GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent) Empty New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 pm
http://www.tatame.com.br/2012/01/22/Rodrigo-Minotauro

Unfortunately it is in Portuguese, so would somebody please translate it?
Wolfman
Wolfman

New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent) Empty Re: New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:58 am
Here it is. The translation is 100%. I tried to keep it as faithful as possible to what he said. Too bad my english sucks so take it easy if you see something wrong.Laughing At least it is better than the english versions Tatame does, that really suck.

- Excellent, very fast. Angela Cortes works very well and i'm a dedicated guy. We're on our way, and i'm thinking about fighting at the middle of the year, but i have to be patient. My bone will be solidified in six weeks. I started swimming and doing harder exercises with my arm, and later i'll start doing conditioning training so then i can start doing combat training again. The recovery is going better than i expected.

How does it feel to be away from the trainings for you, that loves training and fighting?

- I love doing it, but i have to respect my body.

When do you expect to come back to train hard?

- My doctor told me that, after six weeks, i already will be able to do conditioning training, but impact with the arm i'll have to wait for 2 months and a half, at least.

How about a fight in june, when it might happen another UFC in Brazil?

- I want to be at UFC in Brazil very much. Who knows, we're trying (laughs)

You have a rivalry with Frank Mir. How much does it hurts this loss, specially being against him?

- A lot, a lot... I was really sad with what happened, but it wasn't meant to be. I had it in my hands, i've seen the knockout happen, but i stopped and used a completly flawed strategy. I stopped punching when i shouldn't and i paid the price with a defeat.

Cigano (JDS) will put his belt at the line at the half of the year, against Alistair Overeem. What do you think of that fight?

- Cigano wins via Knockout, absolutely. Cigano's faster, moves better, won't take that knee, is more complete and has better conditioning, that will make the difference. Overeem's never won over anybody at Cigano's size.

How do you see Overeem's evolution from the Pride days, where he faced names like Shogun, Arona and you brother, Minotouro?

- He grew alot, became much stronger, explosive, but he haven't grown enough to beat Cigano.

Last edited by Wolfman on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent) Empty Re: New big Nog interview from Tatame (recovery going excellent)

Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 am
Awesome Wolfman, you're the best. Huge props for taking the time, and you're right Tatame sometimes messes up.

I concur with big nogs predictions on the Cigano fight actually. His chances are very high against Overreem especially if he sticks to his straight , fast and hard , right down the middle through Overeens defenses , and connects right on the button , followed by some lunging left and right hooks while alistair is wobbly (basically the same weaknesses exposed during his K-1 fights).

Of course it's easier said than done . For me this is the humble student vs the spoiled celebrity almost. I want to see JDS honor his master once again.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:50 am
Wolfman is a stud
Wolfman
Wolfman

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Awesome Wolfman, you're the best. Huge props for taking the time, and you're right Tatame sometimes messes up.

I concur with big nogs predictions on the Cigano fight actually. His chances are very high against Overreem especially if he sticks to his straight , fast and hard , right down the middle through Overeens defenses , and connects right on the button , followed by some lunging left and right hooks while alistair is wobbly (basically the same weaknesses exposed during his K-1 fights).

Of course it's easier said than done . For me this is the humble student vs the spoiled celebrity almost. I want to see JDS honor his master once again.

Tatame's shit when it comes to translations. Sometimes they even change what the fighters said. I did this one in 5 minutes, so no problem.

About the fight. I'm 100% with you there. I was never impressed with Overeem and to me his only weapons are his knees and his strenght. If JDS follows the gameplay he will win this one. I hope he does too. JDS is a much better human being and really deserves that belt.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum