GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers)

+16
DatsikCrim
Dapperdoo
Zoidborg
Adax
CDF47
timbercutter
CcCcc
Wolfman
doubledx2c
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
SandmanFC
wekka
Mikal
KSW
20 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers) Empty UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 am
December 8
Key Arena, Seattle, United States
UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers) U9njwq12
Mikal
Mikal

UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers) Empty Re: UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:12 am
Surprised Siver / Phan is so low on the card.
wekka
wekka

UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers) Empty Re: UFC on Fox 5 - Henderson vs. Diaz (spoilers)

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 am
^ TUF members always get better slots on FX Prelims. Easton is explainable too since he's probably next in line at the Bantamweight title after McDonald.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am
These FOX cards are something else.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:47 am
SandmanFC wrote:These FOX cards are something else.

This is a bit of desperation.

Dana & Lorenzo have done a complete 180 on their business model for these FOX shows this past 2 shows. Their original model was to put out low-mid tier fighters on FOX cards and advertise their big name PPV's. Evidently something has changed. Now they are giving away some name fighters on free TV. The big name UFC on FOX 1 - Cain vs JDS match up was as Dana stated in the press up to the event, a one time deal. They can't put bigger PPV drawing names on the FOX cards. That will put them out of business. PPV buys are the vast majority of their revenues.

I'm quite sure that FOX read them the riot act and said they'd better get their ratings up or else. Like any other TV show the UFC can be cancelled at anytime. No matter what anybody hears on the UFC forums, their ratings with the weak FOX cards were not good. They have not been up to par for what FOX has had in the past on the same evenings in the same time slots. FOX's gamble after UFC on FOX 1 is to make an investment in the longer-term hoping that a much bigger audience will grow. They could be making more advertising dollars with different programming at this point. They have really gained nothing yet from this UFC deal. Spent a lot but have nothing to show for it at this point.

The heat's been turned up Zuffa boys. When FOX's does drop the hammer on the UFC on FOX... it will send a shudder through the MMA industry and shake the confidence of paying UFC fans & UFC Sponsors/partners.

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:14 am
I still wont watch im just not interested enough, I will however catch the shogun fight down the line somewhere.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 am
4 good fights on the card so far
doubledx2c

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:02 pm
Dagwood wrote:
SandmanFC wrote:These FOX cards are something else.

This is a bit of desperation.

Dana & Lorenzo have done a complete 180 on their business model for these FOX shows this past 2 shows. Their original model was to put out low-mid tier fighters on FOX cards and advertise their big name PPV's. Evidently something has changed. Now they are giving away some name fighters on free TV. The big name UFC on FOX 1 - Cain vs JDS match up was as Dana stated in the press up to the event, a one time deal. They can't put bigger PPV drawing names on the FOX cards. That will put them out of business. PPV buys are the vast majority of their revenues.

I'm quite sure that FOX read them the riot act and said they'd better get their ratings up or else. Like any other TV show the UFC can be cancelled at anytime. No matter what anybody hears on the UFC forums, their ratings with the weak FOX cards were not good. They have not been up to par for what FOX has had in the past on the same evenings in the same time slots. FOX's gamble after UFC on FOX 1 is to make an investment in the longer-term hoping that a much bigger audience will grow. They could be making more advertising dollars with different programming at this point. They have really gained nothing yet from this UFC deal. Spent a lot but have nothing to show for it at this point.

The heat's been turned up Zuffa boys. When FOX's does drop the hammer on the UFC on FOX... it will send a shudder through the MMA industry and shake the confidence of paying UFC fans & UFC Sponsors/partners.

The guys on this card haven't traditionally been huge PPV draws, plus Henderson's coming off a pretty boring decision with Edgar. Penn is really the only one on the card who's been a reliable PPV draw. FOX execs already said that they're in this for the "long haul", and that they didn't expect to succeed right off the bat.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm
I'm very interested in the two main fights. They have everything to be entertaining..let's see...
CcCcc
CcCcc

Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:44 pm
beson henderson will still be winner after fight, i thnk he will stays chaumpion for as long time
timbercutter
timbercutter

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:27 pm
CcCcc wrote:beson henderson will still be winner after fight, i thnk he will stays chaumpion for as long time

doubt it ccc....Beson is goin down, i'd bet a dictionary on it.............................................................
wekka
wekka

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:28 pm
The Fox portion will be a guaranteed success. I just don't any of those fights being outright boring.

As for the undercard, Edwards/Stephens should be fun, Easton/Assuncao is a pivotal BW bout bit will most likely be a snoozer, Siver/Phan will be good for what its worth, Tim Means is an interesting fighter, and Jorgensen/Albert should be fun too although it should be televised.
wekka
wekka

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:29 pm
timbercutter wrote:
CcCcc wrote:beson henderson will still be winner after fight, i thnk he will stays chaumpion for as long time

doubt it ccc....Beson is goin down, i'd bet a dictionary on it.............................................................

Lol, the guy is a foreigner.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:38 pm
This Fox card is real solid. 4 really solid fights. This is what they should have put out from the beginning. Less total cards, 3 PPVs stacked with 2-3 title fights, 4 Fox cards each with a title fight (like today's PPV), and top contender fights on main cards of FX and Fuel.

Overall improvement in product quality is needed and fewer cards overall with absolutely no more watered down cards.
Adax

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:16 pm
Rooting for Nate, I'm sure you could all guess that hah. I really hope he can score a finish, I don't want see the judges have any say in this match. Benson is cool but really pulling for Nate.

Between Gustafsson and Shogun, I'll be happy for either guy who wins. I'm leaning towards Gustafsson a bit though because it'd be nice to see someone new get a crack at Jon Jones.

I'm picking Rory as much as I don't really want him to win. I dunno the guy's personality annoys me some, but so do the personalities of a lot of people my age hahah. I hope Penn proves me wrong though and really brings the fight, an in shape focused BJ Penn is dangerous blah blah you all know the spiel.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:Rooting for Nate, I'm sure you could all guess that hah. I really hope he can score a finish, I don't want see the judges have any say in this match. Benson is cool but really pulling for Nate.

Between Gustafsson and Shogun, I'll be happy for either guy who wins. I'm leaning towards Gustafsson a bit though because it'd be nice to see someone new get a crack at Jon Jones.

I'm picking Rory as much as I don't really want him to win. I dunno the guy's personality annoys me some, but so do the personalities of a lot of people my age hahah. I hope Penn proves me wrong though and really brings the fight, an in shape focused BJ Penn is dangerous blah blah you all know the spiel.

No way, you're pulling for Nate? LOL. Same here. It would be great to see Nate finish Bendo and take the title, although it would suck for Melendez. Doubt they would ever fight. I guess Gil could go to WW.

I hope Shogun takes out Gustafsson. Nothing against Gustafsson but I just can't go against Shogun.

If Penn, Shogun, and Nate were to win it would be unreal.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:41 am
WAR Shogun, I still believe he has what it takes to become LHW Champ again.

But, if Alexander Gustafsson does win then I will support him 100% to beat Bones Jones.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:33 am
I canĀ“t believe they still use this crappy song. Like school on a sunday

KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 am
This is how it should be done..

doubledx2c

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 am
Bendo will outwrestle Nate all day to a UD. Gustafsson is probaby gonna finish zombie Shogun, considering how vulnerable he looked against Vera. Penn will stuff the acneback's takedowns and either TKO him or choke him out.
Zoidborg
Zoidborg

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 am
i want to see Siver Vs Phan the most

i really want to see Phan dominate a fight... but Siver is one of those unpredictable hard to read fighters

good card

wekka
wekka

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 am
My picks:

Bendo
Gustafsson
MacDonald
Swick
Easton
Stephens
Nijem
Martinez
Siver
Jorgensen
Means
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm
Lofgren wrote:This is how it should be done..

this shit gave me chills
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:56 pm
I'm rooting for Diaz, Shogun and BJ. I also see them all winning. I wasn't convinced with Gustaffsson's performance vs. Thiago Silva, bar the uppercut. I feel we see the non-sluggish meditated Shogun here who knocks Gustaffsson out. my prediction is SHOGUN late round 1 KO.

BJ will fucking WRECK this kid on the feet. He'll get totally outclassed, BJ will stuff EVERY takedown and possibly get one of his own. The takedown's rory scored against Mills where laughable. BJ's TDD is on another level. I'm not into Rory's hype. BJ with the finish round 2.

Diaz v. Henderson is really hard to call. That's all i can say. I can see Diaz winning though.
DatsikCrim
DatsikCrim

Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:38 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:I still wont watch im just not interested enough, I will however catch the shogun fight down the line somewhere.
Damn really!? This is a great card IMO.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum