GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

The Fighting Life: Legend Lightweight Champion Jadamba Narantungalag  Empty The Fighting Life: Legend Lightweight Champion Jadamba Narantungalag

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 am
Born: December 16, 1975
City of Birth: Bugat, Bulgan, Mongolia
Height: 173cm / 5’8”
Weight Class: Lightweight (70kg / 155lbs)
Record: 8-2
Styles: Karate, Judo, Wrestling
Achievements: Black Belt in Kyokushin Karate (1999), Legend Fighting Championship Lightweight Champion (2011)

Titles & Championships:

Gold Medal – 1993 Mongolian Judo Junior Championship (60 kg)
Gold Medal – 1994 Erdenet City Jeet Kune Do Open Tournament (70 kg)
Gold Medal – 1997 Mongolian Kickboxing Championship (70 kg)
Final Four – 1997 Mongolian Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Gold Medal – 1998 Erdenet Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Silver Medal – 2000 Asian Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Gold Medal – 2000 Mongolian Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Gold Medal – 2001 Mongolian Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Silver Medal – 2002 Russian Open Kyokushin Karate Championship (70 kg)
Gold Medal – 2003 Mongolian Kyokushin Karate Championship (Open Weight)
Final Eight – 2004 K-1 World MAX (70 kg)
Final Eight – 2005 K-1 World MAX (70 kg)
Gold Medal – 2005 Mongolian Combat Sambo Championship (70 kg)
Gold Medal – 2006 Sonsogchiin Aldar Mongolian Kickboxing Championship (75 kg)
Gold Medal – 2006 Zag Association Mongolian Kickboxing Championship (70 kg)
Winner – 2009 MGL-1 Mongolian Kickboxing Championship (70 kg)
Winner – 2009 MGL-1 Mongolian MMA Championship (73 kg)

Background:

Current Legend Lightweight Champion Jadamba Narantungalag graduated with a degree in Humanities from Mongolia’s National Defense University. He began training in martial arts at a young age, and after winning his first gold medal in 1993, he quickly gained prominence within the world of Asian combat sports.

A powerful striker, Jadamba’s combat sports career has been a trial by fire. In K-1 World MAX, he has gone toe-to-toe with legends such as Masato and Buakaw Por Pramuk. And his first MMA fight was against Japanese superstar Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto. Although Jadamba holds an impressive record of championship titles in Karate, Kickboxing, Combat Sambo, and MMA, it was his underdog demolition of Japanese MMA superstar Akihiro Gono in 2010 that caused the MMA world to truly sit up and take notice of him.

In spite of his achievements, Jadamba is a quiet, humble man who sees himself as martial artist first and a fighter second. It was watching the Bruce Lee movie “Enter the Dragon” that first drove him to take up martial arts, and Lee’s example of integrating the best of all styles continues to inspire Jadamba. Asked about his motivation to train and compete, Jadamba replies with his favorite proverb: “To defeat an opponent, you must first defeat yourself.”

Q: What’s your favorite martial arts discipline?

I like to use techniques from Karate and Kickboxing because of my emphasis on powerful striking in my MMA fights.

Q: Other than fighting, what are your hobbies?

I like reading books, traveling to historically significant places, hiking, and mountain-climbing. To be surrounded by nature on top of tall mountains while seeing horizons far away gives me a feeling of pure relaxation, like I am wrapped in a dream.

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration?

My parents are my biggest inspiration. They both drove me to learn martial arts, with my mother wanting me to learn wrestling, and my father wanting me to box. By competing at the highest level of MMA, I feel that I have made both their wishes come true, and I hope that they are proud of me from where they see me in heaven.

Q: What training camp are you a part of in preparation for your next bout?

I am currently training at the Japanese Karate dojo Bugenjuku in Mongolia. I also train at my own fight club, Shandas Dojo.

Q: Do you prefer stand-up or the ground with your opponents?

I have grown to enjoy all aspects of MMA fighting. It really depends on how the opponent likes to fight. It’s interesting to fight according to the game plan designed by my trainer and me.

Q: What does it mean to you to be a fighter?

I am proud to be a fighter. The training, the hard work, and the sacrifice are all very fulfilling, and I think they make me a better person in my home and personal lives too. I can’t imagine life without MMA.

Q: What holes do you see in your game based on your previous fights that you’d like to improve on?

When I fought against Adrian Pang, I made some mistakes in my wrestling and placed myself in a position where he was almost able to submit me with a kneebar (watch the fight). When I fought against Nam Yui Chul, I left myself open by keeping my hands too low and felt like my grappling wasn’t perfect.

Q: Who was your toughest opponent to date?

Adrian Pang was the toughest fighter I have faced. He took my striking very well and never gave up or slowed down at any point during our three rounds together.

Q: What separates you from every other fighter in your division?

I am very passionate about martial arts. Unlike other fighters who train in several different academies, I learn MMA from only one trainer, Junichi Arai. He loves MMA, has a deep understanding of it, and is always trying to improve.

Q: How did fighting for Legend change your life?

I am now the Asia-Pacific Lightweight Champion. My confidence is high, my goals are clear, and my responsibility to keep the belt is heavy. I have a clear goal, and I am driven to learn more about martial arts and better myself as a martial artist every day.

Q: What do you want to be remembered for at the end of your career?

I want to be remembered as a great fighter and great martial artist.

Q: What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?

Before entering the ring, my trainer Mr. Arai once said to me, “Fight according to your own heart and our preparation. If you do that, you are sure to win.” I believe that all things depend on me, not on my opponent.

Q: Any last words for the fans?

I will always do my best to put on great fights, defeat my opponents, and keep the belt. Please support Mongolian fighters!

http://www.legendfc.com/en/news/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum