GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui Empty “ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 am
First Asia, then the world.

In a sport where your biggest competitor has a foothold on the industry, it can be a hard to stand out. So many have tried before, and often it becomes a case of imitation being the highest form of flattery. In North America, there is a clear top company in mixed martial arts. As other promoters try to play catch up, there has been an explosion across the Asian market.

ONE FC and CEO Victor Cui lead that explosion. The promotion has taken the best of the others that have tried before them and has created a mixed martial arts event that sees thousands of fans packing arenas throughout Asia. The promotion may not have the star power of its Western competitor, but there are two things that the companies share: confidence and a high-quality product that they plan to share with fans all across the globe.

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” Cui predicted in an exclusive interview with The MMA Corner. “Our growth has been so explosive that if we continue on this path, we will be able to reach such heights in a very short time.

“It has been absolutely crazy. ONE FC has seen such exponential growth within the two years we started holding events. We have gotten some of the top blue-chip partners in every market we go to, as well as unbelievable media coverage and creating such a huge buzz among fans.”

For Cui, the ONE FC experience isn’t just about putting on fights that fans all around the world can enjoy. It’s about the live show in itself, and that is something that he has been working hard to perfect over ONE FC’s last 11 events.

“ONE FC is about providing [and] putting on world-class entertainment for fans of all ages to enjoy,” Cui explained. “ONE FC combines the extravagance of a Las Vegas performance with the sporting excellence of the Olympics or World Cup to create a unique show that has the audience on the edge of their seats.”

It’s not often that an event goes off without some kind of hitch. Like just about any mixed martial arts show, ONE FC 11 had its fair share of controversies. There was a split decision that could have gone either way and a bout between Khim Dima and Rene Catalan that saw multiple illegal strikes. The result of the latter—a win via strikes for Dima—was overturned to a no-contest by ONE FC.

“We were proactive to change the decision of the Dima and Catalan bout because a clear infringement has been made and [ONE FC] have suspended the referee [Kenichi Serizawa] in charge of that bout,” Cui revealed. “ONE FC emphasizes top-level competition and officiating. We will continue to monitor the performance of our officials moving forward.”

With such a wealth of talent scattered throughout the Asian region, ONE FC prides itself on being committed to building the careers of fighters who would usually struggle to find an avenue to showcase their skills. As the company has grown larger, though, the opportunity to sign talent that has been cast off from the other major promotions around the world has also presented itself.

“It is always a balance of name recognition against giving a young and hungry fighter the opportunity to compete in ONE FC. We will definitely continue to look at any options that make sense to us,” Cui said. “We have so many stars coming out of countries that nobody has thought of in the past.

“Adam Kayoom is on the verge of becoming Malaysia’s first MMA world champion with a victory over Nobutatsu Suzuki on Nov. 15. He is a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Ricardo Liborio and is highly ranked in Muay Thai as well before [he started] competing in mixed martial arts. Philippines is a hotbed of mixed martial arts talents, such as our former ONE FC featherweight world champion, Honorio Banario, and Kevin Belingon, both of whom are already so skilled at such a young age.”

On Nov. 15, ONE FC puts on its sixth event of the year in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The main event will see Kayoom and Suzuki face off to determine the promotion’s first welterweight champion. It’d be easy to get wrapped up in the title fight, but there is more to this card than just a championship bout.

“This card is very exciting. We have Melvin Yeoh vs. A.J. Lias Mansor. Both of them are pioneers in the MMA industry in Malaysia, and it will be exciting to see who the top featherweight in the country is,” Cui said. “Peter Davis, Saiful Merican, Chen Yun Ting and Gianni Subba will also look to put on a show in front of their hometown fans.”

In order to continue their success, Cui and ONE FC certainly see the value in building up the stars of the future.

“We have many up-and-coming guys and there is already a buzz about them, like Gianni Subba, Chen Yun Ting and Geje Eustaquio,” he said. “We expect to unearth even more future stars through the recently launched ONE FC Asia Amateur Series, which will host numerous shows across Asia for amateur fighters beginning next year. The series will provide a platform for amateurs to compete and demonstrate their ability before progressing to ONE FC.”

With ONE FC laying claim to being the dominant force in mixed martial arts in the Asian region, the next step for the company is to continue to expand into the sport’s most lucrative market of North America. At this stage, fans can view ONE FC through internet pay-per-view, but Cui is ensuring that his company continues to expand across the globe.

“We recently signed a blockbuster deal with Catalyst Media Group as our exclusive content distributor from 2014 onwards. The team led by Patrick Murphy is the best in the business, and we will work closely with them to bring ONE FC to every country in the world,” Cui explained. “Australia is definitely a market that we are interested in. The fans are so passionate and knowledgeable about the sport, and you can expect ONE FC to hold a show there in the future.”

With ONE FC’s product continually in the spotlight, it’s not going to take long for the promotion to have its high-quality shows seen in more homes around the world. Having confidence is one thing, but being able to back it up is something completely different. Cui has his eyes set on world domination. So far, with everything that ONE FC has achieved in its short two-year history, he has shown that he is indeed heading along that path.

From The MMA Corner
wekka
wekka

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui Empty Re: “ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:45 pm
For that to happen, it'll realistically take up to a decade. I applaud them for trying to.develop their own talent but they desperately need more established guys for the.near future.while these guys with under five fights continue to grow.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui Empty Re: “ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:09 pm
Adam Kayoom is starting to become a fan favorite of the Malaysia’s people they start slashtag Warrior spirit trend on twitter.
Hamilcar
Hamilcar

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 pm
I do wonder, though. Here in America, yeah, ONE FC is nothing; but what about in Asia. If you did a poll in Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan and these other places that ONE FC is, how many people would have heard of ONE FC versus UFC? I do think that ONE FC has a major foothold in these countries that the UFC would have a hard time fighting. And Indonesia is no joke economically. They are a very well developed and rich country that ONE FC is probably making a good deal of money off of.
I once heard Victor Cui describe the ONE vs U FC war as one akin to all of the other East vs West company battles. UFC has the West ONE FC has the East just like (he used the example of) Youtube vs Youku. I see as ONE FC as very well established and I don't think they will lose the battle of Asia and the Near East for MMA. They may never get any bigger in America, but they definitely have Asia.
SandmanFC
SandmanFC

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui Empty MMA on track to be the No.1 sport in Asia

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:57 pm
UFC Fight Night 34’s press conference at Marina Bay Sands yesterday put a stamp on the fact that MMA was exploding in Asia. With Asia’s frontrunner ONE Fighting Championship headquartered in Singapore and the biggest player from the West starting its foray into South East Asia, the growth metrics that define this sport has been rocketing off the charts.

In an tele-interview today, ONE FC’s CEO Victor Cui weighed in on the numbers: “There is no doubt that MMA is growing to be a force to be reckoned with in Asia! On every quantifiable metric, the growth has been breathtaking. ONE FC is happy to be at the forefront of that growth with the biggest live events in cities across Asia and the secret to our growth is really our fans. They are awesome.”

Noting the announcements by their biggest competitor from the West, he said, “We gladly welcome the UFC to join us in Asia to add to the premium MMA content that fans can enjoy. Their entrance into Asia is great for the sport and at the end of the day, as the two biggest promotions in the world, we have the same goal – we want to see the sport grow.”
The UFC has announced five fights for their Singapore event which will be headlined by a Welterweight bout between Tarec Saffiedine and Jake Ellenberger. But no news has emerged regarding any local talents starring on the card, yet.
No surprise there, because arguably the biggest gauntlet facing the UFC’s invasion of Asia is the fact that 90% of the top Asian fighters have already been snapped up by ONE FC.
But with the talent pool rising at such an incredibly quick pace, UFC headhunters will simply have to look further to find what they need to fill their Asian-based cards.

In a recent interview with Filipino coaching legend Mark Sangiao of Team Lakay, he explained why he was lucky to have fighters in both promotions.
“Team Lakay is proud to be able to showcase international talent on world-class platforms like ONE FC and the UFC. We have a strong affiliation to ONE FC as a member of their exclusive network and our fighters have been having considerable success on that highly competitive stage.”
But Sangiao adds that because of the rising popularity of MMA in the Philippines, his stable in Baguio is full of young hopefuls who need a place to gain experience.
“All my top fighters like Banario, Belingon (left), Folayang and Geje have been signed to ONE FC and I spoke to Victor (Cui) about letting my other fighters gain experience on other promotions like PXC and even the UFC, and thankfully, he was agreeable,” said Sangiao.
A case in point, with Geje Eustaquio and Rey Docyogen already taking their places in the ONE FC Flyweight division, teammate Roldan Sangcha-an just narrowly fell short of making the cut for ONE FC and will be joining the ranks of the UFC in 2014.

It’s testament to ONE FC’s far reaching influence in Asia that Sangiao sought Cui’s blessing before allowing Sancha-an to talk to the UFC, Team Lakay is a part of the ONE FC Network and its fighters feature on virtually every single card, and it also indicates the battle which UFC matchmakers face to break ONE FC’s virtual monopoly on the Asian market.

In his closing remarks, Cui highlighted that the potential of MMA in Asia is far from being reached yet and the co-existence of major promotions like ONE FC and UFC in Asia would help develop the market to it’s full potential.
“There’s no telling how long it will take for MMA to become the biggest sport in Asia,” said Cui. “But I can assure you, it is already on it’s way there. ONE FC will continue to open up new markets for MMA all across Asia and fans everywhere can expect to see us at a stadium in their city before too long. I promise you that.”

From Yahoo Sports Singapore
MR.WILLIE

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 pm
I'm not even going to comment! Cui is full of shit
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:05 pm
I know a friend from Malaysia who she start a movement and people start pick up and grab attention of onefc on twitter.Your right that onefc market wouldn't work in the USA but the Asian people appreciate mma & tree at respect way that run in their culture.You have to notice that USA culture kind different and kind reaction like barbarians in way.The also love their sport with beer no wonder
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:07 pm
I know victor kind lie maybe him feel the pressure of onefc
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:08 pm
Zuffa will buy up 1FC and Cui will laugh all the way to the bank, everyone has a price. But I do appreciate his enthusiasm and confidence.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:35 am
I hope the anonymous fight corruption against Zuffia to expose them once for all so media put a cam on them

“ONE FC will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world,” - Victor Cui 78137881 
KSW
KSW

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:41 am
ONE won´t become the biggest promotion but they´re way better than UFC. We need guys like Cui in the fight against Zuffa.
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:54 pm
Biggest in the world? probably not as a One fc fan I say that as wekka stated it would take 10 years minimum they have a lot of prospects under 5 fights they need more names.

One fc is a good fit in asia and a good alternative to the UFC I think they will grow and become one of the big players soon enough and will be used by fighters to bargain against Zuffa when their contracts comes up to be renewed. I think they will make a small splash here in the states and other parts of the world but Asia is always going to be their main focus.

I think if any Promotion has a chance to take over Zuffa as number 1 it to me has to be WSOF for a company that just started a year ago and to be breaking in to all the markets they are breaking in to it is amazing.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:54 pm
KSW wrote:ONE won´t become the biggest promotion but they´re way better than UFC. We need guys like Cui in the fight against Zuffa.
I don't agree!cuiis the asian Dana white, always talking shit! Start putting better mma product shows then you call yourself the biggest mma company
KSW
KSW

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:14 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:ONE won´t become the biggest promotion but they´re way better than UFC. We need guys like Cui in the fight against Zuffa.
I don't agree!cuiis the asian Dana white, always talking shit! Start putting better mma product shows then you call yourself the biggest mma company
Cui has nothing in common with Dana. When did Cui talk shit about fighters and other promotions?
MR.WILLIE

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:20 pm
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Cui has nothing in common with Dana. When did Cui talk shit about fighters and other promotions?
Saying he is the next pride, I counted as talking shit,
KSW
KSW

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:25 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:
Saying he is the next pride, I counted as talking shit,
It´s a promoters job to hype his company. What Dana does is absolutely disgusting and has nothing to do with Cui. Dana shits all over all other promotions and fighters who are not on the Zuffa roster. I never heard Cui talk shit about any athlete or company.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:38 pm
Ok Johan! I don't like cui! Your position is not going to make me change my opinion! IMO cui talks 2 much
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:34 pm
ONE FC needs the ring and stomps. After that, they need to use their partnership promotions more often like ROAD FC, DEEP, DARE, URCC,...They worked with Pancrase too in the past.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:12 am
HEY CHECKOUT NEW THREAD AND READ IT
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:27 pm
Legend FS will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world - Russian Top Team
adam
adam

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:32 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:Legend FS will become the biggest and the best MMA promotion in the world - Russian Top Team
I really really hope so.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum