GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MMA Documentaries

+5
KSW
RussianTopTeam
CDF47
wekka
PRIDE NEVER DIE
9 posters
Go down

MMA Documentaries Empty MMA Documentaries

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

MMA Documentaries Empty Re: MMA Documentaries

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:26 pm
Their is interest but the people with interest sadly do not have the means to do this and if it is done via zuffa you will never get a real documentary. Just some fluff and b.s. Look at the wcw docs their actually quite good but they dont tell the whole story...If its zuffa produced their would be no point in having the doc at all. Their side of the story will make wwe's recolection(sp) of wcw look like a first hand account from Eric Bischoff.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:37 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:Their is interest but the people with interest sadly do not have the means to do this and if it is done via zuffa you will never get a real documentary. Just some fluff and b.s. Look at the wcw docs their actually quite good but they dont tell the whole story...If its zuffa produced their would be no point in having the doc at all. Their side of the story will make wwe's recolection(sp) of wcw look like a first hand account from Eric Bischoff.
Yeah, I've heard Bischoff say that, "their view" but the Heroes of World Class was excellent one, non-WWE one and the kickstarter one - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1212455573/glow-the-story-of-the-gorgeous-ladies-of-wrestling-0/

I think we could do this and I have some interest in doing this since I live in LA but I don't know who owns the graphics, images,etc. of everything
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:39 am
zuffa owns alot of it.....so that pretty much shuts any attempt down.
wekka
wekka

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:56 am
Fightland was a pretty interesting look at a regional promotion in Louisiana. Had familiar faces including Dustin Poirier before he went to the UFC and Tim Credeur.

It's on Showtime every now and then.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:49 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:46 pm
wekka wrote:Fightland was a pretty interesting look at a regional promotion in Louisiana. Had familiar faces including Dustin Poirier before he went to the UFC and Tim Credeur.

Yeah that was a pretty good documentary. Fightville is the name of it.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:36 pm
mmainamerica wrote:Anyone think one of those documentaries without Zuffa's involvement is a good idea? Forever Hardcore is another good non-WWE one about ECW
without them yes it would be a good idea but would you be allowed to use images are even talk about strikeforce,wec, pride, ifl...ect?

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:
wekka wrote:Fightland was a pretty interesting look at a regional promotion in Louisiana. Had familiar faces including Dustin Poirier before he went to the UFC and Tim Credeur.

Yeah that was a pretty good documentary. Fightville is the name of it.

Yupp, I knew it was something like that.

I'd be really interested in a full-blown Shooto retrospective. It would quite frankly be the tits.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 am
"The Smashing Machine" is the best MMA documentary i've ever seen and what introduced me to PRIDE FC back in early 2000. It follows the career of Mark Kerr both inside the ring and outside. It covers everything from , juice, drugs, booze, his relationship with his wife, the first PRIDE GP etc

I strongly recommend anyone to watch this.
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:11 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:"The Smashing Machine" is the best MMA documentary i've ever seen and what introduced me to PRIDE FC back in early 2000. It follows the career of Mark Kerr both inside the ring and outside. It covers everything from , juice, drugs, booze, his relationship with his wife, the first PRIDE GP etc

Yes and our Eddie is in it

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:09 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:"The Smashing Machine" is the best MMA documentary i've ever seen and what introduced me to PRIDE FC back in early 2000. It follows the career of Mark Kerr both inside the ring and outside. It covers everything from , juice, drugs, booze, his relationship with his wife, the first PRIDE GP etc

That is one of my favorites as well.

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:57 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:35 pm
mmainamerica wrote:I am going to start kickstarter.com project

I've reached out to a few people, regarding documentary. The documentary will be free to watch.

I was hoping you would come up with ideas and topics for the documentary. The first one will be about EliteXC. Anyone have a name suggestion?

Who else should I contact?
Both Shaws, Both Shamrocks, Kimbo Slice, Gina Carano, Seth Petruzelli, Scott Smith, Scott Coker, Turi Altavilla, Showtime Exec, CBS Exec, Jeremy Lappen, Dave Meltzer, Brett Rogers, Roy Nelson, Tito Ortiz, Terry Trebilcock, Kelly Perdew

Sounds interesting. You could contact Robbie Lawler, their MW champ, Big Foot (HW champ), Feijao, Cung Le, Phil Baroni, Joey V.,..
Brian J. D'Souza
Brian J. D'Souza
http://www.briandsouza.com

Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:38 am

Co-sign.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:23 am
mmainamerica wrote:Anyone think one of those documentaries without Zuffa's involvement is a good idea? Forever Hardcore is another good non-WWE one about ECW

Another ECW non-WWE is coming out as well.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:35 am
The Fighter,Once I Was A Champion,Driven,Choke,Rampage: unchained,uncut and uncensored,Legacy,90 Days,Fighting Politics were all good or ok.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 am
I'm a big fan of shoot interviews I'd love for someone to do this but with MMA/Kickboxing/Grappling fighters and personalities ..not just pro wrestlers.

A Cigar with Karl Gotch was like an hour interview some pretty interesting stuff talked about you can find it on youtube.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 am
I'd like to say I think this is a great idea and for sure there is interest for it.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
retrocausality

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:47 pm
great job
wekka
wekka

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:07 pm
Didn't expect something so quickly!

I'll definitely give this a watch soon.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:25 pm
mmainamerica wrote:

Finished it, its not the documentary I wanted to do but this will work for the time being. Shaw interview at the end is excellent.

nice. ill have to check this out later. thanks.
KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 am
mmainamerica wrote:

Finished it, its not the documentary I wanted to do but this will work for the time being. Shaw interview at the end is excellent.
Good job bro
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum