GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15 Empty Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:28 am
Source: Digital Journal

Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15 Arce_vs_donaire_large

Four-division world champion Nonito Donaire is set to face Jorge Arce in Mexico City on December 15, according to breaking news report by the Philboxing.com website.

"The highly anticipated showdown between 4-division champion Nonito Donaire Jr and Mexican star Jorge Arce is a go in Mexico City on Dec. 15, 2012. The deal will be finalized by Top Rank
President Bob Arum on Monday," Philboxing.com wrote.

Donaire will be returning to the ring for a fourth time this year since winning over Wilfredo Vasquez in February while Arce will be fighting for a third time this year after getting a no-contest decision for an accidental foul over Jesus Rojas in June.

Donaire, who knocked down Tosiaki Nishioka over a week ago at the Home Depot Center in Carson, is the reigning WBO, The Ring and WBC Super Bantamweight Champion. Arce is the reigning WBO Bantamweight Champion.

After Donaire's victory over Nishioka a few days ago, Arce said (via ABS-CBN News) he is not impressed with Donaire's credentials.

"I'm not impressed. He is not the monster they believe he is. What happens is that [the opponents] have too much respect, they pull punches, start to survive and allow him to come on," the Mexican was quoted as saying.

For his part, Donaire said, "If he tells himself that he’s not impressed, that’s big mistake. It’s always different inside the ring."

Donaire's promoter Bob Arum has yet to announce if the December 15th fight will be Donaire's pay-per-view (PPV) debut.

Donaire has what it takes to be a PPV star because of his entertaining style and his awesome displays of speed and power as he moves around the ring.

An indication Donaire is ripe to headline a PPV fight of his own is the fact that he has already attracted substantial attendance numbers in his most recent fights.

If the Donaire-Arce fight makes it onto pay-per-view, it could be the first to be covered on PPV for a bantamweight or even featherweight bout, as it has been observed that PPV fights appeal more to heavier weight classes

The 33-year-old Jorge Arce, who hails from Sinaloa, Mexico, stands 5'4" with a win-loss record of 60-6 with two draws.

The 29-year-old Donaire is a Filipino-American fighter who originally hails from General Santos City, Philippines. "The Filipino Flash" has a win-loss record of 30-1. At 5'7" with a reach of 63 inches, he stands three inches higher than Arce.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15 Empty Re: Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:29 am
Well, let's allow Arum to get rid of his sick fascination with this mismatch and move on...
MR.WILLIE

Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15 Empty Re: Donaire to Fight Arce in Mexico City on December 15

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 pm
wtf.....arce?????

nonito easy win.....
MR.WILLIE

Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Well, let's allow Arum to get rid of his sick fascination with this mismatch and move on...

im with you im getting frustrated with this arum/nonito combination....he is not facing the toughest opponents

by any means.....

put your fighter against the winner of moreno/mares if you have cojones....

but they choose arce....shit this is getting to a moronic level...
wekka
wekka

Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:02 pm
They want that Mexican money, no doubt about it.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 am
Low risk, decent reward ($$$).
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum