GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Wolfman
Wolfman

Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout Empty Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:09 pm
Now that's a long name for a thread isn't it?

Anyway, here it is, Kendall Grove's open workout and interviews about the fight, followed by two interviews and a pro wrestling epic show with Minowaman throwing his training partner in the pool just like when he fought Godzilla. Oh wait, they haven't fought, but i'm sure it would go down the same way.

Now put on your red speedos and prepare to fist pump.

Weight-in

Bonus interview i just found.

KSW
KSW

Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout Empty Re: Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:23 pm
This will be an epic event! Minowa is faster, stronger and harder than ever.
ZuffaKiller

Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout Empty Re: Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm
'Minowaman' happy to be fighting on U.S. soil, hopes to one day fight for UFC in Japan

With so much uncertainty in his native country's MMA scene, Ikuhisa Minowa began branching off from his usual stomping grounds.

The U.S. was always an attractive option, but he was always under contract with the biggest Japanese promotions, who relentlessly employed him for his showmanship and willingness to fight anyone – really, anyone.

When those promotions fell into disrepair, Minowa had talks with the UFC to appear in the promotion's return to Japan at UFC 144. His profile popped up on their website. But the contract never got done.

"So here we are," Minowa told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) through a translator.

"Here" is ProElite, where Minowa signed a three-fight, one-year deal this past November. The revamped promotion holds its third event, ProElite 3, tonight at Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. HDNet broadcasts the show.

ProElite is already rolling out the welcome pants, so to speak. The promotion recently announced that fans who show up to the fight wearing the red speedos for which Minowa is known will get lifetime free tickets to their events.

"I had wanted to fight on U.S. soil for a long time," Minowa said. "I've fought in other countries besides Japan, like Thailand, Korea, U.K., and Brazil. But as far as MMA goes, MMA's popularity here is huge. It's amazing, so I wanted to test my skills here as a fighter."

Minowa (51-32) faces Kendall Grove (13-9), who's trying to reinvent his career after a long, seesawing stint with the UFC. The middleweight limit puts them on equal footing in weight, but Grove's 6-foot-6 frame puts the 5-foot-9 Minowa at a huge disadvantage in height.

If he wasn't so used to that, Minowa might have an issue. Renowned (and sometimes ridiculed) for taking on sideshow opponents such as Bob Sapp and Hong Man Choi, he's no stranger to being the smaller guy.

Minowa wasn't familiar with Grove, who won "The Ultimate Fighter 3," when he signed with ProElite but was intrigued by the challenge after watching footage.

"Everyone is different, so I can adjust myself for the fight," he said.

For his part, Grove has only promised to make Minowa pay for his mistakes inside the cage. Known for all manner of unpredictability, the Japanese fighter isn't committing to any type of attack, either, though it seems he's interested in the possibility of using Grove's limbs against him.

"He has a really unique physicality with long limbs for a middleweight, so it's going to make an interesting challenge for me," Minowa said.

The prospect of fighting in the UFC still interests Minowa, particularly if the promotion returns to Japan. He anticipates UFC 144 will be successful.

"That's a great move for the UFC, so hopefully I have a chance sometime in the future," Minowa said. "But I'm focusing on ProElite, so I can't really look to far ahead. I would love to fight in the U.S. again. Hopefully after this fight on Saturday, more opportunities will come to me in the U.S."

And the sight of a few red speedos will undoubtedly spur him on. If he wins, count on his signature celebration: fist-pumping to the crowd's chants.

"I'm not even sure if the American fans know about it," Minowa said. "I do it whenever I feel like it. I might. I might not. If there's a vibe for that when I win, I'm probably going to raise my fist. So, I'm probably going to do it."
KSW
KSW

Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:56 pm
The promotion recently announced that fans who show up to the fight wearing the red speedos for which Minowa is known will get lifetime free tickets to their events.

Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout 2392107610
Michał
Michał

Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm
I NEED STREAM!
Michał
Michał

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 am
Sad
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:41 am
Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout 3980649464
KSW
KSW

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:10 am
Fucking sucks, Minowa looked lost in zee cage.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:55 am
Minowa ventured to far from from his super human power source, irradiated Fukushima prefecture.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:Fucking sucks, Minowa looked lost in zee cage.

Pro Elite 2 weight-in, Open Workouts and Interviews + Minowaman EPIC mini pro-wrestling bout 2258216839 True. I'm fucking disappointed with this one. He was very strange in this fight.

Well...hope next time will be better. At least Grove could not finish him.
Adax

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:27 pm
I STILL LOVE YOU MINOWAMAN (NO HOMO)!!!
rezin
rezin

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:37 pm
Not much to say as we're all fans down on our luck when it comes to mma,
except I'll be a Minowa fan regardless of how many times he loses and to whom.

Such is Minowa's essence that these things just don't matter.
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:15 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:I STILL LOVE YOU MINOWAMAN (NO HOMO)!!!

Bingo-Jingo
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm
rezin wrote:Not much to say as we're all fans down on our luck when it comes to mma,
except I'll be a Minowa fan regardless of how many times he loses and to whom.

Such is Minowa's essence that these things just don't matter.

Fedor is our messiah. They persecuted him and then they crucified him. He has risen again to take all those motherf******'s down. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum