.

The two B samples arrived on Friday afternoon. Morales says the second test, like the first, showed a minor trace of clenbuterol. The third and final test showed no traces of the drug, according to Morales.

Morales claims that USADA backs his theory of testing positive due to contamination. When the positive result first surfaced, Morales claimed that he ate contaminated meat in Mexico. In the United States, the FDA forbids the use of clenbuteral on animals that are going to be consumed by humans. Those regulations are not in place in Mexico.

"I received calls from USADA because there was a positive [test], but it was a very small trace [of clenbuteral]. Today I am not guilty of anything, I did a second test [and it revealed [that] the levels [of clenbuteral] were minimal. And I did a third test which determined I'm clean and it was just some type of food," Morales said.

"I was very quiet on the subject and I have never been concerned [about the positive test] because I'm sure I have not used anything wrong. During all of the exams I was asked if I used something and I said no. In my entire 19-year career I have never used anything to improve my performance."

"USADA informed me that the third round of testing was clean. They believe it was an issue of [contaminated] food. Nothing is going to happen [to me] and no one is going to take legal action against me, and the fight is going ahead as planned."
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:42 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

Well, he was never actually reprimanded by the commission. The news stories stemmed from comments from Garcia's dad. The weigh ins have already happened and the fight is going forward, so I think it's more or less a settled matter.

Of course it could still be cancelled at the last moment, but I kinda doubt it. But the asterisk is fine. However, if he isn't reprimanded the only proper thing to do is to remove him from the list imho.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=58378#ixzz29rBmeeon
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

By Rene Umanzor

Former four division world champion Erik Morales expects the rematch with WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia to move forward as scheduled on Saturday night. Garcia vs. Morales is the main event of the Showtime televised quadrupleheader at the Barclays Center in downtown Brooklyn.

According Danny Garcia's father and trainer, Angel Garcia, Morales was tested three times by USADA [United States Anti-Doping Agency] - once at the start of the month and twice over the past two weeks. Garcia said that both the A and the B samples resulting from the October 4 drug test showed that Morales tested positive for clenbuterol.

Garcia said the fighters took another drug test on October 10 and yet another on Wednesday.

The two B samples arrived on Friday afternoon. Morales says the second test, like the first, showed a minor trace of clenbuterol. The third and final test showed no traces of the drug, according to Morales.

Morales claims that USADA backs his theory of testing positive due to contamination. When the positive result first surfaced, Morales claimed that he ate contaminated meat in Mexico. In the United States, the FDA forbids the use of clenbuteral on animals that are going to be consumed by humans. Those regulations are not in place in Mexico.

"I received calls from USADA because there was a positive [test], but it was a very small trace [of clenbuteral]. Today I am not guilty of anything, I did a second test [and it revealed [that] the levels [of clenbuteral] were minimal. And I did a third test which determined I'm clean and it was just some type of food," Morales said.

"I was very quiet on the subject and I have never been concerned [about the positive test] because I'm sure I have not used anything wrong. During all of the exams I was asked if I used something and I said no. In my entire 19-year career I have never used anything to improve my performance."

"USADA informed me that the third round of testing was clean. They believe it was an issue of [contaminated] food. Nothing is going to happen [to me] and no one is going to take legal action against me, and the fight is going ahead as planned."

Since he was cleared to fight, I suppose it is only right to remove him. However, I still have reservations about the whole thing: a fighter who has had trouble cutting weight testing positive twice for a drug that helps cutting weight, then testing negative on a test taken 8-9 days later. It could be the food; and then again, it might not be.

What to do about Jones Jr, though? scratch

I'm going to put up a poll in the MMA Discusson about my drugs threads and call for some discussion on a revamp. I quite like my lists but some more details/breakdown in the OP could make it a better and, more importantly, informative thread. Basketball
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:50 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

By Rene Umanzor

Since he was cleared to fight, I suppose it is only right to remove him. However, I still have reservations about the whole thing: a fighter who has had trouble cutting weight testing positive twice for a drug that helps cutting weight, then testing negative on a test taken 8-9 days later. It could be the food; and then again, it might not be.

What to do about Jones Jr, though? scratch

I'm going to put up a poll in the MMA Discusson about my drugs threads and call for some discussion on a revamp. I quite like my lists but some more details/breakdown in the OP could make it a better and, more importantly, informative thread. Basketball

I would say that it is only right to give him the benefit of the doubt, based on the ruling of the competent(?) authorities (note, I only say competent because its USADA and not a commission. If it was an athletic commission I wouldn't.)

What does the drug do? Is it used for losing weight?
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:02 pm
nodogoshi wrote: (note, I only say competent because its USADA and not a commission. If it was an athletic commission I wouldn't.)

Very true. Never thought of it like that.

nodogoshi wrote:What does the drug do? Is it used for losing weight?

via Wikipedia wrote:The drug has been publicized for its off-label use as a weight-loss drug, similar to usage of other sympathomimetic amines such as ephedrine. It is commonly used as a slimming aid despite the lack of sufficient clinical testing either supporting or negating such use.

And a few paragraphs later:

via Wikipedia wrote:In 2011, players of the Mexico national football team were found with clenbuterol in their bloodstreams, but were acquitted by WADA after they claimed the clenbuterol came from contaminated food. FIFA has also claimed 109 players from the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico tested positive for this drug, because Mexican meat is contaminated
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 am
Mariusz Wach apparently tested positive for steroids after his fight with Wladimir Klitschko. The 'B' sample hasn't been tested yet, but the 'A' sample came up positive.

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&

By Luke Furman

Polish heavyweight giant Mariusz Wach (27-1, 15KOs) says he never received any official communication that informed him that he tested positive for an anabolic steroid in connection to his November 10th fight with WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF champion Wlaidmir Klitschko. According to German paper Bild, Wach tested positive for an anabolic steroid in his “A” sample, and faces a one-year ban from Germany Boxing Federation if his "B" sample also tests positive.

Wach says the first time he was advised of the positive test was when his phone started ringing from the Polish media over the report that appeared in Bild. Wach took a severe beating in the fight and lost a twelve round unanimous decision.

"The first time that I heard about it [was when I started getting calls]. I did not take anything. This information has completely stiffened my feet. I heard about this a few hours ago. Suddenly the phone started ringing. I have not received any official communication [that I tested positive]. I'm totally shattered. I look forward to further developments in the case," Wach said.

Wach is waiting to receive official confirmation that he tested positive and then he'll determine how to proceed.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:03 pm
Bey Suspended Three Months For Elevated Testosterone

by David P. Greisman

Lightweight prospect Mickey Bey Jr. was handed a three-month suspension and fined $1,000 today by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for testing positive for a highly elevated level of testosterone, according to Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, who tweeted the news.

Bey’s testosterone to epitestosterone ratio was greater than 30:1, according to Keith Kizer of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Nevada rules allow for a maximum of 6:1.

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said the commissioners considered Bey’s story in handing down this punishment, according to Lem Satterfield of RingTV.com.

“The reason that they gave him [Bey] a break on the suspension is that he went to the doctor about a month before the fight, and he told the doctor what he did for a living. He said that he couldn't take any performance enhancing substances,” Kizer was quoted as saying in a RingTV.com article.

“The doctor actually wrote that in her notes, but then, she went ahead and gave him the stuff. So it sounds like more of an issue with the doctor than the fighter,” Kizer said. “Two of the commissioners wanted him to do many more months of a suspension. They wanted to give him a break, but not that big of a break, but they were out-voted, 3-2.”

Bey fought Feb. 2 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, scoring a third-round knockout of Robert Rodriguez. But that bout is now a no contest, according to Dan Rafael of ESPN.com. That means the boxers’ records are as they were beforehand: Bey is 18-0-1 with 9 knockouts and 1 no contest, while Rodriguez is 7-2 with 3 knockouts and 1 no contest.

Bey’s suspension will be considered as having begun the day of the fight, according to Rafael, which means it ends in early May.

David P. Greisman is a member of the Boxing Writers Association of America. Follow David on Twitter @fightingwords2 or send questions/comments via email at fightingwords1@gmail.com

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=63557#ixzz2O5nYsy2c
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum