GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance Empty M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:00 pm
http://wmmaa.org/cache/watermark/91d2722d48ea435a9c8677c0eeed9aa7.jpeg

M-1 Challenge 42 and the world amateur finals were another full house for them. They're getting between about 1M-3M+ viewers on Russia 2 TV just in Russia itself. You can add a lot of other viewers in Russian speaking countries/republics from the former-Soviet Union that are not part of the Russian Federation (close to another 100M population/Ukraine, Latvia, Armenia, Lithuania, etc)

Fight Nights is also on Russia 2 as well as Legend. Looks to me like Fight Nights gets around 5-6K maybe more for their shows judging by the arenas they're in.

No matter what some might say M-1 does UFC kind of numbers for it's arena events. On free TV they beat all UFC cable events and do not much different numbers than the UFC does in the US on FOX. Their own regional/domestic markets include the former-Soviet republics that are now independent countries and like I said that's about 100M more Russian speaking people that get Russia 2 as well. The numbers of viewer are probably be a lot higher.
KSW
KSW

M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:07 pm
M-1 is a huge threat to UFC, much bigger than Bellator imo. The M-1 version of mma is completely different which is ultra dangerous for Zuffa who tries to force their version of the sport on the rest of the world.

Imagine if the fans decide thay had enough of cagefighting

M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance 852107159 
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance Empty Re: M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:29 pm
Waiting for FKA to give us a lesson on ratings & demographics not being important  M-1 Challenge 42: Ishii vs Monson/World Amateur MMA Champioship Finals had 13K in attendance 1347041234 
wekka
wekka

Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:41 pm
Russian MMA is at it's absolute peak, in both popularity and talent.
KSW
KSW

Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:07 pm
wekka wrote:Russian MMA is at it's absolute peak, in both popularity and talent.
This is not the peak, this is just the beginning.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:46 pm
Russiantopteam said Waiting for FKA to give us a lesson on ratings &

demographics not being important

Oh russianshillteam your hilarious but Don't have to....
In this case I am in agreement because my main and only reason for speaking out on the ksw numbers was because they were insinuating that ksw would do those numbers in a US market which it wouldn't.

This is merely stating that m-1 is the biggest rival to ufc and does ufc numbers in its region and other Russian speaking nations.

I agree if I remember correctly m-1 did about the same numbers strikeforce had actually better in most cases when it was aired in the states.

I have long been a supporter of m-1 they just need to step it up and get bak in the US market and see what they can do.

Ksw isn't even close to m-1
KSW
KSW

Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:57 pm
fka wrote:  Russiantopteam said Waiting for FKA to give us a lesson on ratings &

demographics not being important

Oh russianshillteam your hilarious but Don't have to....
In this case I am in agreement because my main and only reason for speaking out on the ksw numbers was because they were insinuating that ksw would do those numbers in a US market which it wouldn't.

This is merely stating that m-1 is the biggest rival to ufc and does ufc numbers in its region and other Russian speaking nations.

I agree if I remember correctly m-1 did about the same numbers strikeforce had actually better in most cases when it was aired in the states.

I have long been a supporter of m-1 they just need to step it up and get bak in the US market and see what they can do.

Ksw isn't even close to m-1
Only americans care about US ratings. KSW is huge in Poland and has potential in the rest of Europe, M-1 is huge in east europe so far. There are 45 countries in Europe if anyone wonders.
fka
fka

Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:18 pm
No I care because you guys were the ones comparing ufc numbers to ksw which in a us market ksw couldn't beat wsof it's a reality Deal with it!

If you don't want me to rain on your parade don't get too ahead of yourselfs.

Ksw did great numbers in Poland but its weak roster wouldn't allow for any such success out of Poland.

The main attraction is a Guy who couldn't buy his way into a bellator tourney or even into wsof.

Ksw is not in the same galaxy as m-1 or bellator.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 am
fka wrote:No I care because you guys were the ones comparing ufc numbers to ksw which in a us market ksw couldn't beat wsof it's a reality Deal with it!

If you don't want me to rain on your parade don't get too ahead of yourselfs.

Ksw did great numbers in Poland but its weak roster wouldn't allow for any such success out of Poland.

The main attraction is a Guy who couldn't buy his way into a bellator tourney or even into wsof.

Ksw is not in the same galaxy as m-1 or bellator.
No I never said KSW would do great numbers in the US. This is what we talked about
eXtv wrote:KSW ratings are unbelievable. The only have 38.5 million people population and then they pull 4 million viewers for Mamed Khalidov's fight on the KSW 25 card.

That would be like the UFC pulling 31 million viewers on FOX based on the U.S. population. Insane.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:09 am
Going with Ishii in this one. I think Monson is done.

Hope this is in the normal M-1 ring.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:09 pm
CDF47 wrote:Going with Ishii in this one.  I think Monson is done.

This already took place, they had 13.000 in attendance.
fka
fka

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:39 pm
Russiantopteam said:There's an estimated 10 million Polish people living in America currently. I guarantee you that if Pudz headlined a UFC event, millions would tune in. He's probably the biggest and most popular athlete in the country. When will you finally admit that you are a Zuffa shill?

Rtt and extv were getting WAY!ahead of themselves lmao

fka
fka

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:44 pm
Extv said:KSW's viewers in Poland in comparison are far, far larger than the UFC's in America when you scale them to the populations of Poland and the USA.

I wish them all the success in the
world.

This is where demographics come in to play......

Like I said if u don't want me to rain on your parade don't get ahead of yourselves.
KSW
KSW

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:15 pm
I´m not RTT. All I´m saying is 10% of the polish population tuned in to KSW 25. I´m not saying UFC will ever get 10% of the US population but if they did they would have more than 31 million viewers.
fka
fka

Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:02 pm
Cool man I never personally said YOU KSW said that I said you guys LOL

I have always said yeah that's cool great job for ksw in their region I'm completely on board with what YOU KSW is saying.

But the second they start to insinuate ksw could bring in millions of viewers anywhere but Poland(especially the US market)

Or that ksw numbers aren't a reflection of competition in the demographic then we got beef homes LOL.

Ksw I am not attacking you bro in fact you are the one NOT taking it for anything that it isn't just other folks getting all crazy lol
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:25 pm
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Going with Ishii in this one.  I think Monson is done.

This already took place, they had 13.000 in attendance.

I thought this might be a rematch.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:28 pm
delete

Last edited by mmainamerica on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Rizin=PRIDEFC

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm
MMA is not that popular in America its just most promoted.
Fedor vs Rogers was watched by about 4-5 million people
Cain vs. JDS 1(FOX) had 5.7 million and peak with 8.8 million
That is like 2% of people in USA watches MMA
While Fedor vs Rogers was watched by 16 million Russians what is about 10% in Russia (4 times better than in USA)
Dream 1 had peek at CroCop vs Mizuno with 13 million people what is 10% in Japan
So CC with 2 losses in row vs unknown Mizuno is more watched than Cain vs JDS?!
When CC fights it is always free on TV and it is watched by about million of people what is about 25% of my nation.
KSW has really good ratings too!
MMA is unpopular in USA!
KSW
KSW

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:38 pm
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:MMA is not that popular in America its just most promoted.
Cain vs. JDS 1(FOX) had 5.7 million and  peak with 8.8 million
While Fedor vs Rogers was watched by 16 million Russians what is about 10% in Russia (4 times better than in USA)
Dream 1 had peek at  CroCop vs Mizuno with 13 million people what is 10% in Japan
So CC with 2 losses in row vs unknown Mizuno is more watched  than Cain vs JDS?!
When CC fights it is always free on TV and it is watched by about million of people what is about 25% of my nation.
MMA is unpopular in USA!
Nice stats bro. We need more of this.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:39 pm
KSW wrote:
LEGENDMMA=PRIDEFC wrote:MMA is not that popular in America its just most promoted.
Cain vs. JDS 1(FOX) had 5.7 million and  peak with 8.8 million
Dream 1 had peek at  CroCop vs Mizuno with 13 million people what is 10% in Japan
So CC with 2 losses in row vs unknown Mizuno is more watched  than Cain vs JDS?!
MMA is unpopular in USA!
Nice stats bro. We need more of this.
we are on the same page.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:25 pm
mmainamerica wrote:I believe KSW in the states would double WSOF ratings and attendance

I think with better management and more hype around Bobby Lashley, even shitty Shark Fights could pull better numbers than WSOF at this stage.
KSW
KSW

Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 am
M-1 Challenge 42 - 13,000

UFC Attendance 2013

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Benavidez 2 - 11,573
UFC Fight Night: Hunt vs. Bigfoot - 11,393
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate - 4,853
UFC 167: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks - 14,856
UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson - 10,565
UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Munoz - 10,355
UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Shields - 6,621
UFC Fight Night: Teixeira vs. Bader 5,126
UFC 164: Henderson vs. Pettis 9,178
UFC Fight Night: Condit vs. Kampmann 2 6,417
242 UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie - 13,873
UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Moraga 8,967
UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman 12,964
UFC on Fuel TV: Nogueira vs. Werdum 6,286
UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Bigfoot 2 - 12,380
UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Rockhold - 7,642
UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Melendez - 13,506
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs. Team Sonnen - 5,918
UFC 157: Rousey vs. Carmouche - 13,257
UFC on Fuel TV: Barao vs. McDonald - 10,349
UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar - 10,275
UFC on FX: Belfort vs. Bisping - 9,116
PRIDE4EVER
PRIDE4EVER

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:46 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:
mmainamerica wrote:I believe KSW in the states would double WSOF ratings and attendance

I think with better management and more hype around Bobby Lashley, even shitty Shark Fights could pull better numbers than WSOF at this stage.

I thought Shark fights was dead? I wish M-1 could get a TV deal here in the US so it would be easier for me to watch!
fka
fka

Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:59 pm
+1
I really miss seeing live events and having m-1 in the states Sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum