GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werdum vs Nelson spoilers

+5
KSW
Longtime Fan
Dagwood
monaroCountry
Kinosis
9 posters
Go down
Kinosis
Kinosis

Werdum vs Nelson spoilers Empty Werdum vs Nelson spoilers

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:19 am
Werdum time! How does K-1 Werdum match up against:

Mir
Barnett
Big Nog

I think he finishes Mir and beats Big Nog this time. Barnett I don't know but I have wanted to see it for a long time.
monaroCountry

Werdum vs Nelson spoilers Empty Re: Werdum vs Nelson spoilers

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:26 am
Win v Mir
Loss v Barnett
Win v Big Nog

These zombie noobs just dont give Barnett enough credit, the guy has serious talent and experience. He gets discounted because he fought mainly in Japan. Overeem was discounted too until he fought Brock. I tried telling every zombies that Overeem was a legit fighter who would clobber Brock wherever the fight went.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:14 am
Fabricio's striking is looking top-notch for HW's. I'm impressed. He's really tightened his punches and kicks up. His combinations are better than Overeems and most all in the division. Very nice too watch. He's also looking a bit like prime Wanderei with those MT clinches & knees. Werdum may just be the most well rounded HW next to Fedor anywhere. Very good Fabricio. Not bad for UFC reject who really rejected the UFC. Wait til he wins the title, Dana's head will explode.
monaroCountry

Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:51 am
Dagwood wrote:Fabricio's striking is looking top-notch for HW's. I'm impressed. He's really tightened his punches and kicks up. His combinations are better than Overeems and most all in the division. Very nice too watch. He's also looking a bit like prime Wanderei with those MT clinches & knees. Werdum may just be the most well rounded HW next to Fedor anywhere. Very good Fabricio. Not bad for UFC reject who really rejected the UFC. Wait til he wins the title, Dana's head will explode.

Werdum, Barnett and Overeem are really Pride fighters.

Way to go PRIDE, dominating UFC fighters just like the good old days. The OLD BREED strikes back and teaches the NEW BREED a thing or two about proper fighting, none of these lay and pray and wall and stall garbage.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 am
Werdum beat the redneck out of Nelson. Everytime I see Nelson fight and his hair , fat body and ugly style of brawling , I cringe in disgust and curse the stats of zuffa Mma . Roy is the physical embodiment of what the typical beer guzzling UFC viewer looks like, that's why they have him fighting lol.
KSW
KSW

Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 am
Longtime Fan wrote:Werdum beat the redneck out of Nelson. Everytime I see Nelson fight and his hair , fat body and ugly style of brawling , I cringe in disgust and curse the stats of zuffa Mma . Roy is the physical embodiment of what the typical beer guzzling UFC viewer looks like, that's why they have him fighting lol.
Spot on! Laughing
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:23 am
No hate for Roy, i like fighters who don't look like the boring average GSP... shaved hair and ripped as fuck
Starving Hobo
Starving Hobo

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:06 am
monaroCountry wrote:Win v Mir
Loss v Barnett
Win v Big Nog

These zombie noobs just dont give Barnett enough credit, the guy has serious talent and experience. He gets discounted because he fought mainly in Japan. Overeem was discounted too until he fought Brock. I tried telling every zombies that Overeem was a legit fighter who would clobber Brock wherever the fight went.

Barnett is #1 or #2 in the world. Fuck rankings... Not sure about Overeem, I don't think Brock was much of a test, the only test was "can you avoid a takedown", he did, at which point, predictably, Brock broke down and got his ass BEAT DOWN AGAIN.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:30 am
Longtime Fan wrote:Werdum beat the redneck out of Nelson. Everytime I see Nelson fight and his hair , fat body and ugly style of brawling , I cringe in disgust and curse the stats of zuffa Mma . Roy is the physical embodiment of what the typical beer guzzling UFC viewer looks like, that's why they have him fighting lol.
I don`t think that is a fair assessment of Nelson. Overall, he is a pretty decent mid level and he has fought some really tough fighters lately, he just got outclassed by a better fighter. I don`t think he deserves the disrespect you are showing him. I`m all for taking shots at ZUFFA but Nelson is still a legit fighter.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 pm
Frank , nobody questioned Nelson's skill and said he isn't legit but honestly it you put him right next to your typical UFC trailer park , ignorant fan , would you be able to tell the difference ? Lol

I have a right to an opinion and my opinion is that the image he glorifies , symbolizes the very ignorance (in the culture) i can't tolerate any longer because they as fans do a disservice to Mma as much as zuffa.

And I don't take shots at zuffa just to take shots (cause its a trend or something) , I just call it like I see it truthfully.

I respect Roy for having balls to get in there as a fighter , he gets that much. I just wish he would tone it down with that "nascar watchin', big bellied , mullet sportin' , burger king promoting" stereotype he so proudly and fervently embellishes. It was cute for about a minute .It's not a good look no matter how hard anyone tries to sell it to me.

When I think (or thought) about Mma I used to think Olympic level sport (when pride was around ) . Does Nelson remind me of an Olympic athlete? Most certainly not. But I respect your view on him.
wekka
wekka

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:21 pm
Rulon Gardner wasn't exactly an Adonis.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:44 pm
But Karelin was.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm
And when I looked at Rulon Gardners ugly fight vs. Yoshida I couldn't get passed thinking how clogged his arteries were.
wekka
wekka

Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:59 pm
Yet Rulon beat both.

Skill>Physique.

Even if Karelin was old as fuck at the time.
Longtime Fan
Longtime Fan

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:23 pm
Yes I agree but Rulon was the exception not the rule. Minority , not majority. And honestly he doesn't exemplify the hard work put in by other top level wrestlers.
Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm
Longtime Fan wrote:Frank , nobody questioned Nelson's skill and said he isn't legit but honestly it you put him right next to your typical UFC trailer park , ignorant fan , would you be able to tell the difference ? Lol

I have a right to an opinion and my opinion is that the image he glorifies , symbolizes the very ignorance (in the culture) i can't tolerate any longer because they as fans do a disservice to Mma as much as zuffa.

And I don't take shots at zuffa just to take shots (cause its a trend or something) , I just call it like I see it truthfully.

I respect Roy for having balls to get in there as a fighter , he gets that much. I just wish he would tone it down with that "nascar watchin', big bellied , mullet sportin' , burger king promoting" stereotype he so proudly and fervently embellishes. It was cute for about a minute .It's not a good look no matter how hard anyone tries to sell it to me.

When I think (or thought) about Mma I used to think Olympic level sport (when pride was around ) . Does Nelson remind me of an Olympic athlete? Most certainly not. But I respect your view on him.

Haha you make some good points. I`m not a fan of Nelson FYI, I think he is a tough, solid mid level HW but that`s about it, I don`t think I have have ever looked forward to his fights just for him. I guess I misinterpreted your post as flat out bashing Nelson as a fighter, I do agree his image is pretty grotesque. Laughing
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum