GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1

+6
IQ Wrestler
monaroCountry
Hollywood Dang
Dagwood
KSW
ZuffaKiller
10 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1  Empty Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:45 pm
Heading into the fifth and final round of his M-1 Global welterweight title fight against Shamil Zavurov at last week’s M-1 Challenge 30, Yasubey Enomoto knew that he had to make something if he was going to have a chance to win.

“I knew that the fight could go either way because he was the champ and I was the challenger,” he said. “I wanted to finish the last round strong that it gives no questions who won the fight.”

And with just a minute left in the bout Enomoto got the finish he had been looking for.

“When Zavurov was going for the takedown and I was able to sprawl him, he was only resting in the turtle position, so I was waiting a little bit to see if he starts to grab my hands to defense against my hold,” said Enomoto. “As I felt that he didn’t do anything I knew that it’s the perfect time to go for the guillotine, so I took it to choke him out.”

Having been on the verge of winning both the Sengoku and M-1 Global welterweight titles before, Enomoto feels a sense of accomplishment tempered with the knowledge that his next challenge as being a defending champion has only just begun.

“It feels good, but on the other side I have to train even harder and harder for the upcoming opponents who want to take the belt away from me,” he said. “For me every fight is the same, (it) doesn’t matter if it’s a title fight or not, I try to train harder from fight to fight.

“I always want to improve to become better. This is what I like about martial arts, you can study it your whole life and you will always find some new things to make your game better and you never finish with studying. I want to become a complete fighter and this journey will not end until the end of my life.”

After finishing out the year on a personal high with three straight victories and a title, Enomoto told MMAWeekly.com that he’s looking to give back to his promotion in 2012.

“I want to thank my brother Felipe, Andreas Birgels, and my sponsors: Demon Fightwear, Vestax and Soulcore Fightwear,” he concluded. Big thanks also for the people who follow my career and give me feedback to all of my fights.

“2011 was a good year, and in 2012 I want to represent M-1 in other big leagues to battle their champions to shut the people’s mouth who always hate about the M-1 promotion and their fighters.”

http://mmaweekly.com/champ-yasubey-enomoto-wants-to-rep-m-1
KSW
KSW

Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1  Empty Re: Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:50 pm
in 2012 I want to represent M-1 in other big leagues to battle their champions to shut the people’s mouth who always hate about the M-1 promotion and their fighters.
Enomoto is my hero and one of the best WW fighters in the world.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1  Empty Re: Champ Yasubey Enomoto Wants to Rep M-1

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:13 pm
I really feel that Enomoto's conditioning is what won him the fight. Zavurov's lack of conditioning lost him the fight. Up until he hit the wall, Shamil was scoring a lot of TD's and controlling Enomoto on the ground quite nicely.

Enomoto's sub was world-class though. 8)

Hope they meet again soon for the rubber match.

ZuffaKiller

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 pm
Yasubey is a quality fighter m-1 global should thank bloostain for refering this fighter to them.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:18 pm
Enomoto has some tough fights coming up. First Rashid and then maybe Yakovlev or Zavurov.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:41 pm
He wants more money Very Happy

just kidding
monaroCountry

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm
“2011 was a good year, and in 2012 I want to represent M-1 in other big leagues to battle their champions to shut the people’s mouth who always hate about the M-1 promotion and their fighters.”

Simply put, he wants to head hunt other champions from other promotions. An ideal that M-1 wanted to foster with their WAMMA support.

As a fan, id love it if these sharing of top fighters. This is what Pride used to do (even Pride v K-1 champs).
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 am
Yasubey is a true gentleman and one of my favorite fighters to talk to.
Hope he's champ for a long time
Wolfman
Wolfman

Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:27 am
Great attitude by Enomoto there. The guy's legit inside and outside the ring.

Dude has big balls to defend his home while the others are usually 110% ready to sell to whoever has the biggest money. He just got another fan.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 pm
may his reign be long and prosperous!
Adax

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:51 pm
Enomoto is a great champ for M-1, an appreciative guy with honor. i can't wait to see him perform in 2012.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:56 pm
Enomoto is awesome. Enomoto vs. Askren/Lima winner is what I want to see in 2012.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum