GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Getting Fedor's record changed Empty Getting Fedor's record changed

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 am
He should be listed at 34-4 but almost no where has it (Wiki used to until some trolls kept complaining). People can't ignore a win Fedor has in Rings just because they don't like it. Rings awarded him the win against Bobby Hoffman so he should have it, period. He has a B.S. loss against TK but they don't just get rid of it because people don't like it. It's an insult to RINGS to ignore their decision. We should contact every website we can with a record and have them correct it to reflect reality, not anti-Fedor propaganda.

[youtube][/youtube]
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Getting Fedor's record changed Empty Re: Getting Fedor's record changed

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:03 am
I thought of trying to do something like this with Saku vs Royce 2. He cheated, pissed hot and it's still a win on his record....i can't understand it.
rezin
rezin

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 am
It's strange fight finder would ignore RING's decision but it's not a big deal at all.

Fedor didn't fight Hoffman so this would be just a technicality.

If anything needs to be changed it's the "loss" to T.K.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 am
^While I kind of agree, at the same time it's about it's about what's right. If RINGS awarded him the win, he should have it. People can't just omit history because they don't like Fedor. The video clearly shows him winning.

I agree with you as well IQ. Diaz loses his win over Gomi for pot but Royce keeps his with roids? There is no consistency. I even thought about the Henderson/Fedor fight, where Henderson was allowed 2 very hard illegal shots to the back of Fedor's neck but guys like Eric Silva and Jon Jones are DQ for illegal shots.
rezin
rezin

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 am
Really records don't matter, what matters is video footage.

Of course that means that people would actually have to spend time watching fights
and we can't have that, its much more convenient to check someone's record
and see if you recognize some names, if not "Who's he fought"

Mark Coleman still has the "loss" to Takada on his record and that's a known work,
Takada himself admitted that all fights he won were works
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 am
Fedors only real loss lost was to Werdum. He could maybe have continued the Bigfoot fight and I´m sure he would win that last round. Hendo finished the Fedor fight with illegal blows so that´s not a real loss. They should definietly change his record and make the Dan and Kohsaka fights NC.
brace
brace

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:12 pm
Fedor's cagefighting loss(es) shouldn't count on his MMA record.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:29 pm
I agree with all of you.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm
making some progress. I talked to the ELO MMA Rankings leader and he said:

Hi Kinosis, nice to see you posting. 8)

I've actually gone over this a *LOT* over the years. Spoken with tons of people, and even had the fight included on this site on and off.

It's very similar to Royce vs Howard from UFC 3. Although there royce was busted up and here Hoffman honestly looks like his heart is trying to break out of his chest.

Kind of crazy that hoffman had about 30 fights previously and fedor had about 7. 8P

The fight is unlisted on a lot of sites and even listed as a "no contest" on a few others. With how MMA works I've always tried to stick to fights on this site that are sited at least a couple other places.

As usual I try to leave my personal opinion out of it, so here is what I will do. We've got this thread and your vote, and there are numerous videos of the fight. It also is from a very good event that contained numerous all-time great mma fighters.

I'll leave this thread going until the February update. If people want the fight in, then I'll personally add it back. If people can come up with some compelling reasons it shouldn't, then I'll leave it pulled.

My response:

Thank you for considering it. I love the rankings here and are the only ones I ever use and promote.

My argument isn't based on personal opinion, but what happened. It's your site, you can do as you wish, but RINGS awarded Fedor the win, I would think that is as cut and dry as possible.

This has nothing to do with opinions but the fact that RINGS awarded him the win. If people can just get rid of a win or loss because they do not agree with how it happened then why look at any fight results, people might as well just make up whatever they want.

I find it hugely insulting to RINGS (by any site) to just ignore their rules and decisions just because some people do not like it. I didn't like when Jon Jones got DQ in his only loss, but if i had rankings I would have to include it because that is what happened.

Thanks again for your time and consideration. I just ask that you take what happened as being the final authority, not pressure from people's opinions. I am contacting other websites as well to correct this issue.

IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:13 am
Getting Fedor's record changed 2618827159
Great reply.

We need our own rankings, no P4P though as it's bullshit
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:19 am
IQ Wrestler wrote: Getting Fedor's record changed 2618827159
Great reply.

We need our own rankings, no P4P though as it's bullshit

Having our own rankings would be fun. I'm sure it would cause some debate but that just makes things interesting as long as it stays civil.

I couldn't agree more about P4P. I have always thought it was stupid. It's 100% hypothetical. All that really matters is who really would win. Someone might try to argue GSP would beat Josh Barnett because they think P4P he is better, but if they were the same size GSP might not have as good of cardio and he would no longer have a weight advantage because of cutting etc (if he was magically Barnett size). Same as if Barnett was magically a 170lbs fighter he would be completely different at a different size because his gifts would be different. But what can be proven and is reality is that GSP could fight Barnett (and I would fully expect Barnett to destroy him easily).
Dorch
Dorch

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:37 am
Nice reply Kinosis and i agree on the saku and fedor fights changes you guys want made
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 pm
What do you guys think about a "co-promotion" of sorts between us and ELO MMA Rankings? I have no idea how it would work, if you guys are interested or if they are but we could have some kind of link to their unbiased rankings and maybe even help out with keeping it up to date. Just let me know what you think or maybe we could come up with something as well.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:34 pm
Your fixation on the cage is puzzling. I've fought in a cage and with ropes. Not really that big a difference, and to be honest I feel like if you need one over the other your not very good. I've fought in the rain, in mud, sand, sun in my eyes all the shit that come with LPRR fanboyism. From the bottom of my heart, if it makes a difference, your already in trouble.

I agree, Fedor should have a clean official record. This type of stuff happens a lot on the low end of the game, but i'm honestly shocked to learn a guy as big as Fedor could have record issue. I agree with Rezin too. Video is stronger.

p4p nonsense? You sir, though you may not know it, have insulted every great giant killer history has to offer. It's a big deal to be a HW Champion, and a bigger deal to be a middleweight and be Heavyweight champion. Never ever think of Sam Langford as anything other than 155lb of fuck you up. Tom Sayer would kill JDS at 155. Bob Fitzsimmons, The Gypsy Jem Mace, NP Dempsey.....not just boxers. Fucking Musashi Miayamoto? Richard the III KO'd a giant and won a fucking island 135lbs? c'mon homie....p4p is the highest distinction IMO.
rezin
rezin

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:26 pm
marchegiano wrote:
p4p nonsense? You sir, though you may not know it, have insulted every great giant killer history has to offer. It's a big deal to be a HW Champion, and a bigger deal to be a middleweight and be Heavyweight champion. Never ever think of Sam Langford as anything other than 155lb of fuck you up. Tom Sayer would kill JDS at 155. Bob Fitzsimmons, The Gypsy Jem Mace, NP Dempsey.....not just boxers. Fucking Musashi Miayamoto? Richard the III KO'd a giant and won a fucking island 135lbs? c'mon homie....p4p is the highest distinction IMO.

You are not really disagreeing with him because the people you mention fought in reality bigger fighters.

GSP doesn't fight above his weight and yet people argue about his p4p standing as if it means anything.

Cutting weight gets harder as fighters age and yet Sakuraba at the age of 40+ easily cut to 170.

We know where Sakuraba stands in reality, because he actually fought well above his weight,
and deserves all the praise in the world even when he loses, as he took a chance (multiple times)
so we could see where he stands in reality as opposed to some fictional world, where we are all the same weight, same height, have the same reach, same fast muscle to slow muscle ratio and so on.

GSP wont even fight at middle and yet he's credited as the 2 p4p fighter in the world.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 pm
^Perfect answer.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:10 pm
No, I understand it's theory today, and I personally don't agree with the conventional wisdom guiding the theory or the fighters suggested by, but I do not dishonor the distinction. It's exactly like when Harrison called Les Darcy a Nonpariel. If your suggesting to me GSP is p4p the best, than your suggesting to me that GSP belong in same list as Nonpariel, Henry Armstrong, and Ray Robinson. To suggest a lack of p4p is to suggest there is no Nonpariel. Which is acceptable I suppose, but mostly sad. To me P4P ratings are as relevant as inside puncher rating, outside puncher rating, and standard weight rates. You can't build a list of great inside punchers and not have Marciano in the same as Tyson. Tyson is a mimic even. You can't make a list of defensive genius and not put Archie Moore, and PBF is said list. There really is no way to compare how Archie's defense would look today, or Rocco's punches. Does not change the idea that they are great at what they did when they did it. Great p4p even in theory comes with the most impressive lineage of all rating...my opinion. ATG and GOAT are theory too, and that list comes with a pretty hefty lineage. Personally, Champion sounds nice, but the new, next, nonpariel. sounds even nicer. which is more important WBA title, or being told your the man by the last greatest?
KSW
KSW

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:39 am
Kinosis wrote:What do you guys think about a "co-promotion" of sorts between us and ELO MMA Rankings? I have no idea how it would work, if you guys are interested or if they are but we could have some kind of link to their unbiased rankings and maybe even help out with keeping it up to date. Just let me know what you think or maybe we could come up with something as well.
Sounds good, I like co-promotion.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:08 pm
Apparently the wiki page is ran by morons. I got a response that the youtube video of Fedor being declared the winner of the Bobby Hoffman fight is not a reliable source. If a video from RINGS showing him being declared the winner isn't reliable then what is?! Apparently video recorded history doesn't count but a record on sherdog does. It's like trying to explain astrophysics to a retarded person on there.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum