GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more

+8
Frank Hill
Marcelo Tigre
monaroCountry
ZuffaKiller
MMArx
KSW
Dagwood
Hollywood Dang
12 posters
Go down
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more Empty Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:03 am
https://twitter.com/#!/evgenikogan/status/168054203678343170

@bjornrebney @JoshGrossESPN @MMAjunkieSteven Bjorn, enough with the poaching of fighters already. Shamhalaev is contracted. Malikov also.

Sorry for the rude words without class but: FUCK YOU BELLATOR YOU CHEAP UFC RIP OFF I HOPE THE UFC PUTS YOU OUT OF BUSINESS

thanks
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more Empty Re: Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:31 am
Wow! I hope this doesn't continue. These guys need to be banding together to fight the UFC not each other.
KSW
KSW

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more Empty Re: Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:09 am
I thought it was against the rules to negotiate with contracted fighters.
MMArx
MMArx

Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:49 pm
Bellator are very shady: remember when they got that greasebag manager to send them Zuffa files?
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 pm
MMArx wrote:Bellator are very shady: remember when they got that greasebag manager to send them Zuffa files?

What happened there? I don't remember...
MMArx
MMArx

Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:02 pm
Dagwood wrote:
MMArx wrote:Bellator are very shady: remember when they got that greasebag manager to send them Zuffa files?

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20101/report-zuffa-llc-sues-bellator-ken-pavia-over-alleged-theft-of-trade-secrets.mma
ZuffaKiller

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:14 pm
starting to lose respect for bellator for doing this.
KSW
KSW

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm
MMArx wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20101/report-zuffa-llc-sues-bellator-ken-pavia-over-alleged-theft-of-trade-secrets.mma
This is dirty tactics from Zuffa. Are there any proof that this really happened? I read other reports that say Bellator didn´t do anything wrong.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:52 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
MMArx wrote:
Dagwood wrote:

This is dirty tactics from Zuffa. Are there any proof that this really happened? I read other reports that say Bellator didn´t do anything wrong.

Doubt that Zuffa needs to do this on this stage of Bellator. Zuffa is shady but this doesn't man that any other org isn't.
KSW
KSW

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:58 pm
We can´t they all be like these honest gentlemen..

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more Fedorandvadim
monaroCountry

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:03 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:We can´t they all be like these honest gentlemen..

I havent really heard of any concrete evidence of M1 or Fedor doing some scummy behind the scene stuff like Bellator or the UFC. Everyone keeps parroting that they are shady but could never say what is so shady about them.
KSW
KSW

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm
monaroCountry wrote:

I havent really heard of any concrete evidence of M1 or Fedor doing some scummy behind the scene stuff like Bellator or the UFC. Everyone keeps parroting that they are shady but could never say what is so shady about them.
M-1 are in it for the sport, not only to make money. They are good people but Dana said they are crazy russians and stupid fans believe him. Dana is the main reason fans dislike M-1.
monaroCountry

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:15 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
M-1 are in it for the sport, not only to make money. They are good people but Dana said they are crazy russians and stupid fans believe him. Dana is the main reason fans dislike M-1.

Pretty much.

Zombie Fans believed a serial liar like Dana White, bunch of idiots.
Marcelo Tigre
Marcelo Tigre

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm
Bellator is bad guy but M-1 not? Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more 3973136183
KSW
KSW

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:31 pm
Marcelo Tigre wrote:Bellator is bad guy but M-1 not? Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more 3973136183
Bellator aren´t bad guys but what have M-1 done wrong in your opinion?
monaroCountry

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:48 pm
I like Bellators but dont agree with what they are doing in this issue. They and the fighter is clearly in the wrong.

Frank Hill
Frank Hill

Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 pm
monaroCountry wrote:

There never was any proof it was just bullshit perpetrated by the zombies. Vadim is a successful businessman from Russia so he must be connected to the mafie Rolling Eyes
Idiots. The funny thing is that the Ferittas are the ones with actual mafia connections and no one says anything about them Laughing
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:20 am
^

Yeah, people are watching too many spy movies. They have to learn that the cold war ended already too.

Bitch move by Bellator but i hope they can work together later instead of being enemies. At least we know now that they recognize talent. Laughing
marchegiano
marchegiano

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:40 am
I dunno why you've succumbed to the belief that there is a such thing as business ethics. What makes you think even if M-1 was big they'd be doing anything different. M-1 is just as fucked as any other promo. They're a promotional company......they with out any doubt fucked. Quit hoping someone takes it to the UFC. That doesn't change a damn thing. Instead y'all would be M-1 zombies and the Zuffa boys would all sit around in the dark crying about it. Your playing "underdog" it doesn't make you honest and nice. It makes you easy to hide your faults.
Adax

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 pm
I R Dissapoint Bellator

Looks like Bell(end)ator tries to leech M-1 even more 920778703
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Bellator should not be messing with fighters that are already under contract to other orgs. That is bull shit. M-1 should be pissed off. I agree with the posters that are saying these orgs. need to be working together, not against each other.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:29 pm
marchegiano wrote:I dunno why you've succumbed to the belief that there is a such thing as business ethics. What makes you think even if M-1 was big they'd be doing anything different. M-1 is just as fucked as any other promo. They're a promotional company......they with out any doubt fucked. Quit hoping someone takes it to the UFC. That doesn't change a damn thing. Instead y'all would be M-1 zombies and the Zuffa boys would all sit around in the dark crying about it. Your playing "underdog" it doesn't make you honest and nice. It makes you easy to hide your faults.

I don't think most here are being naive on this subject. I think their perspective comes from years of watching the sport and experiencing how Zuffa & Dana have carried themselves in the industry.

I've been around a long time (too long for here, haha) and I have yet to see any major company do the kind of things these guys have done so publicly. This is really unprecedented especially for major pro sports. These guys have made themselves so many enemies in and out of the business of MMA I'm not sure they have any friends that aren't 100% reliant upon them for survival.

Zuffa and its brain-trust have done to many to count things over the years that are questionable business-wise. The public actions of Zuffa's main corporate spokesperson exhibit all too many times a lack of respect for the truth and anything but ethical. There ain't no major corporate leader anywhere that is allowed to get away with this shit because the much free-er mainstream press, shareholders and their consumers would not allow it. If the head guy is lying his face off and twisting the truth most of the time publicly... just what is he doing inside company and what type of misrepresentations is he guilty of there?

This whole thing really comes down to making informed opinions based on research, weighing the evidence & drawing a well-formed opinion. In Dana White's case, the evidence is insurmountable. There is very little evidence at this point that I am aware of that Vadim Finklestein has lied publicly or carried himself in any unethical manner. In Zuffa's case, the mafia-like business practices out there are well-documented for public scrutiny are legendary and becoming too many to count. In M-1's case... or almost any other current MMA organization this isn't remotely the case.

Until we see evidence to show that Vadim, M-1, or any other promotion is doing the same kind of things that Dana and Zuffa have done for 10 years, we will not paint anybody else with the same brush. If terrible things come to light and can be confirmed... I for one won't be like the masses of Zuffa fans that justify everything Dana & Zuffa does. I've got a code of ethics and if any MMA organization or their management breaks my trust, I'll kick them to the side in a second.

Newsflash wrote:
"Fedor Emelianeko has just been arrested in Stary Oskol for the serial killings of 78 pre-school Combat Sambo students and cannibalizing them. It would seem this has been the true source of his super human fighting skill which saw him be undefeated for 10 years and become the GOAT MMA fighter." - Stary Oskol Post

Dagwood wrote:
"I don't care, at least Fedor is a good business man. Without Fedor MMA would never have grown to where it is today. I don't care about any of that crap. All I care about good Fedor fights"

Laughing

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum