GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Michał
Michał

4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time. Empty 4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:36 am
WTF? Overeem is going up against a fucking can with a record of 5 - 2, a guy who can't through a punch, nor can he take one!

Ishii who's real record should be 5 - 1 and his a can?

Ishii would throw Brock on his back and arm bar him.
Kinosis
Kinosis

4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time. Empty Re: 4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:43 am
lol yeah. I sometimes check out other MMA sites just to see what the zombies are saying. Most are bashing Ishii saying he is a can while praising Lesnar. They are saying Fedor is a can crusher for fighting a 4-1-1 guy yet they had no problem with a 2-1 Lesnar fighting for the title. It reminded me why I stopped going to those places.
KSW
KSW

4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time. Empty Re: 4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:36 am
Spot on Michal. Ishii is probably better than Brock in the ring. Seems like the zombies are getting more stupid for every day. I made a thread about M-1 having the best ringfighters at mmashare the other day. They banned me right away. I´m not even allowed to have my own opinion on other forums.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:27 am
Come on let's not act stupid, Brock did fight better opponents. No doub't that the UFC HW division is overhyped but let's not become unrealistic.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:53 am
Hollywood Dang wrote:Come on let's not act stupid, Brock did fight better opponents. No doub't that the UFC HW division is overhyped but let's not become unrealistic.
The more Zuffa and the zombies hype Ultimate Cagefighters® the more I will hype world class ringfighters.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:00 am
When the average fans call the sport mixed martial arts and not UFC or cagefighting I will slow down my counter hype.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:26 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Spot on Michal. Ishii is probably better than Brock in the ring. Seems like the zombies are getting more stupid for every day. I made a thread about M-1 having the best ringfighters at mmashare the other day. They banned me right away. I´m not even allowed to have my own opinion on other forums.

This is sad. People have been brainwashed so badly that anything you say contrary to their beliefs is trolling, is wrong and you have to be punished. 4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time. 1625187496

About the thread. Yeah Brock fought better opponents, but still were not great. The point here is that in MMA we have a double standard when it comes to fighters depending on their orgs.
Michał
Michał

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:45 am
if Minowman fought Brock, he would lose by leg lock.

Ishii fought Minowman and beat him by decision. 8)

4 - 1 -1 Ishii = Can Brock Lesnar 5 - 2 = One of the greatest hw of all time. Ikuhisa_Minowa_1001126
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:43 pm
Hollywood Dang wrote:Come on let's not act stupid, Brock did fight better opponents. No doub't that the UFC HW division is overhyped but let's not become unrealistic.

I dont even know if he actually did fight better opponent though. I mean Randy and Heath would have been good 10 years ago, Carwin would have been good if Carwin wasnt as inexperienced and gassed badly, Mir well Mir sort of crumbles and does have a 1-1 with Brock. Cain well Cain is a good fighter but he also won against Brock.
rezin
rezin

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:33 pm
Brock has done better than Ishi has, just looking at the fights and not looking at statistics.

Ishi got completely outclassed by Yoshida until he kneed him in the groin. It was bad enough that Yoshida shouldn't
have even continued after that but, I believe he was sort of talked into it by the official (sort of like Mighty Mo vs Barnett)
It was his first fight so whatever.

His fight vs Minowaman disgusted me. He decided to win vs a smaller opponent by........ positioning.
Smart not to get wild vs Minowa but this was just.......ugh.

The reason Fedor is fighting him is because there is no other "name" fighter available. Plus its a New Years show, no need to be serious.

I'm all for hyping fighters not in the UFC/Zufforce or even Bellator, but I think there are more strategic ways of going about it.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:41 pm
rezin wrote:Brock has done better than Ishi has, just looking at the fights and not looking at statistics.

Ishi got completely outclassed by Yoshida until he kneed him in the groin. It was bad enough that Yoshida shouldn't
have even continued after that but, I believe he was sort of talked into it by the official (sort of like Mighty Mo vs Barnett)

His fight vs Minowaman disgusted me. He decided to win vs a smaller opponent by........ positioning.

The reason Fedor is fighting him is because there is no other "name" fighter available. Plus its a New Years show, no need to be serious.

I'm all for hyping fighters not in the UFC/Zufforce or even Bellator, but I think there are more strategic ways of going about it.
Well, we should come up with a strategy. How can we change the way most fans think about mma? I think we should focus on hyping mma that is different than the UFC like ring, tourneys/grand prix, different rules. For example there should be different rankings for fights in the ring and fights in the cage. By making two different rankings Zuffa can´t say "we have all the top ranked fighters in the world".
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:45 pm
I counted Yoshida as a very dangerous grappler.

The Japanese actually wanted the fight, they wanted Fedor fight their Olympic hero.
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:48 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
rezin wrote:Brock has done better than Ishi has, just looking at the fights and not looking at statistics.

Well, we should come up with a strategy. How can we change the way most fans think about mma? I think we should focus on hyping mma that is different than the UFC like ring, tourneys/grand prix, different rules. For example there should be different rankings for fights in the ring and fights in the cage. By making two different rankings Zuffa can´t say "we have all the top ranked fighters in the world".

I say ring versus cage.

or

International fighters versus UFC fighters

Id never regard the UFC as having the best in the world in any wight division if their fighters wont fight other champions. The closest champ for me would be Anderson Silva since hes got great experience outside, in saying that Anderson also lost all of his fights outside the UFC.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:56 pm
monaroCountry wrote:

I say ring versus cage.

or

International fighters versus UFC fighters

Id never regard the UFC as having the best in the world in any wight division if their fighters wont fight other champions. The closest champ for me would be Anderson Silva since hes got great experience outside, in saying that Anderson also lost all of his fights outside the UFC.
I will make my ring rankings now because it´s a different sport from cagefighting. I love watching the UFC, SF and Bellator but it´s still different from fighting in a ring and that´s why many international fighters fail in the US.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:56 pm
Fedor is undefeated in the ring for example.
rezin
rezin

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:17 pm
We need something more than ring vs cage.

We need a rule set that is completely different than the American rul......oh excuse me, I mean unified (lol) rules

Stomps, soccer kicks and knees to a downed opponents head. Also elbows. No decisions. No draws.

I gotta say changing the way most "fans" think is completely futile. Fans don't matter.

If you wanna affect real change, you have to change the way fighters think. Not something we're in a position to do.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:23 pm
rezin wrote:We need something more than ring vs cage.

We need a rule set that is completely different than the American rul......oh excuse me, I mean unified (lol) rules

Stomps, soccer kicks and knees to a downed opponents head. Also elbows. No decisions. No draws.

I gotta say changing the way most "fans" think is completely futile. Fans don't matter.

If you wanna affect real change, you have to change the way fighters think. Not something we're in a position to do.
If we change the way fans think then they will become interested in other promotions and start supporting them. This is the first step in destroying the Zuffa "monopoly". I think a european promotion will become a dangerous competitor to the UFC in the future.
monaroCountry

Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:26 pm
I also liked your video idea. The more people seeing fights outside of the UFC the more they will appreciate other fighters.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:13 pm
It's a little hard for me to be hard on either one given the number of fights, and amount of actual time in the ring, but I'll say it like this. Neither man has done anything to prove themselves ATG worthy. I like Yoshida, Jerome, and Minowa, but it just isn't enough for me.....I don't have anything nice to say about Brock other than his career is no long enough to label him.
Starving Hobo
Starving Hobo

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:58 pm

Yeah... This... Ishii isn't that great to be honest, but it's a NYE fight, which means it's an ENTERTAINMENT FIGHT. Who cares if Fedor is fighting a top ten for a NYE fight which isn't meant to impact the rankings...

If Fedor just flat out skipped the Zulu and HMC fights, would that suddenly make him better? Because everyone hangs onto those can fights, so say he straight up just didn't do those events... Didn't even fight another opponent in their place, just flat out skipped it... Suddenly his record is actually BETTER because of it?

They can't exactly say Heath Herring is a can because Brock beats him years later and is applauded and hyped. People kinda gloss over Herring from Fedor's record, but IMO it's one of his most impressive victories...
monaroCountry

Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:43 pm
Starving Hobo wrote:

Yeah... This... Ishii isn't that great to be honest, but it's a NYE fight, which means it's an ENTERTAINMENT FIGHT. Who cares if Fedor is fighting a top ten for a NYE fight which isn't meant to impact the rankings...

If Fedor just flat out skipped the Zulu and HMC fights, would that suddenly make him better? Because everyone hangs onto those can fights, so say he straight up just didn't do those events... Didn't even fight another opponent in their place, just flat out skipped it... Suddenly his record is actually BETTER because of it?

They can't exactly say Heath Herring is a can because Brock beats him years later and is applauded and hyped. People kinda gloss over Herring from Fedor's record, but IMO it's one of his most impressive victories...

Ishii is as green as Brock and Carwin.

HMC was a champion kickboxer and Zulu had a long unbeated streak coming into the fight, both men were dangerous. They were certainly more skilled and more experienced than Brock Lesnar. If we put the same standards to these UFC fighters as what we do for the Old Pride fighters then 50% of UFC HW roster would be regarded as CANS.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:03 am
Starving Hobo wrote:

That Herring fight was his first fight of his I ever saw, on PPV. I was impressed, needless to say. I'd never seen anyone strike from the guard with so much power.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:48 am
Really? Heath Herring? Um....what was it GSP told Mat all those years ago?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum