GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

My UFC 1 theory  Empty My UFC 1 theory

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:47 am
I've had this theory for a long time but I've never shared it until now.

I've long had the stance that Shamrock vs Royce at UFC 1 was in fact a worked fight and god knows i've taken some shit for this stance but this is what i think happened.

Rorion told Ken to lay down for Royce but Funaki didn't want him to because Ken was Pancrase champ. That work caused Ken and Pancrase to fall out. Ken was told he would't be asked back in UFC if he didn't lay down for Royce. UFC payed Ken more than Pancrase did and was a much lighter schedule compared to Pancrase's borderline barbaric tour schedule (It's no coincidence all those Pancrase OG's ended up physical wrecks) so Ken sold Pancrase out.
KSW
KSW

My UFC 1 theory  Empty Re: My UFC 1 theory

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 am
Interesting theory. I´ll have to look deeper into this.
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:17 am
well the choke is kinda questionable because its an easy position to get out of but i dunno, thats some conspiracy shit right there.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:51 am
The obvious flaw in your story from my point of view is the notion that UFC told Ken he wouldn't be invited back, and he opted for the lighter schedule/higher pay to fight for them. Being that it was UFC 1, this doesn't make any sense. If it was an established org already, maybe.

So I say far more likely he just accepted a nice 'locker room bonus' in the event of something like that. As for everything else, you never know I guess. It's not like that would be the first (or last) time a fight's ever been fixed.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:05 pm
I think Gerard Gordeau may have been paid to perform cosmetic dentistry on Teila Tuli.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum