GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor? Empty What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:20 am
Fedor ate all of Henderson's punches, some even straight on the chin and never got rocked on the feet. Even the shot that ended it was from behind, that Fedor didn't expect or see coming and he took 2 illegal shots to the back of the head immediately following it and he still stood up instantly (and I think it was stopped early). Maybe Fedor has some fight left in him after all since no one has beat up Shogun like that before (unless he was coming in off a knee surgery, which he wasn't this time).
brace
brace

What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor? Empty Re: What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:28 am
Fedor used no plan for Hendo. He thought he could brawl Hendo and KO him standing. I don't know what Fedor was thinking. After the Shogun fight I am convinced no man can KO Dan standing.

Strategy for Hendo is clear. Survive to later rounds, judo style takedowns from body clinch, try to pass guard. This is what Shogun did with a lot of success with mount after mount and vicious GnP (if you remember this worked for Jake Shields as well). If Fedor had same position on Dan it would've been over. The trick is, I think you need 5 rounds for this to work..
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor? Empty Re: What does Hendo/Shogun say about Fedor?

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:31 am
doesn't really say much, cuz we'll have to wait until the Monson fight to come to a valid conclusion
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:46 am
brace wrote:Fedor used no plan for Hendo. He thought he could brawl Hendo and KO him standing. I don't know what Fedor was thinking. After the Shogun fight I am convinced no man can KO Dan standing.

Strategy for Hendo is clear. Survive to later rounds, judo style takedowns from body clinch, try to pass guard. This is what Shogun did with a lot of success with mount after mount and vicious GnP (if you remember this worked for Jake Shields as well). If Fedor had same position on Dan it would've been over. The trick is, I think you need 5 rounds for this to work..

Unless you're Anderson Silva I guess..
Kinosis
Kinosis

Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:52 am
I don't think Dan looks as good at 185lbs. He seems to be more drained and not as much power.
brace
brace

Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:24 am
Maybe Fedor tried to drop Dan early to finish him on the ground, which I believe is also impossible..
Adax

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:52 am
that fight was amazing, best one in a while. i would've probably been happier even if that fight ended up a draw.

it's just really not Fedor or Shogun's fault that Adamantium is real and it's what Hendo's chin is made out of. that uppercut from Shogun was DESTRUCTIVE. affraid even though it took Hendo like 2 1/2 minutes to recover from it, he still basically shook it off eventually.

RTT's right about how we need to wait until after Fedor vs. Monson though to really look at and say something about how certain careers/fights/situations have transpired of the last year.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum