GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman

+10
Dapperdoo
nodogoshi
War Cigano
Kingfedor
Adax
Davidson 45
wekka
KSW
MR.WILLIE
CDF47
14 posters
Go down

Who Should be Ranked as Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman

58 - 62%
36 - 38%

Total Votes: 94

Poll closed
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman Empty Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:38 pm
Who should be ranked as the number 1 welterweight in the GLOBAL-MMA rankings, Ben Askren or Josh Burkman?
MR.WILLIE

Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman Empty Re: Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:42 pm
burkman #1

he just put a beating on 3 different good opponents, harris-simpson and fitch...

askren is good but doesnt finish fights and always, ALWAYS, wrestle fuck opponents
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman Empty Re: Who is the Number 1 Welterweight Outside the UFC, Askren or Burkman

Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:46 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:burkman #1

he just put a beating on 3 different good opponents, harris-simpson and fitch...

askren is good but doesnt finish fights and always, ALWAYS, wrestle fuck opponents

LOL.  He does do that quite a bit.  He looked to improve on that in his last fight with the GNP but we will see in his fight with Koreshkov coming up how much improvement there is.

This is a tough choice.  I could see good arguments both ways.  It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:05 pm
Askren is #1, Magomedov #2 and Burkman #3
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:10 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:Askren is #1, Magomedov #2 and Burkman #3

i respect your opinion but i dont agree with it
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:13 pm
cd...you oppened the poll to another site....people are going to vote for askren for sure
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:19 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:cd...you oppened the poll to another site....people are going to vote for askren for sure

I wanted to get a larger voting pool in. It's 6-3 though now but still early.
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:23 pm
What have Harris and Simpson accomplished at welterweight?

Lima, Hieron, Amoussou, Good, and Hornbuckle are much better wins in my opinion. Outside of the Hieron fight, Askren has absolutely DOMINATED his opponents as in shutting them down completely.

Not to mention, Askren has accomplished this in ELEVEN fights. The guy isn't even at his peak as a fighter and is ever improving.

Askren is without a doubt, the top welterweight outside of the UFC. Arguably top five in the world already. Burkman is a lock at number two right now, though.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:27 pm
wekka

harris 21-5 mma record with a 3-1 record with zuffa...simpson is a good veteran

lima-hieron-amoussou combined have not accomplish what fitch did in zuffa...

also askren is the least liked champ in history, boring as hell, put him in a ring and see what he can do, he does not finish fights, he just outwrestle them...

my point is that josh is on fire beating and finishing good opponents, but is just that my opinion
wekka
wekka

Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:48 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:wekka

harris 21-5 mma record with a 3-1 record with zuffa...simpson is a good veteran

lima-hieron-amoussou combined have not accomplish what fitch did in zuffa...

also askren is the least liked champ in history, boring as hell, put him in a ring and see what he can do, he does not finish fights, he just outwrestle them...

my point is that josh is on fire beating and finishing good opponents, but is just that my opinion

At the time of the Burkman fight, Harris only had ONE welterweight fight, although Bronzoulis is a decent win. Simpson was 1-1 at welterweight, best win being against Kenny Robertson, not to even mention that it's apparent that Simpson is on the downslope. Fitch, without a doubt, is probably the best win for either fighter.

I don't really think it's fair to just have the Fitch win overshadow those five wins of Askren. Fitch is 1-3-1 in his last five fights, although two of those losses are against top five welterweights.

Here's why Askren's resume is better overall: 23-7, 24-5, 4-1, 24-5, 15-3. Those are the welterweight records of Askren's top wins. While you could argue that Fitch is better, but the fact is those wins completely eclipse Simpson and Harris.

In rankings, it doesn't matter if you finish fights. Sure it helps, but what matters the most is STRENGTH OF WIN, which Askren has overall. You're being a little tough on Askren too. He only started fighting FOUR years ago. Considering his relative inexperience, I think he's doing a fine job and he's getting better with every fight. Askren's wrestling is a work of art and I see nothing boring about him. Everyone acts like he's a blanket, when in reality, he's very active in regards to guard passes.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:34 pm
lol...ok my friend...wekka has askren i have burkman but either way this are the top 2 guys!!!!

cd and wekka guys keep doing the great job with the rankings
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:38 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:lol...ok my friend...wekka has askren i have burkman but either way this are the top 2 guys!!!!

cd and wekka guys keep doing the great job with the rankings

Thanks man.  Yeah, they are the top two for sure in my opinion as well.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 pm
Rashid Magomedov should be #2. He´s 15-1 with wins over Zavurov, Yakovlev, Enomoto and Igor Araujo.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:52 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:Rashid Magomedov should be #2. He´s 15-1 with wins over Zavurov, Yakovlev, Enomoto and Igor Araujo.

Those are some impressive wins (some against our ranked fighters).  The top of this WW division has some really strong fighters, especially now with a reinvented Burkman entering the mix.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:53 pm
CDF47 wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Rashid Magomedov should be #2. He´s 15-1 with wins over Zavurov, Yakovlev, Enomoto and Igor Araujo.

Those are some impressive wins I agree.  The top of this WW division has some really strong fighters, especially now with a reinvented Burkman entering the mix.
Magomedov also beat top fighter Magomedrasul "Frodo" Khasbulaev when he was bigger
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:56 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

Those are some impressive wins I agree.  The top of this WW division has some really strong fighters, especially now with a reinvented Burkman entering the mix.
Magomedov also beat top fighter Magomedrasul "Frodo" Khasbulaev

Damn.  Yeah, he is legit which is why he sits at number 2 now. Burkman win over Fitch was huge (in addition to his recent win streak), Askren is looking unbeatable as Bellator champ, and Rashid took out those top 10.  This WW top 3 ranking ain't easy.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:29 pm
Magomedov has a better record than Burkman.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:35 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:Magomedov has a better record than Burkman.

He does and he does have those wins over two top 10 WWs and top ranked FW but Burkman's also been on a streak lately and that Fitch win I think should put him just above.  There is some serious talent at the top of this division (and all the way down through contenders).  The top 5 WWs here could compete with anyone.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:39 pm
CDF47 wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:Magomedov has a better record than Burkman.

He does and he does have those wins over two top 10 WWs and top ranked FW but Burkman's also been on a streak lately and that Fitch win I think should put him just above.  There is some serious talent at the top of this division (and all the way down through contenders).  The top 5 WWs here could compete with anyone.
Tbh I don´t think the UFC fighters are anything special including Fitch. Zuffa chooses what fights to make and who to cut so they can dictate who´s a "top fighter" and who´s not. If the UFC fighters fought in Bellator and M-1 tourneys they would all lose sooner or later. The UFC hype machine is great but fans are brainwashed.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:51 pm
I wish UFC has non exclusive contracts so everyone could see the fighters from the G-MMA Rankings beat up the top ranked "UFC fighters"
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:58 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:I wish UFC has non exclusive contracts so everyone could see the fighters from the G-MMA Rankings beat up the top ranked "UFC fighters"

I think a lot of people would be surprised if those fights happened.  We have seen countless times the success these fighters have in the UFC or when UFC fighters go to other organizations.  Plus, everyone in the UFC comes from somewhere.  Some do good and win titles or become top ranked, some do average, and others don't do well.  It would be crazy to see. 

Below are just a few examples of the success fighters outside UFC have had:

- Torres leaves UFC and gets beat up by an unknown fighter.
- Benson Henderson goes to UFC and takes out the champ.
- Robbie Lawler goes to UFC and smashes Koscheck.
- Glover Texeira goes to UFC (as a top 6 ranked fighter outside UFC) and starts tearing through UFC LHW division.
- Nick Diaz goes to UFC and takes out Penn and gives a decent fight to champion GSP.
- Nog goes to UFC and takes UFC title.
- Pettis goes to UFC and is top contender for FW and LW title.
- Cormier goes to UFC takes out Mir and is top contender for title (same may be true soon for Barnett).
- Sylvia leaves UFC just after losing HW title and gets smashed in seconds.
- REEM goes to UFC and smashes baddest man on the planet Lesnar in 1st round.
- Dan Henderson goes to UFC from SF takes out Shogun and gets title shot (drops out due to injury though).
- Shogun goes to UFC and wins LHW title.
- Rampage goes to UFC and wins LHW title.
- Werdum goes to UFC and takes out top contenders and is on verge of title shot.
- Mark Hunt goes to UFC and fights in a top contender bout for a title shot and loses in the last round.
- Josh Thomson goes to UFC and gets head kick KO on Nate Diaz.
- Gilbert Melendez goes to UFC and gets instant title shot in a fight that was almost too close to call.
- Erick Silva goes to UFC as Jungle Fight champ and is dominating.
- Woodley goes to UFC and starts smashing people.
- Jacare takes on UFC fighters and makes them look like amateurs.
- Fitch goes to WSOF and gets put to sleep by Burkman in 41 seconds accomplishing something Penn, Erick Silva, and Maia could not do.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:06 pm
CDF47 wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:I wish UFC has non exclusive contracts so everyone could see the fighters from the G-MMA Rankings beat up the top ranked "UFC fighters"

I think a lot of people would be surprised if those fights happened.  We have seen countless times the success these fighters have and everyone in the UFC comes from somewhere.  Some do good and win titles or become top ranked, some do average, and others don't do well.  It would be crazy to see.  Below are just a few examples of the success fighters outside UFC have had:

- Glover Texeira goes to UFC (as a top 6 ranked fighter outside UFC) and starts tearing through UFC LHW division.
- Nick Diaz goes to UFC and takes out Penn and gives a decent fight to champion GSP.
- Cormier goes to UFC takes out Mir and is top contender for title (same may be true soon for Barnett).
- Dan Henderson goes to UFC from SF takes out Shogun and gets title shot (drops out due to injury though).
- Werdum goes to UFC and takes out top contenders and is on verge of title shot.
- Mark Hunt goes to UFC and fights in a top contender bout for a title shot and loses in the last round.
- Gilbert Melendez goes to UFC and gets instant title shot in a fight that was almost too close to call.
- Fitch goes to WSOF and gets put to sleep by Burkman in 41 seconds accomplishing something Penn, Erick Silva, and Maia could not do.
Good post bro and there are many other examples. What I´ve been trying to tell people for years is UFC is just a private owned promotion nothing more, nothing less. They have a strangle hold on the american fans and media which has an impact on the rest of the World. There are great fighters all over the World, not just in the promotion called Ultimate FC and fans need to follow the sport, not a brand. UFC is not a National League like the NFL, NHL or NBA, it´s a promotion. Styles make fights, especially in mma, and any fighter can lose if they meet someone with the right/wrong style.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:28 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:
CDF47 wrote:

I think a lot of people would be surprised if those fights happened.  We have seen countless times the success these fighters have and everyone in the UFC comes from somewhere.  Some do good and win titles or become top ranked, some do average, and others don't do well.  It would be crazy to see.  Below are just a few examples of the success fighters outside UFC have had:

Good post bro and there are many other examples. What I´ve been trying to tell people for years is UFC is just a private owned promotion nothing more, nothing less. They have a strangle hold on the american fans and media which has an impact on the rest of the World. There are great fighters all over the World, not just in the promotion called Ultimate FC and fans need to follow the sport, not a brand. UFC is not a National League like the NFL, NHL or NBA, it´s a promotion. Styles make fights, especially in mma, and any fighter can lose if they meet someone with the right/wrong style.

Can't argue with that.  They have some of the best in the world but it would be great to see some competition with champions from organizations all over the world.  Hopefully one day in the future.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:37 pm
If Zuffa and all other promotions were forced to use non-exclusive contracts everything would be great. The fans wouldn´t say UFC fighters are the best and Bellator, M-1, KSW, ONE fighters are cans. Then fans would start following the actual fighters and the sport instead of a brand.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:49 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:If Zuffa and all other promotions were forced to use non-exclusive contracts everything would be great. The fans wouldn´t say UFC fighters are the best and Bellator, M-1, KSW, ONE fighters are cans. Then fans would start following the actual fighters and the sport instead of a brand.

Either that or mandatory bi-annual cross-promotional super bowl type events pitting top champions against each other for world titles overseen by a recognized sanctioning body.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum