GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

LiverKick Talks With Saturday's SuperKombat Headliner, Sebastian Ciobanu Empty LiverKick Talks With Saturday's SuperKombat Headliner, Sebastian Ciobanu

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm
SuperKombat's final World Grand Prix Qualification event of the year takes place on Saturday in Arad, Romania. The main event, however, isn't a tournament fight, it's a super fight and it pits Romania's Sebastian Ciobanu against Bosnia's Dzevad Poturak in a battle of two K-1 veterans. We got the chance to talk with Ciobanu about the fight, SuperKombat fighters being in K-1, and even his vampire persona.

LK: Morosanu, Adegbuyi and Catinas are all in K-1. How do you feel about not being included?

Sebastian Ciobanu: In my opinion, every fighter has his chance for glory and I’m not upset because I was not selected this year for the K-1 Final 16. I had my chance in 2009 and I’m sure I will have it again next year.

LK: You are coming off two good wins in a row. If you beat Dzevad Poturak, do you think you deserve a spot in K-1?

Sebastian Ciobanu: In this moment I'm thinking only about the fight with Dzevad Poturak, an opponent with a lot of experience, but after a big battle with him I’m sure I will win and gain a spot in K-1 tournaments.

LK: In 2008 you defeated Poturak's brother, Dzenan. Will this experience help you at all with the fight against Dzevad?

Sebastian Ciobanu: When I fought with Dzenan, I was at the start of my career in the heavyweight division, but now I'm much stronger and determined and I'm sure I can win this fight.

LK: How do you see the fight with Dzevad Poturak going?

Sebastian Ciobanu: Yes, I beat his brother and I hope in this fight Poturak will underestimate me. Also, I will fight in my country, in front of my fans, so I will kick him like a vampire so he can feel real pain.

LK: Tell us about your training for your upcoming fight with Poturak.

Sebastian Ciobanu: In this fight will be a better Sebastian Ciobanu than in the last battle. I will have some surprises for Poturak. He will see!

LK: SuperKombat fighters are very popular in Romania. Now you're in the main event, how does it feel to be the main attraction?

Sebastian Ciobanu: The SuperKombat brand is very popular in Romania, but also in Europe thanks to president Eduard Irimia who created a great product. Yes, I'm in the main-event after a lot of sacrifices. I worked many years to get here.

LK: What is it like to train with Catalin Morosanu? He has gotten a lot better recently.

Sebastian Ciobanu: I have a special merit with Mihai Constantin, our coach, who created us as fighters. We became very good friends thanks to him. We spar together at the highest level. We hope also to attract many youngsters whoo can become good fighters in the future.

LK: Where did you get the "Son of Dracula" name from? You seem to embrace the vampire character.

Sebastian Ciobanu: I got this nickname from Radu Pietreanu, a TV star in Romania. He is a friend of mine and also a big fan of SuperKombat and K-1. In all battles I fight until blood and I was like a vampire because when I see blood on my body I'm stimulated to beat my opponent. So I became Son of Dracula from Moldavia!

SuperKombat's World Grand Prix Fourth Qualification event takes place this Saturday, October 20 in Arad, Romania.

http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1956:liverkick-talks-with-saturdays-superkombat-headliner-sebastian-ciobanu&catid=43:interviews
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum