GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC? Empty Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:08 pm
Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC? UrijahFaber45

My question for everyone here at GMMA is do you think Urijah Faber will ever have a ufc strap?

This is a guy who has been in the top rankings for years he worked his way up and has shown solid skill despite coming short in every zuffa title shot.He was beat by mike brown ,he was beat by jose aldo,he was beat by dominick cruz,and he was beat again by renan barao.

There is no question in my mind he will remain at the top of the heap(top 10 or 15) in the lighter divisions like 135 and 145 but do i ever see him holding a belt in eithr one of those divisions......answer is a resounding NOOOOOO!!!!

Faber has shown quick and more powerful boxing in his drop to a lighter weight he is the bigger stronger guy but still hasn't got what it takes to finish a top guy ir even make it a close decision he is outshined time and time again.The saddest thing about last night is the FACT he KNEW BARAO'S gameplan!!

He said in the pre fight interview he knew they were gonna work the leg kicks and be elusive h e knew barao wan't gonna come forward he was gonna make urijah make the first move he knew it was the exact gameplan used by jose aldo.Barao spoke about using an aldo like gameplan over and over yet faber was unable to come up with a proper gameplan to even really win a round what a joke.

If you can go into a fight knowing a guy is going to kick the shit out of your legs and not work on timing the overhand or hook top counter it your a moron!Atleast time the kick and try the takedown urijah has good boxing but he isn't half as grand as he feels he looks in the mirror.

Faber will remain a legend in the lighter weight classes and for being succesful enought to get title shots in each one but sadly i feel he will go down as one of the most popular and talented fighter never to achieve gold much like kenny florian.

WHAT DO U YOU GUYS THINK?
wekka
wekka

Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC? Empty Re: Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm
The sport has passed him, IMO.

He'll be able to stay competitive and will be a top five talent for the near future, but the truly elite fighters are far more quicker, athletic, and well-rounded.
Adax

Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC? Empty Re: Will Urijah Faber ever be champ in the UFC?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:59 pm
I'm in agreement with you guys, no belt for Faber in the UFC most likely. That shouldn't overshadow his accomplishments elsewhere though.

If the UFC matchmakers give Faber the right fights he can be really entertaining and stack up wins, but he's just lost speed and power from the weight change and overall wear from the fights. Any championship bouts or really important fights the competition is just too strong and they turn him into a punching bag. I like to see Faber win, much rather than watch him go through serious battles. So unless it is undeniable he deserves another chance at the championship it isn't happening unless title shot fever happens again.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:05 pm
Don't think he will be champ as long as Cruz holds the belt.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:13 am
He's like rampage gameplan to throw leg kicks and you win its like learn to properly check a kick already man.
pithikos

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 am
CDF47 wrote:Don't think he will be champ as long as Cruz holds the belt.
Barao you mean. Cruz hasnt fought in ages.
pithikos

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:40 am
Faber had that title and defended 5 times. I dont see him beating Barao, but he can definitely catch Cruz last fight was close and Faber is the one who landed the big shots.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:17 am
pithikos wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Don't think he will be champ as long as Cruz holds the belt.
Barao you mean. Cruz hasnt fought in ages.
Cruz, I meant.  Seems to have his number.  Barao as well though.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:31 am
No chance. A good fighter, but at this time he is a gatekeeper.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum