GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ZuffaKiller

Undefeated Featherweight Chas Skelly Emphatically Back with Three Victories in 2012 Empty Undefeated Featherweight Chas Skelly Emphatically Back with Three Victories in 2012

Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:43 am
Looking back on his third round TKO win at the recent Legacy FC 16, undefeated featherweight prospect Chas Skelly sees both the positives and negatives of his performance.

“There are a lot of things that I could have done a lot better that I didn’t do because I was trying to set him up for a certain submission the first couple rounds, but it wasn’t working,” said Skelly. “It should have been a 30-second fight in my opinion instead of three rounds.

“The good thing is I learned a lot from that fight and it was a very valuable experience for me, so I can’t say too many bad things about it.”

Skelly further elaborated on what the fight opened his eyes to by saying, “I think one of the biggest things I learned that no matter how well you prepare, no matter how much film you watch or how well you know an opponent, there’s just such a level of unpredictability that goes with this sport.

“First, I got too complacent and set in what I was planning on doing and it just really hurt me in the fight. Secondly, I shouldn’t force things and should just let them happen. Lastly, I shouldn’t stop throwing and try to land shots wherever I can because that’s where all your openings come from.”

Following a near two-year layoff, Skelly’s three wins in three fights in 2012 couldn’t have been a more successful comeback.

“In 2010, I suffered an injury that put me out for a year, then in 2011 I tried to come back from the injury and got hurt again; so finally getting back in there and finally getting great coaching and training partners at Team Takedown, things are going great for me,” he said.

“It’s nice to get back in there and get a few wins under my belt. 2012 went better than I could have planned or ever expected.”

Having fought previously in Bellator before his injury, Skelly is looking forward to getting back up to that level again and finish what he started prior to his layoff.

“Now that I’m back and rolling and feeling good, I know I can push myself just like I used to before I got hurt – that’s a huge step for me,” he said. “Hopefully before too long I’ll get a call from a bigger promotion.

“This year was a big year for me because I had to come back, and next year is going to be even better because I believe I’m going to carry my momentum through into the bigger promotions and pick up right where I left off.”

http://www.mmaweekly.com/undefeated-featherweight-chas-skelly-emphatically-back-with-three-victories-in-2012
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum