GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
retrocausality

Womens MMA UFC Bound Empty Womens MMA UFC Bound

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:39 pm
KSW
KSW

Womens MMA UFC Bound Empty Re: Womens MMA UFC Bound

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm
Good job Womens MMA UFC Bound 424776184
retrocausality

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 am
almost regret making this vid now. Idiot dana white said to ariel he's trying "this" thing out and rousey has a good 4-5 fights coming up. Who gives a shit about rousey. She is going to lose anyways and the ufc will kill the division. Probably wont be any female fights unless rousey is in them. Rolling LMAO or maybe the extreme undercard facebook bs.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:50 am
retrocausality wrote:almost regret making this vid now. Idiot dana white said to ariel he's trying "this" thing out and rousey has a good 4-5 fights coming up. Who gives a shit about rousey. She is going to lose anyways and the ufc will kill the division. Probably wont be any female fights unless rousey is in them. Rolling LMAO or maybe the extreme undercard facebook bs.

Good post.

I don't agree that Rousy will lose though. She is actually head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of technique. Not that she is a tactical striker, but her grappling skills are enough to do the job.

Anyone is beatable though of course. I just don't see her losing. Chris Santos has a good shot, but I pick Rousey (though that is a tough fight). After Santos, if Rousey can win that fight, nobody can really test her imo.
retrocausality

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:05 am
rousey wont even come close to taking down sara mcmann and will lose a kickboxing match to her. Rousey's technique on the ground is so so. I mean meisha took her back and miesha is only a purple belt. Rousey already gives her back with ease and has a lot of holes in her grappling game. Penny Thomas or any top 10 black belt chokes her out. Alexis Davis would probably submit her. Plenty of ways for her to lose.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 am
retrocausality wrote:rousey wont even come close to taking down sara mcmann and will lose a kickboxing match to her. Rousey's technique on the ground is so so. I mean meisha took her back and miesha is only a purple belt. Rousey already gives her back with ease and has a lot of holes in her grappling game.

I forgot about Sara McMann, who might give her a tough fight. Everything isn't about the takedown though. I think that Rousy would out grapple McMann, but who knows. By way of example, there are the fights like Frank Shamrock vs Kevin Jackson, Fedor vs Coleman, etc. I sort of see McMann going hard for the takedown, and then possibly being out grappled when it hits the ground. But who knows.

I don't agree that Rousy is not so good or is overrated on the ground. She is an elite grappler, in my opinion. I don't care much about belt colors, either. However, she is a judo stylist. In MMA, of course everything is fair game, and everyone has to adapt. However, her base is still judo.

We can debate about these matchups though all night long (and I think that's one of the things we are here for). I was giving my predictions though. However, I do agree that McMann would present an interesting challenge.
retrocausality

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:14 am
Honestly people that fought her have had the worst gameplans possible. If you aren't a olmpic level wrestler or judo player pull guard and really test rousey for 5 minutes. Hard to hit an armbar inside someones guard. Knowing rousey's background nothing she's done in mma suprised me because she is doing exactly what she did in judo against girls who never trained judo. Only thing that suprised me was the amount of mistakes rousey made against tate who's grappling is just ok. I thought she was losing the marloes fight until marloes pretty much gave away the arm triangle.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:41 am
retrocausality wrote:Honestly people that fought her have had the worst gameplans possible. If you aren't a olmpic level wrestler or judo player pull guard and really test rousey for 5 minutes. Hard to hit an armbar inside someones guard. Knowing rousey's background nothing she's done in mma suprised me because she is doing exactly what she did in judo against girls who never trained judo. Only thing that suprised me was the amount of mistakes rousey made against tate who's grappling is just ok. I thought she was losing the marloes fight until marloes pretty much gave away the arm triangle.

That is basically my point. However, that's one of the elements of judo, in that you know your strengths and you attempt to abide by them. I'm not surprised by her either, and I also won't be surprised as she keeps on winning (if she does).

I didn't have the same take away from the Tate fight as you do, but I did see some of the same things. I think that Rousey went hard for the sub initially, and was put a little bit on her heels. But I think she recovered pretty well, and got the job done. I don't think she was ever really threatened that much in the fight though.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 am
I hate Rousey only because of her loud mouth, cyborg would crush her hell carano would ktfo her. Oh but shes 135.....whatever
retrocausality

Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:55 pm
nodogoshi wrote:

I didn't have the same take away from the Tate fight as you do, but I did see some of the same things. I think that Rousey went hard for the sub initially, and was put a little bit on her heels. But I think she recovered pretty well, and got the job done. I don't think she was ever really threatened that much in the fight though.

I guess thats my point. She completely sells out for the takedown/armbar and if it doesn't hit there are a variety of holes she leaves open. Being that aggressive has it's downside. GSP is boring on the ground because he knows anything less will leave him open. Rousey is exciting but that style isn't the best why to stay on top for years. Unless they keep feeding her kickboxers and other less skilled grapplers like liz carmouche.

One thing also puzzles me is the wmma scene is almost totally baren when it comes to top level black belts. Strange indeed.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:03 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:I hate Rousey only because of her loud mouth, cyborg would crush her hell carano would ktfo her. Oh but shes 135.....whatever
She does what the Spider does, be too big for the division you fight at. She isn't natural 135.

I think this is the reason, we need to have second weigh-in
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum