GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JDS "Fedor is the best of all time"

+7
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Wolfman
stu3ufc
Berserker jr
Dagwood
KSW
doubledx2c
11 posters
Go down
doubledx2c

JDS "Fedor is the best of all time" Empty JDS "Fedor is the best of all time"

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:31 am
A sua categoria é a mesma de um dos melhores lutadores da história, o russo Fedor Emelianenko. Muitos fãs de MMA sonham com a contratação do lutador pelo UFC, mas agora está mais difícil já que ele se aposentou. Você concorda com uma recente pesquisa do Portal do Vale Tudo que apontou Fedor como o maior de todos os tempos?

“O Fedor é o maior, sem dúvida. Para mim, em questão de admiração, é o maior de todos os tempos. Ele é um peso-pesado que batia em todo mundo. Ele com certeza era o “The Baddest Man on the Planet”. Se ele voltasse a lutar seria incrível para o esporte. Sou um grande fã dele”.

Fedor is the greatest, no doubt about it. For me, its a question of admiration, he's the biggest of all time. He is a heavyweight who used to beat everybody. He was for sure "The Baddest Man on the Planet". If he comes back would be incredible for the sport. I am a big fan of him.
http://www.superesportes.com.br/app/1,733/2012/09/28/noticia_mma,230211/cigano-fala-de-revanche-com-velasquez-nao-teme-jon-jones-e-quer-volta-de-fedor.shtml

If JDS keeps up his current tear for at least half a decade or so more, he might one day be talked about in the same light.
KSW
KSW

JDS "Fedor is the best of all time" Empty Re: JDS "Fedor is the best of all time"

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:43 am
JDS is a good man who speaks the truth. I wonder what Dana thinks about this comment

JDS "Fedor is the best of all time" 1658131215
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

JDS "Fedor is the best of all time" Empty Re: JDS "Fedor is the best of all time"

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 am
The vast majority of fighters feel that Fedor is GOAT. And not just HW GOAT. Like in Nazi Germany, Stalin's Soviet Union, and Saddam's reign in Iraq... most were afraid to speak their real opinions for fear of reprisals. Most of them that had been giving their true opinions shut up when Dana went on his Blitzkrieg against Fedor & Vadim.

Anderson simply can't beat Fedor being undefeated for the first 10 years of his career. 32 straight wins against more 'ranked' fighters who were most all physically bigger than him.

Anderson CAN beat Fedor on the 3 'non-ranked' 'poorer-competiton' 'can-like' fighters that he lost to in the early to mid-point of his career. Ali, Joe Louis, etc... would never be mention for GOAT in boxing if they had done that. Even with their championships. Fedor lost to 3 ranked fighters one of whom is the most decorated fighter in multiple weight divisions in the sports history. Oh yeah... and one of the best wrestler & hardest hitters ever in the sport.

Berserker jr
Berserker jr

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:10 am
JDS is a intelligent man. I don't give a fuck what Dana thinks, the man has done alot for the sport but is an complete asshole. Smile
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 am
Berserker jr wrote:JDS is a intelligent man. I don't give a fuck what Dana thinks, the man has done alot for the sport but is an complete asshole. Smile
Dana has done a lot for Ultimate FC but he´s been bad for the sport.
Berserker jr
Berserker jr

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:37 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:JDS is a intelligent man. I don't give a fuck what Dana thinks, the man has done alot for the sport but is an complete asshole. Smile

It is hard to satisfy everyone when you try to run a lucrative business. Thats why I understand certain decisions made by the Fertitta brothers. One has to bare in mind that Dana has little power over economic
matters. What do you mean by bad for the sport specifically?
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:56 am
Berserker jr wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

It is hard to satisfy everyone when you try to run a lucrative business. Thats why I understand certain decisions made by the Fertitta brothers. One has to bare in mind that Dana has little power over economic
Zuffa destroys the competition, buys their biggest threats and takes the fighters. Dana talks shit about everyone whos not under Zuffa contract and the fans follow him. Dana and the Fertittas destroyed JMMA when they stole PRIDE and the fighters. They also bought and killed WEC, Strikeforce and IFL. Dana tries to force the UFC version of mma on europe and asia when there are much better promotions there already with ring and better rules. The UFC is a trashy promotion and gives people the wrong impression about mma. It´s about honour, skills and respect not TUF and silly made up beefs.

Dana and the Fertittas didn´t even start the UFC they stole it from the previous owner. Dana has done a lot of harm to eastern european mma, M-1, Fedor and all the fighters on the M-1 roster. M-1 president Vadim has done a lot more for the actual sport than Dana. Vadim is trying to make it a professional and classy global sport but most fans on english speaking forums talk shit about M-1 because of Dana.

I look at mma from a global perspective. Remember that most fans on english speaking sites/forums look at mma from a Zuffa perspective, they´re not fans of the sport, just a brand.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:12 am
Minotauro best of all time

he fought the best of the best 3 times a year in the ufc
Berserker jr
Berserker jr

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Berserker jr wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Zuffa destroys the competition, buys their biggest threats and takes the fighters. Dana talks shit about everyone whos not under Zuffa contract and the fans follow him. Dana and the Fertittas destroyed JMMA when they stole PRIDE and the fighters. They also bought and killed WEC, Strikeforce and IFL. Dana tries to force the UFC version of mma on europe and asia when there are much better promotions there already with ring and better rules. The UFC is a trashy promotion and gives people the wrong impression about mma. It´s about honour, skills and respect not TUF and silly made up beefs.

Dana and the Fertittas didn´t even start the UFC they stole it from the previous owner. Dana has done a lot of harm to eastern european mma, M-1, Fedor and all the fighters on the M-1 roster. M-1 president Vadim has done a lot more for the actual sport than Dana. Vadim is trying to make it a professional and classy global sport but most fans on english speaking forums talk shit about M-1 because of Dana.

I look at mma from a global perspective. Remember that most fans on english speaking sites/forums look at mma from a Zuffa perspective, they´re not fans of the sport, just a brand.

Sadly I think you are right for the most part of it. The only thing that I find that was not as simple as that was the Pride buy out. I would like you to watch a video about that when I can find it. But let's not get stuck on that detail for now.

My main though behind me saying he has done alot for the sport was: The sport in this modern shape is at such a young stage that any exposure for the public eye is better than non and there I feel he has managed to succeed in a somewhat matter. Given everything has bein done in a very American sort of way, wich many(myself included) does not apporove of. The sort of way I am talking about is the making it a business sort of way wich is must in the west if you want to survive.

I accept that I may be wrong. I do hope you understand I am not a zuffa lover in any specific form. Only got a realistic point of view on things.

I do agree that the way they promote the sport is bad for the sport but you hafto keep in mind they are infact selling it to the AMERICAN people and that should say enough why they are promoting it in a very
un-traditional way. Wich makes me sick aswell.

KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:19 am
Berserker jr wrote:
Sadly I think you are right for the most part of it. The only thing that I find that was not as simple as that was the Pride buy out. I would like you to watch a video about that when I can find it. But let's not get stuck on that detail for now.

My main though behind me saying he has done alot for the sport was: The sport in this modern shape is at such a young stage that any exposure for the public eye is better than non and there I feel he has managed to succeed in a somewhat matter. Given everything has bein done in a very American sort of way, wich many(myself included) does not apporove of. The sort of way I am talking about is the making it a business sort of way wich is must in the west if you want to survive.

I accept that I may be wrong. I do hope you understand I am not a zuffa lover in any specific form. Only got a realistic point of view on things.

I do agree that the way they promote the sport is bad for the sport but you hafto keep in mind they are infact selling it to the AMERICAN people and that should say enough why they are promoting it in a very
un-traditional way. Wich makes me sick aswell.

I know you´re a global mma fan like me. When it comes to PRIDE they had some huge problems no doubt but what Zuffa did was criminal imo. PRIDE had other buyers but went with Zuffa because they put the highest bid. Zuffa didn´t have the money for the purchase but this is how they got the money.. Rich Bergeron tried to expose Zuffa for this and they destroyed him.

PRIDE only wanted to sell to a company that promised to keep the organization alive in Japan. Zuffa promised this but killed the promotion asap, fired the staff and signed most of the top fighters to the UFC. Zuffa planned all along to kill PRIDE and they ruined the JMMA and asian mma scene so the fans lost interest. Asian mma is slowly coming back now but it will take a lot of time to heal the wounds.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:20 pm
JDS says that because he understands fighting and is not afraid of a bald bozo. He's my fav UFC HW along with Hunto and Nog and i believe that unless he faces Hunt, he'll dominate everything the UFC throws at him.

BTW, it is funny to see their number 1 HW and also number 1 female fighter (Ronda) saying the same thing, with even some anti promoter hype too.

Don't be scared, Dana.

One more thing. Just to let you guys know. The question was...

"Your weightclass is the same as one of the greatest fighters in history, the russian Fedor Emelianenko. A lot of MMA fans dream of him signing with the UFC, but now it's harder since he's retired. Do you agree with the recent Portal do Vale Tudo poll that says Fedor is the greatest of all time?"

The poll he mentions is the one Dag posted about Fedor and Anderson.

In the next question he mentions Fedya too.

What about Brock Lesnar. Do you think he should come back to the UFC so you can make that fight that ended up not happening?

- Brock Lesnar is a strong and heavy guy. You have to be careful to face him. It is dangerous to go in his game... But between the two, i'd love to see Fedor back.

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:26 pm
I just want to give props to dagwood and johan. The things you guys said in this thread is a thing of beauty, it makes me proud to be associated with you fellows. Bravo good sirs Bravo! :-)

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:39 pm
JDS is spot on. There is no doubt, Fedor is the GOAT.
monaroCountry

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:46 am
No doubt about that. Fedor is the GOAT of GOATS.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:59 am
JDS knows the truth. Good lad.
Glenrod
Glenrod

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:17 pm
JDS speaks the truth and is of such a good character that i wont get butthurt if he is the man who will eventually surpass the GOAT fedor
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:50 pm
Glenrod wrote:JDS speaks the truth and is of such a good character that i wont get butthurt if he is the man who will eventually surpass the GOAT fedor

Same here. JDS is awesome.
monaroCountry

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:53 am
Glenrod wrote:JDS speaks the truth and is of such a good character that i wont get butthurt if he is the man who will eventually surpass the GOAT fedor

As much as I like JDS, we all know that he will never surpass Fedor. But hopefully the one who finally does should have the same respectful qualities as Fedor.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum