GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
KSW
KSW

Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  Empty Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:11 pm
Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  20110103050522_101231_182530untitled3

Mixfight.ru August 21, 2013

One of the most well-known Russian heavyweights, PRIDE veteran Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1 and will fight at the M-1 event which will be held on November 30 in Tula.

Kharitonov (19-5, 9 KO's, 9 SUB)  is known for his uncompromising style, he always tries to finish, which is reflected in his record.

In PRIDE, the former paratrooper earned 8 wins and 3 defeats, beating such famous fighters like Murilo Rua, Semmy Shilt, Pedro Rizzo , Fabricio Werdum and Andrei Arlovski .

Sergei only lost to top fighters such as Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Alistair Overeem , Aleksander Emelianenko , Jeff Monson and Josh Barnett.  The loss to Overeem was associated with rib injury and in the rematch Sergei punched the Dutchman down and out in 2007.

When he was a PRIDE fighter Sergei entered the top 10 of the world rankings, but because of the forced-year-old Sergei paused and dropped out of our official ranking of the best fighters of the post-Soviet space.

In 2012, Kharitonov with Alexey Oleinik took part in the project «M-1 Fighter» TV channel "Fighter" as the lead. Recently, Sergei struggled with various injuries, due to which he could not perform consistently.  Now he is healthy and ready to start conquering the ground lost in recent times.

Last edited by KSW on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  Empty Re: Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:15 pm
8)
wekka
wekka

Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  Empty Re: Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:17 pm
Excellent news, at least this tells everyone that MMA is still on his mind.

I wonder if Grabowski will be available?
KSW
KSW

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm
wekka wrote:Excellent news, at least this tells everyone that MMA is still on his mind.

Grabowski is a good matchup for Sergei. Tbh I would like to see Sergei fighting for the title right away. M-1 needs a world famous champion asap.
Adax

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:31 pm
Watch CDF47 put Sergei at #1 in our rankings before he even fights

Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  2842603839 
wekka
wekka

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:32 pm
KSW wrote:
wekka wrote:Excellent news, at least this tells everyone that MMA is still on his mind.

Grabowski is a good matchup for Sergei. Tbh I would like to see Sergei fighting for the title right away. M-1 needs a world famous champion asap.
I think it would only be fair to give the GP winner first shot, since the champion was taken out in the quarterfinals.

Kharitonov/Grabowski is VERY worthy of number one contendership, though.
KSW
KSW

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:55 pm
wekka wrote:
KSW wrote:

I think it would only be fair to give the GP winner first shot, since the champion was taken out in the quarterfinals.

Kharitonov/Grabowski is VERY worthy of number one contendership, though.
True, that´s the best scenario. After these fights they could make Smoldarev vs Malikov for the next titleshot.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:27 pm
Fuck yeah!

Sergei vs garner for the title
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm
Grabowski vs the gp winner for the number one contender, with all the dropouts in the gp the winner do not deserves a title shot IMO,.worst of all if gluhov wins, who did not even had to fight in the semis, I've never seen this kind of shit, find him an opponent
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm
If it is a one fight deal he should face oleinik or monson
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm
Sing aleks back, aleks vs Sergei could be the biggest fight in Russian soil
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:12 pm
Glad he's back in mma honestly it was hard watching him in Kickboxing.

Him vs aleks would be cool but a titleshot I dunno since its a 1 fight deal.
wekka
wekka

Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:22 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Grabowski vs the gp winner for the number one contender, with all the dropouts in the gp the winner do not deserves a title shot IMO,.worst of all if gluhov wins, who did not even had to fight in the semis, I've never seen this kind of shit, find him an opponent
But Gluhov's one victory is against the champion.

I think that warrants a title shot.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:50 pm
wekka wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:Grabowski vs the gp winner for the number one contender, with all the dropouts in the gp the winner do not deserves a title shot IMO,.worst of all if gluhov wins, who did not even had to fight in the semis, I've never seen this kind of shit, find him an opponent
But Gluhov's one victory is against the champion.

I think that warrants a title shot.
true...
MR.WILLIE

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm
i think sergei will become the poster child for m-1......

they were lacking a big name star to carry the company, sadly aleksander failed doing it but i expect sergei to go and perform well for m-1...

right now if im m-1

ill do kharitonov vs grabowski, probably the best hw fight out there
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:08 am
Excellent news. Couldn't be any happier. This shows that Russian MMA is strong and it continues to grow at a solid pace. Kharitonov is one of my heroes and I prefer to watch him do MMA over K-1 so for me, this is really good news. I'm pumped for a Kharitonov vs. Aleks rematch in the near future. I'm still interested to watch Sergei vs. CroCop sometime maybe at a Legend show.
KSW
KSW

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:06 pm
Kharitonov vs kickboxers like Gluhov, Kudin and Smoldarev would actually be interesting fights as well. The M-1 HW division is getting better and better.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 pm

Agreed, this is definitely excellent news.  Glad he signed with M-1.  They have one of the best HW divisions outside UFC. 

A fight with Grabowski would be an excellent first fight.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:09 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:Watch CDF47 put Sergei at #1 in our rankings before he even fights

Sergei Kharitonov has signed a contract with M-1  2842603839 
LOL...Nah but I was thinking about it.  I will leave him where he is at for now until he starts smashing people in M-1.
KSW
KSW

Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:52 am
The only GP reserve stepped in for Malikov. I think it´s right to let Gluhov go straight to the final. Should they bring in some fighter who wasn´t a part of the GP and postpone the final even more?
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:57 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:Sing aleks back, aleks vs Sergei could be the biggest fight in Russian soil
Aleks is already fighting cro cop at legend fighting show in october if he win this will be a good matchup
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:41 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:Sing aleks back, aleks vs Sergei could be the biggest fight in Russian soil
In my opinion this along with Aleks vs CroCop are the biggest fights this year in all of MMA. Key words : My opinion.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum