GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April

+7
Dagwood
InTheJungle
brace
IQ Wrestler
CDF47
Kid Gavilan
ZuffaKiller
11 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April Empty Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:46 pm
After losing his Bellator title in a fight of the year candidate against Michael Chandler, Eddie Alvarez decided to skip this season's lightweight tournament so he could negotiate for a chance to redeem another loss - one against the popular Japanese champion, Shinya Aoki.

Alvarez will finally be getting his wish on April 21st, but this time, he'll be taking on the DREAM champion inside the Bellator cage.

bout agreements have been sent and Aoki has already put pen to paper, with Bellator expected to make the official announcement soon.

Their first encounter ended with a heel hook finish from Aoki in a little over a minute, although a lot has changed for both fighters since then. Shinya Aoki has moved his training camps to Singapore, and has shown significant improvements on his game after training with the world champions at Evolve MMA. Eddie Alvarez on the other hand, went on an impressive 7-fight win streak since signing with Bellator, winning their lightweight crown in the process.

He lost the title after Chandler pulled off a huge upset last November, but Alvarez believes he will get back on the horse and avenge a loss at the same time when he faces Aoki this April.
Kid Gavilan

Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April Empty Re: Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm
Aoki vs Alvarez in HD Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April 469908358
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April Empty Re: Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April

Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:14 pm
Awesome rematch. Aoki by sub. If Aoki wins I hope Bellator sends Chandler to DREAM to fight Aoki. That would be sweet as hell. If Chandler lost as well, it's not really a big deal for Bellator. They could strip him of his title and enter him in the next LW tournament to determine the new champ.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:24 pm
Uberoki should win again with little trouble but Bellator has more robberies than any org, so who knows
ZuffaKiller

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm
CDF47 wrote:Awesome rematch. Aoki by sub. If Aoki wins I hope Bellator sends Chandler to DREAM to fight Aoki. That would be sweet as hell. If Chandler lost as well, it's not really a big deal for Bellator. They could strip him of his title and enter him in the next LW tournament to determine the new champ.

If chandler lossed then he would have to wait for another lightweight tournament becuase the brackets are already set for the upcoming lw tournament.
brace
brace

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 pm
Anyone else think this is kinda bad deal for Aoki? If he wins, so what? If he loses he just lost to a guy who lost to a guy outside top ten at the time. Plus he has to fight in a cage, not real MMA turf and where he got embarassed.

Aoki is a champ and should be treated as such. He is on 7 fight win streak and at least top 5 LW if not top 3. I think Bellator should've gave him Chandler as champ vs. champ Superfight, but they're just a bunch of Russian stealing cage fuckers.. I hope they at least throw a truckfull of money at Aoki.
InTheJungle

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am
Aoki wins via Eddie Alvarez being a fraud.

Kid Gavilan wrote:Aoki vs Alvarez in HD Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April 469908358

Suspect
have you ever watched a Bellator show?
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:03 am
brace wrote:Anyone else think this is kinda bad deal for Aoki? If he wins, so what? If he loses he just lost to a guy who lost to a guy outside top ten at the time. Plus he has to fight in a cage, not real MMA turf and where he got embarassed.

Aoki is a champ and should be treated as such. He is on 7 fight win streak and at least top 5 LW if not top 3. I think Bellator should've gave him Chandler as champ vs. champ Superfight, but they're just a bunch of Russian stealing cage fuckers.. I hope they at least throw a truckfull of money at Aoki.
Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April 3077217049
Wolfman
Wolfman

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am
Don't really dislike Alvarez but i want Aoki to win this one. I just hope he doesn't have the "japanese in america inside a cage" curse.
Kid Gavilan

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am
InTheJungle wrote:Aoki wins via Eddie Alvarez being a fraud.

Kid Gavilan wrote:Aoki vs Alvarez in HD Shinya Aoki And Eddie Alvarez To Rematch In Bellator This April 469908358

Suspect
have you ever watched a Bellator show?

Barring some Boxing, I watch all the Bellator shows on Epix.
Adax

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:46 pm

FIGHTER goes 7-1 in the last 3 years, loses to a fellow organizational tournament champion, and he's a fraud?

just stop allowing the vomit that is your mind, along with it's attempts at opinions/poorly done devil's advocacy, from transmitting through your dumb fingers and being typed on this forum.
KSW
KSW

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 pm
CDF47 wrote:Awesome rematch. Aoki by sub. If Aoki wins I hope Bellator sends Chandler to DREAM to fight Aoki. That would be sweet as hell. If Chandler lost as well, it's not really a big deal for Bellator. They could strip him of his title and enter him in the next LW tournament to determine the new champ.
I also got Aoki via submission. Aoki vs Chandler in DREAM is the right matchup after this one.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 pm
ZuffaKiller wrote:

If chandler lossed then he would have to wait for another lightweight tournament becuase the brackets are already set for the upcoming lw tournament.

Yeah, by the time this all happened it would be the next tournament. The one coming up starts in March and the Aoki fight is in April.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:05 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:

FIGHTER goes 7-1 in the last 3 years, loses to a fellow organizational tournament champion, and he's a fraud?

just stop allowing the vomit that is your mind, along with it's attempts at opinions/poorly done devil's advocacy, from transmitting through your dumb fingers and being typed on this forum.

Yeah, there is no doubt Alvarez is legit and still top 10 in my opinion. Chandler should have jumped close to top 5 with the win over Alvarez since Alvarez was top 5. Too bad the biased websites don't work this way.

When Serra beats GSP he jumps the rankings to number 1 (as he should), Edgar beats Penn and jumps everyone including Aoki to number 1 but when Werdum beats Fedor (who was on a 10 year winning streak) he only jumps to number 2 or 3 behind the world's baddest man Brock Lesnar. What a joke the rankings are. I agree that if you beat the number 1 you become number 1 but they need to be consistent. Alvarez and Chandler both belong up there with Aoki.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:08 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
I also got Aoki via submission. Aoki vs Chandler in DREAM is the right matchup after this one.

Yeah, there first fight was sweet. I loved how Aoki got that heal hook, it was an awesome sub. I think he will finish Alvarez again by sub. If he gets the sub. attempts he had against Kitaoka, Alvarez will be tapping again.

Chandler vs. Aoki would be awesome. Not sure how that one would turn out. I could see Chandler knocking Aoki out. That would be tough to call.
KSW
KSW

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:48 am
CDF47 wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:

Yeah, there is no doubt Alvarez is legit and still top 10 in my opinion. Chandler should have jumped close to top 5 with the win over Alvarez since Alvarez was top 5. Too bad the biased websites don't work this way.

When Serra beats GSP he jumps the rankings to number 1 (as he should), Edgar beats Penn and jumps everyone including Aoki to number 1 but when Werdum beats Fedor (who was on a 10 year winning streak) he only jumps to number 2 or 3 behind the world's baddest man Brock Lesnar. What a joke the rankings are. I agree that if you beat the number 1 you become number 1 but they need to be consistent. Alvarez and Chandler both belong up there with Aoki.
Good points regarding how they rank fighters outside and inside the UFC. Brock got the #1 spot because he beat Carwin Rolling Eyes while top ranked Werdum beat #1 Fedor. The list goes on and on with examples of how biased the websites are towards zee UFC and Alvarez should still be top ranked imo.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:

Good points regarding how they rank fighters outside and inside the UFC. Brock got the #1 spot because he beat Carwin Rolling Eyes while top ranked Werdum beat #1 Fedor. The list goes on and on with examples of how biased the websites are towards zee UFC and Alvarez should still be top ranked imo.

Yeah, the website rankings (Sherdog and the like) are so ridiculous it's crazy.
InTheJungle

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:36 pm
yeah, i'm really playing devil's advocate. Or maybe a guy's biggest wins being Josh Neer and Roger Huerta don't impress me enough to be a top 5 LW. But no, i'm playing Devil's Advocate.
Adax

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm
InTheJungle wrote:yeah, i'm really playing devil's advocate. Or maybe a guy's biggest wins being Josh Neer and Roger Huerta don't impress me enough to be a top 5 LW. But no, i'm playing Devil's Advocate.

no one gives a fuck about what does or doesn't impresses you you garbage poster.
KSW
KSW

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:59 pm
InTheJungle wrote:yeah, i'm really playing devil's advocate. Or maybe a guy's biggest wins being Josh Neer and Roger Huerta don't impress me enough to be a top 5 LW. But no, i'm playing Devil's Advocate.
Alvarez also beat Pat Curran, Katsunori Kikuno, Toby Imada, Tatsuya Kawajiri and Joachim Hansen.
rezin
rezin

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:23 pm
^ Those guys haven't fought in the ufc. Josh Neer and Roger Huerta have.
KSW
KSW

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:26 pm
rezin wrote:^ Those guys haven't fought in the ufc. Josh Neer and Roger Huerta have.
Embarassed My bad. If they ain't Ultimate they´re nothing.
rezin
rezin

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 pm
^ We've all seen what happens when people who haven't fought in the ufc eventually fight in the ufc.

They lose.

Or they win. One of those two. So that means that if you haven't fought in the ufc you're not up to par.
KSW
KSW

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:39 pm
Tbh I don´t think Henderson and Miller have beaten better competition than Alvarez.
brace
brace

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:19 pm
How would these guys match up atm? Aoki is much improved striking and he just handled a great wrestler in Kitaoka. I see Aoki sub..
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum