GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014 Empty World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014

Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:28 pm
World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014 Wsof-logo2

The World Series of Fighting is going down under.

WSOF is planning to continue its international expansion with a fight card in New Zealand in April of 2014, MMAWeekly.com learned on Tuesday.

WSOF president Ray Sefo said that the deal is constructed and the company is in its final stages before announcing the New Zealand card.

“It’s pretty much finalized,” Sefo said. “Probably right after Japan, we’re talking about having a show in New Zealand.”

“WSOF New Zealand,” as Sefo referred to it, does not have a specific April date and venue as of yet. The company anticipates doing that show and following it up with a subsequent card in Australia.

The expansion to the Australian continent continues WSOF’s international push, following announcements of the company’s Dec. 7 debut in Canada and the expected March 2013 card in Japan.

The Canadian push came after the purchase of Aggression Fighting Championships, which WSOF acquired in a deal announced in early October. Later in the month, the company announced they would partner with Japanese MMA promotion Pancrase in an effort to bring WSOF to the country.

WSOF 7, the promotion’s first Canadian card, is headlined by former UFC fighter Anthony Johnson facing longtime veteran Mike Kyle.

The WSOF Japan card currently has no fights lined up, but Sefo said to expect newly acquired middleweight Yushin Okami to headline the show against a yet-to-be-announced opponent.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/world-series-of-fighting-targets-new-zealand-for-april-2014
Adax

World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014 Empty Re: World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:28 pm
I think they really need to hit Africa next year too, get with EFC and their roster like they did with Canada and AFC.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014 Empty Re: World Series of Fighting Targets New Zealand for April 2014

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:32 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:I think they really need to hit Africa next year too, get with EFC and their roster like they did with Canada and AFC.

I for one would like to see EFC continue to run and have WSOF form a partnership with them like they have done with Pancrase. I really don't like when promotions go away we need as much variety as possible EFC has been putting on great shows as well.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:31 am
For the nz event, already people saying ray sefo will be in action!

Jim York, antz Nansen and some speculation about Sam Greco!
Adax

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:26 pm
PRIDE4EVER wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:I think they really need to hit Africa next year too, get with EFC and their roster like they did with Canada and AFC.
I for one would like to see EFC continue to run and have WSOF form a partnership with them like they have done with Pancrase. I really don't like when promotions go away we need as much variety as possible EFC has been putting on great shows as well.
I agree that would be preferable, I'm just confused as to what circumstances merit a co-promotion like with Pancrase or an absorption like with AFC.

Yeah it feels weird when orgs get bought out, can't help but think of the way Zuffa absorbed everything. It feels that WSOF has good intentions though in comparison.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum