GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Schaefer: Mosley back in title race Empty Schaefer: Mosley back in title race

Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 pm
Schaefer: Mosley back in title race Gyi0060315142.0_standard_709.0

Richard Schaefer wants to see "Sugar" Shane Mosley back in the title mix at 147 pounds, following Mosley snapping a four-year winless streak with a close but clean win over Pablo Cesar Cano this past weekend in Cancun, Mexico.

"I think this means that Shane Mosley is back, and I think Shane Mosley deserves another world title shot. As I told you before, there's nothing given to him. I'm going to have to sit down with him and his team and see who is going to be available and what we can do. But there's certainly some good names out there, and I would say about 80% of the fighters that matter in the '40, '47, '54 (divisions), maybe 90% are promoted by Golden Boy, anyway.

"It's going to be easy to get Shane a big fight. That's a big statement for Shane."

In the background of the video, you can hear someone say, "Hey, Mosley won," and a woman responds with genuine surprise in her voice, "Seriously?! Mosley won?!"

Maybe it's just me, but that's not the best sign for a guy who's supposedly "back" and in the world title mix. I don't know. Rationalize all you want -- "hey, he could beat Paulie because he beat Cano!" -- but no, Shane Mosley is not "back." He is absolutely, without question, not "back." There is no getting "back." The Shane Mosley of 2007 would throttle the Shane Mosley of 2013 -- actually, I think it would look a lot like '09 Mosley against '09 Margarito -- and '07 (let alone '09) was not exactly Mosley's prime.

So, no, he's not "back." He is not "back." But he's become an official Respected Veteran, escaping the brink of being Oh, God, He's Totally Shot.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/5/20/4350118/schaefer-shane-mosley-back-in-title-race-after-win-over-cano
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum