GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring

+5
ZuffaKiller
KSW
Junkyard Log
PRIDE NEVER DIE
Dagwood
9 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring Empty Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:41 am
Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring 714373

Well-known Russian mixed martial arts fighter, three-time world champion in combat sambo Alexander Emelianenko hinted at his imminent return to the ring.

Brother of the legendary Fedor Emelianenko, interrupted career after a drunken brawl , and then retired to a monastery, turned to the fans with a letter in which he announced that he was returning to the sport.

"Dear fans, the last few months I spent in an Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos in Greece, where many conversations with the elders, priests. My communication with the elder Elijah confessor of our Metropolitan, and his advice and blessings to return to the sport made me think seriously about it. I decided that I wanted to speak again in the ring and his appearances to popularize the sport among children and youths "- wrote Emelianenko.

Alexander's return to the ring on May 25 as part of fighting show "Legend" in Moscow. The name of the opponent, and the format of the match is not yet known. "The next year and a half I will act in two parallel organizations in Russia. First - it PROFC, with whom I have worked, and the new leadership which I am ready to move on, to share their goals and show interesting fights. Second - a young and very ambitious organization "Legend", whose spirit and attitude very close to me "- said the fighter.

"I am glad that I have a lot of opportunities to speak again. We have planned a lot of fights, this schedule will allow me to the active mode, train, prepare for battle, often to perform and promote the sport! Cheers! Exercise! Believe in God ! " - Quoted Alexander Emelianenko his official website .

Recall Emelianenko care of sports accompanied by scandal. Alexander himself has declared that he could not speak on the state of health, but the earlier M1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein said the company terminates the contract with the younger brother of Fedor Emelianenko, and the last Russian Emperor upheld this decision.

According to the Russian press, the reason for the dismissal of Alexander Emelianenko was a drunken brawl. The incident took place in mid-December in Barnaul. In this city Emelianenko Jr. was invited to the tournament in mixed martial arts as an honorary guest. Fighter began to drink alcohol on the plane, and later got into a fight with an employee of the Barnaul airport , breaking his nose. But what happened to the police for no contact did not. At the tournament Emelianenko Jr. also came drunk, and later started a brawl in a restaurant, where at that moment marked the wedding.

http://www.dni.ru/sport/2013/3/21/250088.html

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 am
So im assuming he is clean then of hepc? Im thinking its some personal beef between monson and alex...
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring Empty Re: Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring

Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 am
I hope he comes back when he's ready and does so with a bang!

I'm happy he got some help because trying to kick booze can be pretty hard and when you're known it's probably more difficult as people offering you whatever left and right.
KSW
KSW

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:58 am
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:So im assuming he is clean then of hepc? Im thinking its some personal beef between monson and alex...
I´m not sure Monson ever said that Aleks had Hep C. Is there a legit source to this? The anarchy news comment looked like a bad joke to me.
ZuffaKiller

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:33 pm
Aleksander Emelianenko Comes Out of Retirement, Signs Contract With ProFC

Just three months after deciding to hang up his gloves for good, former Pride veteran Aleksander Emelianenko has done an about-face and announced that he wants to resume his 10-year professional fighting career for Russian organization ProFC.

“I have spent the last few months in an Orthodox monastery on Mount Athos in Greece and had many conversations with the elders and priests there,” the 31-year-old stated in a release on the promotion’s website. “I communicated a lot with Elijah, the confessor of our Metropolitan, and he gave me the advice and the blessings to return to the sport. I have since signed a long-term contract [with ProFC] and soon, tentatively in the summer, you will see my debut inside their cage.”

With his retirement just lasting a quarter of a year, Emelianenko beats out English knockout artist Paul Daley for the quickest return to action after walking away. In 2008, the controversial Brit had a four-month stint during which he considered himself retired. Emelianenko last competed at M-1 Challenge 35 on Nov. 15, falling to Jeff Monson via second-round submission.

Now that the younger of the two Emelianenko brothers will return to action, questions arise about a possible comeback of one of the sport’s most successful and beloved icons in his brother, Fedor Emelianenko. In a recent television interview with Russian channel RT Sports News, the 36-year-old “Last Emperor” continued to remain true to his stance when he claimed that, “Only if God tells me to come back, [I will come out of retirement].”

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Aleksander-Emelianenko-Comes-Out-of-Retirement-Signs-Contract-With-ProFC-51109
TehPackage
TehPackage

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:30 pm
So the Hep C story was bullshit? Was that actually Monson that said that? Thats kinda shitty imo if Monson actually said that. Would of been cool if he was in the HW GP
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:52 pm
TehPackage wrote:So the Hep C story was bullshit? Was that actually Monson that said that? Thats kinda shitty imo if Monson actually said that. Would of been cool if he was in the HW GP
No one ever came through with legit info, I think it was all just a bunch of bullshit.
Heretic
Heretic

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:30 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
TehPackage wrote:So the Hep C story was bullshit? Was that actually Monson that said that? Thats kinda shitty imo if Monson actually said that. Would of been cool if he was in the HW GP
No one ever came through with legit info, I think it was all just a bunch of bullshit.

on middleeasy there is a link where you can see the test results of Alex, they were negative he has no hep C
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:36 pm
Heretic wrote:
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:

on middleeasy there is a link where you can see the test results of Alex, they were negative he has no hep C
yea I think we had those posted here somewhere.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14 am
Wasn't it Kharitonov (I could be wrong) who said this in the first place ? I remember them having beef and saying stuff back and fourth in the media and if it's not true that's a really messed up thing to spread about someone.

Whoever said it ...
Dagwood
Dagwood

Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:34 pm
Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring HbptE2x3W2c

Deadarmour
Deadarmour

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:38 am
It was Paul Buentello who started the Hep rumours as far as I recall.

Also, fuck Aleksander looks even more scary with a beard

Slightly reminiscant of
Aleksander Emelianenko Returns To The Ring Original
KSW
KSW

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:49 am
^Looks like he got some more tatoos, text and a cross
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:39 am
Deadarmour wrote:It was Paul Buentello who started the Hep rumours as far as I recall.

Slightly reminiscant of

This is what I was thinking of

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=news.detail&gid=342049
KSW
KSW

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 pm
Junkyard Log wrote:
Deadarmour wrote:It was Paul Buentello who started the Hep rumours as far as I recall.

Slightly reminiscant of

When he came to fight the whole paratrooper image including the right song was my idea
Aleks is a genius
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:53 pm
[quote="Junkyard Log"]
Deadarmour wrote:

Interesting read, you know M-1 could still make this ALex-segei fight happen if they really wanted too, Sergei works for M-1 after all behind the scenes.
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:59 pm
[quote="PRIDE NEVER DIE"]
Junkyard Log wrote:
Deadarmour wrote:

Interesting read, you know M-1 could still make this ALex-segei fight happen if they really wanted too, Sergei works for M-1 after all behind the scenes.

I would be happy to see this fight again Smile
Junkyard Log
Junkyard Log

Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
Junkyard Log wrote:

Slightly reminiscant of

When he came to fight the whole paratrooper image including the right song was my idea
Aleks is a genius

I laughed when I read : Maybe he over partied at gay parades in Amsterdam and lost his head.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:14 am

Slightly reminiscant of

what movie is that from? I recognize the guy
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:13 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:what movie is that from? I recognize the guy

PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:42 am
so whens his next fight
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:57 pm
he's supposed to be fighting in May at some Russian MMA org, an opponent has not been named yet
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum