GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90

+10
stu3ufc
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
MR.WILLIE
CDF47
TehPackage
Junkyard Log
nodogoshi
doubledx2c
RussianTopTeam
KSW
14 posters
Go down
KSW
KSW

King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 Empty King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Backup

Backup

Last edited by PRIDE FC on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
KSW
KSW

King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 Empty Re: King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:25 am
Shocked I didn´t see this coming
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 Empty Re: King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 am
neither did I

looks like Kimg Mo decided to take the Ubereem approach and just go in there thinking he could underestimate his opponent and win the fight simply by just looking at his opponent with his hands down...... King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 3381238357
KSW
KSW

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:41 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:neither did I

looks like Kimg Mo decided to take the Ubereem approach and just go in there thinking he could underestimate his opponent and win the fight simply by just looking at his opponent with his hands down...... King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 3381238357
This is what I love about tournaments. All guys have a chance to make it to the top. I´m happy for Newton, this is really huge for his career. Mo will be back. If you put the top UFC fighters in these tourneys they would also lose to "unknown" fighters if they don´t focus 100%.
doubledx2c

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 am
And people on this forum were saying Mo had a good chance at beating Jones? I love how Mo spent a year with the Mayweathers and suddenly thought he was Ali. If he stuck to his bread and butter he wouldn't be harlem shaking his way out of the tournament. Always thought he was highly overrated. Bjorn must be pissed, Bellator invested so much in Mo's success. Now they'll have to start from scratch.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:36 am
From his Facebook:

I got caught. Great job Emanuel. Anyone can be defeated. Back to the drawing board. Thanx 4 the support!
KSW
KSW

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:38 am
doubledx2c wrote:And people on this forum were saying Mo had a good chance at beating Jones? I love how Mo spent a year with the Mayweathers and suddenly thought he was Ali. If he stuck to his bread and butter he wouldn't be harlem shaking his way out of the tournament. Always thought he was highly overrated. Bjorn must be pissed, Bellator invested so much in Mo's success. Now they'll have to start from scratch.
You don´t get it. Mo still has a chance to beat Jones, styles make fights and if UFC had tourneys like this most of the top guys would lose to almost unknown fighters. There´s such a small difference between the mid tier and top tier guys that you never know what will happen. UFC protects their top guys. Send them to Bellator or even M-1 and I can assure you they would lose sooner or later.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:39 am
doubledx2c wrote:And people on this forum were saying Mo had a good chance at beating Jones? I love how Mo spent a year with the Mayweathers and suddenly thought he was Ali. If he stuck to his bread and butter he wouldn't be harlem shaking his way out of the tournament. Always thought he was highly overrated. Bjorn must be pissed, Bellator invested so much in Mo's success. Now they'll have to start from scratch.

Any comparison or talk of fantasy fights is always just speculative. Though, talk of that sort could certainly be regarded as a bit exaggerated.

I knew that Mo would likely be tested in this tournament. You're right, he may have been overconfident. Nothing is ever assured.

That's the beauty of combat sports, though. Nobody is unbeatable, and anyone can lose at any given time. You just never know. Kind of like how John Jones was nearly submitted by Vitor Belfort in his last fight.
doubledx2c

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:44 am
PRIDE FC wrote:
You don´t get it. Mo still has a chance to beat Jones, styles make fights and if UFC had tourneys like this most of the top guys would lose to almost unknown fighters. There´s such a small difference between the mid tier and top tier guys that you never know what will happen. UFC protects their top guys. Send them to Bellator or even M-1 and I can assure you they would lose sooner or later.

Of course there's ALWAYS a chance that a fighter can win. This is MMA after all. However, Mo really doesn't pose any significant threat to JJ. Jones has better wrestling and better standup. Mo is a flat flooted, steroid using LNPer who thought he was a Mayweather. His most significant win is against Mousasi, where he spent the whole fight trying to hold him down. I think that Chandler and Curran are the only champs outside the UFC who would have a good chance at beating the reigning UFC titleholders in their divisions.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:49 am
PRIDE FC wrote:

Yeah, this is the truth. For instance, if Jones were to enter the same tournament, he'd obviously be a huge favorite, still more so than Mo was, but you still have to get in and fight 4 times, over a short time period, to earn the strap.

Thinking back to another recent tournament, the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix; who in their right mind would have believed, when the tournament was first announced, that within about 2 years, Bigfoot Silva would have TKO victories over the top 2 rated (by a considerable margin) fighters in the tournament, in Fedor and Alistar Overeem? Just another example of the unpredictability of it all.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:50 am
doubledx2c wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Of course there's ALWAYS a chance that a fighter can win. This is MMA after all. However, Mo really doesn't pose any significant threat to JJ. Jones has better wrestling and better standup. Mo is a flat flooted, steroid using LNPer who thought he was a Mayweather. His most significant win is against Mousasi, where he spent the whole fight trying to hold him down. I think that Chandler and Curran are the only champs outside the UFC who would have a good chance at beating the reigning UFC titleholders in their divisions.

Mo is a much better wrestler than Jones, and it is not even debatable. He is also a technically more proficient striker. Jones' striking is very unorthodox.

Last edited by nodogoshi on Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 am; edited 1 time in total
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:53 am
For the record, I still really do believe that Dan Henderson may be able to time Jones and put him to sleep, although if he doesn't do it quickly, he would have no chance to keep up with Jone's pace, and would be overwhelmed and stopped pretty quickly. However, Henderson isn't getting any younger, and the more they make him weight, the less chance he has to win. He has a tough fight in Machida, too, and there is a very good possibility he doesn't get past that fight.
doubledx2c

Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:53 am
nodogoshi wrote:
doubledx2c wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Of course there's ALWAYS a chance that a fighter can win. This is MMA after all. However, Mo really doesn't pose any significant threat to JJ. Jones has better wrestling and better standup. Mo is a flat flooted, steroid using LNPer who thought he was a Mayweather. His most significant win is
against Mousasi, where he spent the whole fight trying to hold him down. I think that Chandler and Curran are the only champs outside the UFC who would have a good chance at beating the reigning UFC titleholders in their divisions.

Mo is a much better wrestler than Jones, and it is not even debatable. He is also a technically more proficient striker. Jones' striking is very unorthodox.

Mo is a CREDENTIALLY better wrestler. It's pretty obvious that Jones
has better MMA wrestling. Better clinch takedowns and a far more explosive shot. I can't believe you're saying Mo has better technique when he puts his hands down after every punch. Jones dropped Machida, Belfort, and Shogun...
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:00 am
doubledx2c wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:
doubledx2c wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Of course there's ALWAYS a chance that a fighter can win. This is MMA after all. However, Mo really doesn't pose any significant threat to JJ. Jones has better wrestling and better standup. Mo is a flat flooted, steroid using LNPer who thought he was a Mayweather. His most significant win is
against Mousasi, where he spent the whole fight trying to hold him down. I think that Chandler and Curran are the only champs outside the UFC who would have a good chance at beating the reigning UFC titleholders in their divisions.

Mo is a CREDENTIALLY better wrestler. It's pretty obvious that Jones
has better MMA wrestling. Better clinch takedowns and a far more explosive shot. I can't believe you're saying Mo has better technique when he puts his hands down after every punch. Jones dropped Machida, Belfort, and Shogun...

Mo does have better technique, but that isn't the same as saying he is a better striker.

Kind of like Vernon Forest had much, much, much superior boxing technique to Ricardo Mayorga, but Mayorga both knocked him out and decisioned him.

And, Mo is a much better wrestler. That is a fact. This notion of "he has better MMA wrestling" is just ridiculous and absurd.

Mo is one of the best wrestlers in all of MMA. Jones is not even close.

He may have developed a grappling style which is effective for him in MMA, but that's a different discussion, and also still presents a debatable point.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 am
This was awesome! and a great win for Newton.

This is why I love Bellator's format.
KSW
KSW

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:48 am
nodogoshi wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Yeah, this is the truth. For instance, if Jones were to enter the same tournament, he'd obviously be a huge favorite, still more so than Mo was, but you still have to get in and fight 4 times, over a short time period, to earn the strap.

Thinking back to another recent tournament, the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix; who in their right mind would have believed, when the tournament was first announced, that within about 2 years, Bigfoot Silva would have TKO victories over the top 2 rated (by a considerable margin) fighters in the tournament, in Fedor and Alistar Overeem? Just another example of the unpredictability of it all.
It would be awesome to see the top fighters from Ultimate FC enter the Bellator tourneys and lose to some no name russians and the Zuffa hype machine would go down the toilet. Fans don´t seem to understand that styles make fights and sometimes bad/good luck.
KSW
KSW

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 am
doubledx2c wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

Mo vs Jones could go either way. I give an advantage to Jones because of his reach but Mo has better wrestling.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
Name the top fighters being protected and who they are being protected from.Wheres your proof? Im sure the post will be ignored.

Last edited by TehPackage on Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 pm
KO and Upset of the Year so far. Amazing KO and Newton is a new star fighter. He has a tough test ahead of him with Zayats. After that a possible rematch with Vegh if he can take out M'Pumbu. Their first fight was real close (split dec.).
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm
TehPackage wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:
Name the top fighters being protected and who they are being protected from.Wheres your proof? Im sure the post will be ignored.

How about one simple example.

John Jones from Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva from John Jones.

Do you think this would ever fly in an organization like Pride, where the best of the best fighters actually use to fight each other?
MR.WILLIE

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:10 pm
King Mo Lawal vs Emanuel Newton Fight Video - Bellator 90 EoY6yUY

wow...
KSW
KSW

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:14 pm
TehPackage wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:
All the fighters are protected. UFC should have non exclusive contracts and let them fight in the ring and in tournaments. UFC hand picks the opponents and chooses who to hype and who to cut.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:20 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
TehPackage wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:

How about one simple example.

John Jones from Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva from John Jones.

Do you think this would ever fly in an organization like Pride, where the best of the best fighters actually use to fight each other?
The UFC wants that fight. Those guys dont want it. I wouldnt call that protecting.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:32 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
TehPackage wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:
All the fighters are protected. UFC should have non exclusive contracts and let them fight in the ring and in tournaments. UFC hand picks the opponents and chooses who to hype and who to cut.
scratch How is that protecting fighters? They give out bullshit title shots but thats not protecting. Its about money. Theres other orgs. that have rings and touneys with fights just as good as the UFC.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:55 pm
Have to question Mo's punch resistance after that shot, which was nothing more than a lovetap.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum