GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion)

+9
Realidea
Junkyard Log
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
KSW
wekka
CDF47
Adax
ZuffaKiller
13 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) Empty ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:52 pm
April 13, Seoul Olympic Hall, South Korea

Main Card:
Nam Yui Chul vs. Takasuke Kume (LW Titlefight)
Joachim Hansen vs Doo Won Seo
Sokoudjou vs. Seung Bae Whi
Hae Suk Son vs. Ikuhisa Minowa
Jung Hwan Cha vs. Luis Ramos
Lee Hyeong Seok vs Murat Kazgan

Undercard:
Kim Sung Jae vs. Lee Kiloo [Bantamweight Reserve Match]
Moon Jae Hoon vs. Sato Shoko [Bantamweight Tournament]
Song Min Jong vs. Allan Yoshihiro [Bantamweight Tournament]
Kwak Myoung Sik vs. Hong Jung Gi [Bantamweight Tournament]
Lee Yoon Chul vs. Kim Ho Joon [Bantamweight Tournament]
Adax

ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) Empty Re: ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:03 pm
ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) 978902312

It would be fantastic to see Minowaman capture the ROAD FC 11 MW title. I wish him the best.
ZuffaKiller

Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:08 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote: ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) 978902312

It would be fantastic to see Minowaman capture the ROAD FC 11 MW title. I wish him the best.
yea it sure would although I don't know too much about his opponent.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:28 pm
Can't wait to see Kume take the ROAD LW belt. I'd like to see him fight the winner of Boku/Aoki for the ONE FC title after that or maybe Zoro first.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:29 pm

same here
wekka
wekka

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:22 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:

yea it sure would although I don't know too much about his opponent.

Eun Soo Lee is a heavy hitter who once fought at heavyweight.

Nothing Minowa hasn't faced before but I wouldn't count Lee out.
ZuffaKiller

Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:35 am
^^^That should be a fun fight then
ZuffaKiller

ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) Empty Sokoudjou will face Seung Bae Whi at Road FC 11

Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:50 pm
After months of speculation it has been officially confirmed that Sokoudjou’s opponent for the upcoming Road FC 11 card will be Sueng Bae Whi. Sueng Bae Whi, a Road FC veteran, is best known for his upset win by knockout over Denis Kang at Road FC 3.

Sueng Bae Whi had this to say about the matchup, “It really doesn’t matter to me that Sokoudjou is a big name or that he is a very accomplished fighter. If you are a man, let’s have an exciting striking battle.”

Road FC 11 is undoubtedly the most stacked card yet for the Korean MMA promotion. ROAD FC 11 will take place 2013.04.13 at the Olympic Hall in Seoul.

MAIN CARD

Eun Soo Lee vs. Ikuhisa Minowa for the middleweight championship

Nam Yui Chul vs. Takasuke Kume for the vacant lightweight championship

UNDERCARD

Young Guns 7 Bantamweight Tournament Quarter- and Semi-finals

7[Bantamweight Semi Final]
3 winner vs. 4 winner

6[Bantamweight Semi Fina]
1 winner vs. 2 winner

5 [Bantamweight Reserve Match]
Kim Sung Jae vs. Lee Kiloo

4[Bantamweight Tournament]
Moon Jae Hoon vs. Sato Shoko

3 [Bantamweight Tournament]
Song Min Jong vs. Allan Yoshihiro

2[Bantamweight Tournament]
Kwak Myoung Sik vs. Hong Jung Gi

1[Bantamweight Tournament]
Lee Yoon Chul vs. Kim Ho Joon

http://cormma.com/sokoudjou-will-face-seung-bae-whi-at-road-fc-11/
ZuffaKiller

ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) Empty Murat Kazgan vs Lee Hyeong Seok confirmed for Road FC 011

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 am
Lee Hyeong Seok will face Murat Kazgan in a lightweight affair on the Road FC 011 main card. Murat Kazgan is a MMA pioneer and bona fide superstar in his home country of Turkey.

He will be joining other international fighters such as Joachim Hansen,Sokoudjou, and Luis Ramos in one of the most highly anticipated MMA cards in South Korean history.

Road FC 011 will take at the Olympic Hall in Seoul on 04.03.2013.

MAIN CARD

Nam Yui Chul vs. Takasuke Kume for the vacant lightweight championship

UNDERCARD

3 winner vs. 4 winner

1 winner vs. 2 winner

http://cormma.com/murat-kazgan-vs-lee-hyeong-seok-confirmed-for-road-fc-011/
KSW
KSW

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 am
Looking forward to this ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) 424776184
KSW
KSW

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 am
Hopefully Minowa wins and gets the titlefight next time. I would like to see Sokoudjou fighting for the LHW belt as well. Who are the current champs in each division?
ZuffaKiller

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 am
Jung Hwan Cha wants to beat some sense into Ryo Chonan

Road FC welterweight fighter “Stone Cutter” Jung Hwan Cha (27, MMA STORY) is not happy with Ryo Chonan and his disparaging comments about the Rising Sun emblem.

Ryo Chonan, in response to the controversy surrounding the Rising Sun emblem on George St. Pierre’s gi, wrote on his twitter.

“All the people complaining about the Rising Sun flag is an idiot. Learn history! Even though that might be too much for you idiots.”

“There is a lot of exaggerations and anti-Japanese education in regards to Japanese involvement in World War II.”

“Japan actually helped Korea and made it a developed country. Also when Japan was there Korea was not divided between North and South.”

Jung Hwan Cha responded to this by saying, “I don’t know if it’s because he wasn’t punched enough or he’s been punched too much that’s causing his brain to malfunction. Whatever the case may be, he will think straight after I hit him again. I already won once, this time I will destroy him. After the lesson I teach him, he won’t be able to spew stupid comments for at least another 30 years.”

This is not the first time Ryo Chonan has gotten in trouble for his comments concerning the tenuous relationship between Japan and Korea and the war crimes that were committed by Imperial Japan in World War II.

In 2011, Ryo Chonan also wrote on his twitter, “I don’t care about the comfort women. Go make more statues in Korea. Japan is too busy.”

“As a Korean citizen I can’t just listen to Ryo Chonan’s comments and not do something,” explained Jung Hwan Cha. “After forgetting about his existence, he comes back saying stupid comments. Of course, we are both MMA fighters, so we can do this the fair way. I want to punish him again in an MMA ring or cage.”

At the ‘Astra’ event on 04.2010, Jung Hwan Cha had beaten Ryo Chonan by KO in the first round. At the time, Ryo Chonan had just been cut by the UFC and was making his homecoming back to the Japanese MMA scene. No one had expected Jung Hwan Cha to actually win.

“I heard a lot of people say I was lucky, I will just have to prove myself again,” said Jung Hwan Cha. “Korean Mixed Martial Arts have already reached the same level as JMMA. I have also gotten much stronger than before. I went to Japan that time, so I would like Ryo Chonan to come to South Korea for our rematch.”

After hearing the news Road FC officials commented, “We can’t confirm anything yet but we will do everything in our power to make this rematch come to fruition. After Road FC 011, we will see the results and go from there.”

Jung Hwan Cha will be fighting former UFC fighter Luis Ramos on the upcoming Road FC 011 card. Road FC 011 will take place on 4.13.2013.

△△△△△△

ROAD FC 011 MAIN CARD

Nam Yui Chul vs. Takasuke Kume for the vacant Lightweight Championship

UNDERCARD

3 winner vs. 4 winner

1 winner vs. 2 winner

http://cormma.com/jung-hwan-cha-wants-to-beat-some-sense-into-ryo-chonan/
ZuffaKiller

Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:25 am
Nam Yui Chul interview on facing Takasuke Kume at Road FC 011 : VIDEO

http://cormma.com/nam-yui-chul-interview-on-facing-takasuke-kume-at-road-fc-011-video/
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 pm
Nice to see Hansen back in the ring but what happened to the proposed Arona-Sokoudjou rematch? No
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:44 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Nice to see Hansen back in the ring but what happened to the proposed Arona-Sokoudjou rematch? No
You remeber that line from JT, something about "going down the fookin toilet"?.....Yea ROAD FC 11 (Official Discussion) 3973136183
wekka
wekka

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:59 pm
I'm honestly cheering for Seo. His style is way too fun to not cheer for.
KSW
KSW

Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:59 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Nice to see Hansen back in the ring but what happened to the proposed Arona-Sokoudjou rematch? No
Arona was probably never interested in this. I don´t think Arona will ever make a comeback in mma, can´t mess up that face when you´re a top surfer Very Happy
ZuffaKiller

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:21 am
Joachim Hansen talks ROAD FC 011 debut : PART 1

MMA PLANET conducted an interview with Joachim Hansen as he prepared for his fight against Doo Won Seo at Road FC 011. This is Part 1 of the interview, Part 2 will be coming soon.

You will make your début at Road FC 011 in a week. Can you tell us why you decided to sign with Road FC?

DREAM is not able to open shows and there are not many opportunities to fight in Japan. Also my manager got an offer from Road FC. My job is fighting. I am making my living as a fighter. I will fight at Road FC in South Korea and compete in Shootboxing in Japan. I also wish to fight MMA in Japan again.

Asian MMA has improved and you have always competed in Japan. Is there any reason for fighting almost exclusively in Asia instead of for any major North American organization?

I am not young anymore, but I still hope to fight in North America if I get the right offer. Currently, I am happy with my situation. My girlfriend is also fighting in Japan. I like the Japanese style of MMA. I also like the American style.

I used to fight for no money at organizations like Finn Fight. I will fight anywhere (laughs).

What are your impressions of Road FC?

It is a very professional organization. The quality of the fighters is also very high. This is why I have to train very hard for my fight.

Your opponent is Doo Won Seo. He is primarily a striker with heavy hands.

He is a strong fighter. He actually has a background in Judo, but is primarily a stand up fighter. I have the experience edge, but if I am not ready it will not be good for me.

There is an opinion in Japan that Korean fighters have better physical tools and are more aggressive.

This is true, but there are always individual styles in every country. The Japanese definitely concentrate a lot on their technical skills, while Korean fighters have a more aggressive style. Also the Korean fighters have adjusted to the cage better than the Japanese. I don’t want to concentrate too much on that. I will put my focus on the individual.

How do you feel about fighting in a cage?

I am using the wall at the gym to imitate the cage. I have fought before in a cage in Sweden and England, so I have cage experience.

Road FC does not follow the unified rules. No elbows are allowed on the ground.

What, really? Ok, now I know.

It seems you did not know that rule (laughs).

No, I knew that. No elbows. I will just maintain the best possible shape before the right and learn the rules after (laughs).

I know you are now in Japan and living in a hotel. Is it hard to maintain your fitness?

No, it is not a problem at all. I just sleep in the hotel. I plan to go to Korea after my girlfriend’s fight at JEWEL. I will probably be in South Korea 10 days before the fight.

I started fighting in 1999 and have basically been traveling my whole life. I have slept in many couches, so a Japanese Hotel is not a problem.

How is your diet?

I can’t cook at all (laughs). I just eat extremely simple food. I don’t need any special kind of good. I just eat food as a source of nutrition. Of course, I love Yakiniku but I don’t stress about it. Winning is my priority, not my meals.

Road FC 011 will take at the Olympic Hall in Seoul on 04.03.2013.

△△△△△△

MAIN CARD

Nam Yui Chul vs. Takasuke Kume for the Vacant Lightweight Championship

UNDERCARD

3 winner vs. 4 winner

1 winner vs. 2 winner

http://cormma.com/joachim-hansen-talks-road-fc-011-debut-part-1/
ZuffaKiller

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 am
Nam Yui Chul and Seung Bae Whi train for Road FC 011 : VIDEO

Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:30 pm
I can't wait for this!
ZuffaKiller

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:15 pm
Takasuke Kume ready to dictate the pace against Nam Yui Chul at Road FC 011 : Part 1

You will be fighting Nam Yui Chul at Road FC 011. How is your current condition?

My condition is good. I was at 78kg this morning, so I’ll be around 76kg two days before the weigh-ins. I know there are some problems with North Korea, but hopefully nothing happens. However, Koreans might be more used to being nervous to those types of situations.

I am sure the Koreans have a different perspective compared to the Japanese. Also, it would be good nothing happens for the sake of the world and not just your fight (laughs).

That is very true.

Recently, there has been a lot of anti-Japanese sentiment in South Korea because of the Dokdo (Takeshima) Islands.

Well, I have never been booed at Road FC. It was the opposite actually, it was almost amazing how many Koreans cheered for me. I also get along very well with everyone involved with Road FC.

Did you think you would be fighting for the title in just a year?

No, not at all. I did not even know that there would be a grand-prix for the Lightweights. I was also lucky that we had to only fight once in a day for the tournament.

Other than the mats being a bit too hard, the Road FC organization was much more professional and smoother than I had anticipated. I have no complaints at all. It’s a bonus that the trip is short to Korea and that the weigh-in is at the same hotel we are staying at.

I have to take the subway while cutting weight in Tokyo…Road FC is a real improvement. When I was taking the subway it was always very difficult for me to dehydrate myself, which weakened my condition. I am so thankful that I can just eat and do everything in the same hotel.

It seems they really make it easier for the fighters.

I can concentrate on just the battle. It is a bit weird to be eating in the same hotel as my opponent after the weigh-ins (laughs). Luckily, the dining area is very large. The meal is also buffet style so it’s really convenient.

I can also eat a lot of rice in South Korea, so the environment is very much like being in Japan. The people running Road FC are also very helpful and promptly answer any questions. Road FC CEO Jung Mun Hong was formerly a professional fighter and really cares about the sport. I can’t thank him enough. I think this is why so many strong fighters have started to join Road FC.

What do you think about your opponent, Nam Yui Chul?

I did look at some tape including his fight with Jadamba Narantungalag, but did not think too much of him until I saw his fight with Masahiro Toryu.

I was actually there taking pictures at Legend FC when Nam Yui Chul fought Jadamba Narantungalag. Nam Yui Chul was able to brawl with him and take him down several times. Even though he lost, I remember thinking that not many Japanese fighters fought like that. Nam Yui Chul was the one who made me realize that Korean fighters had gotten very strong.

I had to go through many opponents in the tournament, so at that time I did not concentrate on Nam Yui Chul. But after his fight with Toryu, I also saw how strong his body and mind was. My image of Korean fighters changed. The way he beat Toryu left a real impression on me. Toryu could not do anything before he lost, and Toryu was someone I had fought before.

Any fighter can be hurt in an exchange. I recall that is how he hurt Toryu and finished him off.

That is why I am concentrating a lot on controlling the distance. I want to fight at a distance. Nam is the type of fighter who does best in a brawl, he likes to get in exchanges and hurt his opponent in the exchange. He also likes to increase his pressure when he sees that his opponent is hurt. This is why I can’t rush for a takedown.

I have to be able to dictate where he is before I take him down. I can’t be the aggressor like in my previous fights. My main objective is to control the distance.

I noticed that Nam Yui Chul did not back away from Vuyisile Colossa ‘s aggressive strikes and stood with him. Honestly, I believe Colossa is a better striker than you.

That is true. They started brawling from the start and Vuyisile Colossa actually went for the first takedown. Nam Yui Chul did change his strategy to a more takedown orientated one after exchanging.

I believe Nam eventually won because he was more well rounded and knew when to switch from striking to grappling.

What will happen if you come with the strategy of punching and grappling?

I am not sure.

Is it if ok if your strategy leaks to the South Korean press?

No problem, I am sure Nam Yui Chul is already predicting this. I also know that Nam Yui Chul will either start going for takedowns or rush in trying to brawl.

http://cormma.com/takasuke-kume-ready-to-dictate-the-pace-against-nam-yui-chul-at-road-fc-011/
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:05 pm
Kume will be Road LW champ soon. After that I hope he fights Aoki for the ONE FC belt since they are partners.
ZuffaKiller

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Realidea
Realidea

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:07 pm
what time is this on? sat has a lot of good fights. Road Fc, Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Nonito Donaire and Tuf finale
KSW
KSW

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:37 pm
Realidea wrote:what time is this on? sat has a lot of good fights. Road Fc, Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Nonito Donaire and Tuf finale
Main Card starts Saturday april 13 at 01:00 AM ET
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum