GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:   Empty Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:19 am
This is from a match between Kurzhev vs Papov in the 74kg final. One of the best subs I've ever seen. This maybe knock Vinny off his throne this year.

I know that some of this move is fundamental Sambo but... this is awesome. Shocked

Full Match

www.youtube.com/user/Sambovision#p/u/3/9cEr2SIzm7o
www.sambo.tv

Adax

Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:   Empty Re: Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 am
awesome but nasty! cool share Dag.
monaroCountry

Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:   Empty Re: Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:51 am
I love watching all these Sambo guys, theres some great moves, and its actually run like a proper sport. Even though MMA is bigger, sometimes I wish that MMA was more like Sambo. If it was then it stands a better chance of getting into the Olympics.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:27 am
Agree monaro. Brace and I have had this conversation many times.

A world governing MMA body with promotions from main MMA countries/regions... qualifying to get into the world championships... a FIFA-type model maybe or another major world sport model. Cross promotion et al. I really think this is what Vadim was/is trying to set up.The governing body has to be non-profit and neutral though.

This way you get many beautiful and varied types of MMA from all over the globe. Not just an attemot to force feed Zuffa's Americized brand of fighting on the world.

Let all MMA develop indigenously everywhere and these places can showcase it on a world stage vs everywhere else. There are so many untapped martial art forms and incredible athletes outside of the USA & Brazil.

There are many more non-sprinting/jumping Olympic medalists in eastern Europe and the former USSR than there is in the USA alone. Way more. If the former USSR country's wrestling medalists ever decided to train UFC there would be no more Americans left in Zuffa. I'm not anti-American, I just always feel the need to push back when the "USA has the best athletes" BS all over the forums gets through around by people ignorant to Olympic history.

monaroCountry

Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:08 am
Vadim Finkelstein and Evgani Kogan's view on WAMMA

Vadim Finkelstein: When we were planning first Affliction show came to idea – let`s make Fedor`s fight a title fight. М-1, Strikeforce, and some other organizations entered that alliance – WAMMA. This title neutral, it doesn`t belong to any organization. Of course UFC hasn`t joined it.

Evgani Kogan: "What it means, and what it means for us, is the idea that anyone can fight anyone. ...Eventually everyone is going to fight everyone else. It's going to have to happen. It's inevitable. That's what the WAMMA belt stands for. It stands for the hope for the future that the best people in the world will meet the best people in the world without organizations, without contracts, without all this stuff getting in the way. That's why we hold the WAMMA belt in such importance. ... It stands for an idea. Not only for Fedor but for us."

M-1 Global and his (Fedor's) manager Vadim Finkelstein seem very proud of (the WAMMA belt) to date. While few have seen the title as of late, even fewer even understand its intended purpose or even who or what WAMMA is all about.

WAMMA, or the World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts, was created as a sanctioning organization for MMA. WAMMA idealizes many admirable goals, such as "promoting the integrity, legitimacy, and longevity of mixed martial arts" by way of unifying rules and rankings. Additional objectives include investing in the sport by contributing to fighter pension funds, insurance programs, financial education seminars, and referee and judge training. Furthermore, unlike most sanctioning bodies, WAMMA does not charge promoters or tax fighters.

Since its conception WAMMA has faced some sizable obstacles in its quest for a more structured MMA. While it seeks to unify both rules and rankings, doing so requires unified consensus or acceptance of its legitimacy. In other words, all promotions and parties to whom it may concern must recognize their standing. The UFC however, as the dominant promotion in the sport, has not volunteered its recognition. While others such as Affliction, Adrenaline MMA, Strikeforce, Dream, K-1 and M-1 Global has, or had in some cases, cooperated, the UFC has never expressed interest in co-promotion of any kind. Quite a large hurdle if you consider that as of February 2010, over 75 percent of WAMMA's top ranked fighters were contracted by ZUFFA LLC, the parent company of both the UFC and WEC.

KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:21 am
WAMMA was such great idea. I hope it comes back or something similar.
KSW
KSW

Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:22 am
Holy cow Dag, one of the best subs.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 am
That is a brutally beautiful sub. Gonna try this shit in training!
brace
brace

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm
Sick! Russian Reverse Omaplata - 2011 Sambo World Championships :shock:   172825992 oh man, that was LIGHTNIN. I think maybe Sambo is evolving. These guys are gonna be monsters if they ever go pro..

Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 am
Wow, awesome stuff!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum