GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double standards in MMA

+4
Dagwood
Apres Moi
monaroCountry
Kinosis
8 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Double standards in MMA Empty Double standards in MMA

Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

If Fedor gets submitted by an ADCC champion, after being 32-1 for 10 years, he sucks and was never any good but if the ufc god of the week Velasquez gets brutally KO'd in 1 minute and everyone makes excuses and says "oh he just got caught" or a "lucky punch", even though Velasquez doesn't have even 1/3 of the fights Fedor does.

These bozos like kenny and sonnen will bash Fedor and say he needs to change camps, his training is outdated, he was never any good etc etc but in the above video, where Velasquez gets murdered easily, they say things like it was still a good fight and all of that. How come Velasquez doesn't need to change camps? How come his training is still okay? And it's not just these 2 fights, it's always like that. I get sick of the bias media and in turn, the bias "fans".
monaroCountry

Double standards in MMA Empty Re: Double standards in MMA

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 am
I agree with you.

Its not only that though, its also with the ranking. Theres a bias between zuffa and non zuffa fighter with how quickly and how high they climb the ranking, and how quickly they fall.

Its bullshit bro!!!!!

This is what TT was originally about wasnt it, exposing all the bias Zuffa shit?
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:45 am
Everything about MMA now is bastardized. Programs like these only further the agenda. I watched UFC on Fox with a bunch of casuals. In which they all chose Cain to win. I stated "Cain is rusty and can win if it goes beyond 2-3 rounds" They all scoffed and said Cain destroyed Brock and made him do a silly dance - thus JDS will get owned. Damn this shit works and damn watching with casuals. I despise watching MMA with casuals. It's something cool for them to do. I watch it for the technical aspect and enjoyment. Not so fighters can "just bleed." And this was my fucking relatives and friends. Faggots
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:01 am
monaroCountry wrote:I agree with you.

Its not only that though, its also with the ranking. Theres a bias between zuffa and non zuffa fighter with how quickly and how high they climb the ranking, and how quickly they fall.

Its bullshit bro!!!!!

This is what TT was originally about wasnt it, exposing all the bias Zuffa shit?

Yup, that's very true. Like when Fedor lost, places like sherdog couldn't wait to drop him down the rankings, even after being on top for a decade. Now a guy like Lesnar who only has what? 6 or 7 fights, I think he was still ranked around #3 even though he has only won 1 fight in years and that was against a guy who has never beat anyone except Frank Mir.

It's nearly impossible for zuffa fighters to be lowered in the rankings but anyone else, if they even made it in the rankings at all, drop off instantly if they lose. And yeah, I think that really is what TT was all about before all the other nonsense ruined it.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 am
Apres Moi wrote:Everything about MMA now is bastardized. Programs like these only further the agenda. I watched UFC on Fox with a bunch of casuals. In which they all chose Cain to win. I stated "Cain is rusty and can win if it goes beyond 2-3 rounds" They all scoffed and said Cain destroyed Brock and made him do a silly dance - thus JDS will get owned. Damn this shit works and damn watching with casuals. I despise watching MMA with casuals. It's something cool for them to do. I watch it for the technical aspect and enjoyment. Not so fighters can "just bleed." And this was my fucking relatives and friends. Faggots

yeah its pretty bad. Those guys bought the zuffa hype, like beating Lesnar actually means something. They guy has only fought a handful of times. I remember watching Machida vs Shogun 1 with some casuals who came along with one of my buddies. I told them Shogun has a good chance in this fight, don't underestimate him and they were literally laughing at me saying Shogun was a nobody who hadn't done anything. I told them you guys didn't see what he did in Pride, he is amazing and had a bum knee in some of his ufc fights.

Well, they weren't laughing anymore after the first round was over, they were sitting there with their jaws dropped looking really nervous. After the fight they even said Shogun got robbed. And Machida isn't some can, he is a good fighter, they just didn't know what Shogun was all about. What really bothers me about idiots like those guys is that even though they don't know anything, they try to talk down to you and act like you are the noob because they are to dumb to know any better. I watched Shogun/Machida 2 with one of my brothers zuffa nut hugging friends who was telling me how Machida was going to kill Shogun this time and had an arrogant attitude, again, he wasn't so arrogant after that fight.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 am
It's really the fact that Zuffa produces it's own fights and other TV shows. This means the only voice the masses only hear is theirs with their own market spin, propaganda & agenda.

If you look at all other major pro sports the teams or leagues do not also produce the televising of games. They don't have team or league-owned announcer, analysts, tv production, etc. In major league sports there is some semblance of objectivity and lack of bias.
Most major networks carry pro sports and are held accountable by the independent mainstream sports media. This way the fans are guaranteed of getting much more fair and accurate reporting and analysis. It all checks and balance each other. There is almost ZERO of this going on in major-league MMA in North America. Boxing doesn't produce their TV broadacst with their own announcers. Showtime does that for Top Tank Boxing.

Can you imagine any sport media outlet being afraid to ask an NFL football team president or league commissioner Roger Goodell pertinent, sensitive or investigative questions??? Or, afraid to question public statements made by either??? What if Roger Goodell banned Loretta Hunt from all NFL press conference??? It would be on the nightly news and people would boycott the NFL for violating freedom of speech and press constitutional rights.

It would be great if the UFC did not produce it's own product like the NFL or boxing. That would put an end to a lot of the misinformation the put out. The FOX deal will have some benefit in this matter though. I'm sure Dana and Lorenzos feet are going to get held to the fire a lot more with the big time media now involved. These guys don't let crap go by there is no fear that a black-balling by Zuffa could put them out effectively of business like they could all the small MMA-only media outlets.

KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 am
The double standards is one of the things that makes me mad. Carwin can lose 2 fights in a row and still be in the top 5-10 while Fedor is a can and UFC reject.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:17 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:The double standards is one of the things that makes me mad. Carwin can lose 2 fights in a row and still be in the top 5-10 while Fedor is a can and UFC reject.

Yup, exactly, I mean when is the last time Carwin even won a fight? About 2 years ago? and he is somehow top 5-10 still?! His only top 10 win in his entire career was Frank Mir who is wildly inconsistent. But Fedor losing 2 fights (at the time) and I think he was completely dropped by a lot of places or at best around 10th and he had 10 years of dominance and tons of top 10 wins backing him up before that. There is no logical way these guys could come up with something that crazy.
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm
Dagwood wrote:It's really the fact that Zuffa produces it's own fights and other TV shows. This means the only voice the masses only hear is theirs with their own market spin, propaganda & agenda.

If you look at all other major pro sports the teams or leagues do not also produce the televising of games. They don't have team or league-owned announcer, analysts, tv production, etc. In major league sports there is some semblance of objectivity and lack of bias.
Most major networks carry pro sports and are held accountable by the independent mainstream sports media. This way the fans are guaranteed of getting much more fair and accurate reporting and analysis. It all checks and balance each other. There is almost ZERO of this going on in major-league MMA in North America. Boxing doesn't produce their TV broadacst with their own announcers. Showtime does that for Top Tank Boxing.

Can you imagine any sport media outlet being afraid to ask an NFL football team president or league commissioner Roger Goodell pertinent, sensitive or investigative questions??? Or, afraid to question public statements made by either??? What if Roger Goodell banned Loretta Hunt from all NFL press conference??? It would be on the nightly news and people would boycott the NFL for violating freedom of speech and press constitutional rights.

It would be great if the UFC did not produce it's own product like the NFL or boxing. That would put an end to a lot of the misinformation the put out. The FOX deal will have some benefit in this matter though. I'm sure Dana and Lorenzos feet are going to get held to the fire a lot more with the big time media now involved. These guys don't let crap go by there is no fear that a black-balling by Zuffa could put them out effectively of business like they could all the small MMA-only media outlets.
Yes, being the biggest promotion by far and even the only promotion to many fans gives Zuffa the benefit to make their own version of the sport. Nothing outside the brand is important and they have even rewritten history. Many of the PRIDE legends had never fought real competition and they were exposed when they came to america.
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:01 pm
Kinosis wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:The double standards is one of the things that makes me mad. Carwin can lose 2 fights in a row and still be in the top 5-10 while Fedor is a can and UFC reject.

Yup, exactly, I mean when is the last time Carwin even won a fight? About 2 years ago? and he is somehow top 5-10 still?! His only top 10 win in his entire career was Frank Mir who is wildly inconsistent. But Fedor losing 2 fights (at the time) and I think he was completely dropped by a lot of places or at best around 10th and he had 10 years of dominance and tons of top 10 wins backing him up before that. There is no logical way these guys could come up with something that crazy.
I just checked out the latest Sherdog rankings. Carwin is #6 Shocked and Barnett is only #9. What has Carwin done to be ranked higher than world class fighter Barnett? As soon as you beat someone in the UFC you´re relevant. It´s all about the brand.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:44 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Kinosis wrote:

I just checked out the latest Sherdog rankings. Carwin is #6 Shocked and Barnett is only #9. What has Carwin done to be ranked higher than world class fighter Barnett? As soon as you beat someone in the UFC you´re relevant. It´s all about the brand.
strikeforce had imo 4 of the top 6 heavyweights. reem, werdum, barnett and cormier. but since they weren't zuffa, they weren't there.
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 pm
^Exactly
brace
brace

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm
This is the perennial problem with MMA, because there is no independent governing body to set ranks and arrange title fights. This is what happens when a single promoter controls the ranking and controls the media. Even with orgs like the NFL which retards compare to the UFC, the media is INDEPENDENT. But UFC has their own media to spin their shit and they don't even make any qualms about it, like this is how it's supposed to be lol..

Zuffa looking out for #1, because they are in the business of making money. But what they don't realize is they are destroying their own "sport" in the process and making it into a joke.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:33 pm
Fedor loses 2 fights at HW to ranked fighters and he is out of the sherdog top 10. Bigfoot beats Fedor, gets into the top 5 loses once and he is out of the top 10. Daniel Cormier is undefeated 9-0 beats top 5 Bigfoot Silva and he is only ranked #10 Shocked

Yet Shane Carwin is #6 after a huge layoff and back to back losses. WTF? His only good win was Frank Mir so why is he still top 10 but Bigfoot and Fedor are shit? Brock Lesnar does a Ballerina dance and is KOd in one round but yeah he is top 5 material right?
MMA rankings need to have some consistency but it seems like all you have to do is fight for ZUffa and get 1 win and you are a top fighter Rolling Eyes
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum