GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" Empty Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC"

Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:43 pm
Vitaly Minakov: "The goal - to go higher and higher only UFC]
vRINGe.com -  January 7, 2014

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" 494c3f6c92b5aca13e35e126ba65c2c3

Bellator champion heavyweight Russian Vitaly Minakov (13-0) in an exclusive interview with  bloodandsweat.ru told about the duel with compatriot Alexander Volkov, in which he won the title, and the further career plans.

- Before you Bellator champion title four times world champion in sambo. Whether caused Time American organization some new emotions? 

- Yes, I won the title of world champion in sambo four times, but there was no emotion. It was very difficult to keep them down in the first few seconds. This belt was very welcome trophy. When I signed a contract with Bellator, you did it just for the title. 

Now I've done a certain way, and it reached the goal could not cause a storm of emotions, not just me, but the whole team (smiles). There was a feeling of euphoria and satisfaction, because this victory was not only my, this result sought the whole team. 

- Surprised that the fight ended so quickly? 

- I never thought about it. I was charged for the victory, and it happened. It does not matter how I won. Of course it is always better to win quickly and with a minimum of damage to the enemy and yourself (smiling). 

I've trained in various aspects. Denying practiced in cells, long shot, I studied to get the opponent as to fight with Sasha I had no experience with high sparring opponents. 

At first it was hard to approach. But I was lucky. In the last month of training camp Greg Jackson was Travis Brown, and with him I was preparing for Sasha. Fortunately, all our achievements could be applied. 

- First pass at the feet of Alexander stopped easily enough. It was part of the plan?

- Of course, Sasha knew that I am a fighter, waiting passages in the legs, and it was foolish to hope that I will lay it on the first try. So I just tried to take away. The only pity is that the cast has not turned off the grid. I took a grip, but hurry, took him high and not Sasha pulled off the grid. 

I had no purpose to pass in the legs. My task was to get Sasha to believe that I want to topple him. I did not go to the legs to knock him collisions, so from the outside it looked and insecure. 

I tried to imitate, but really need to do is really to believe the opponent. After that I had to strike. Or vice versa - threatening blows to the head and legs in place. But the act I was not going in a straight line. 

- Communicate with Volkov after the fight? 

- After the match I went to see him in the locker room, shook hands, and while no longer talking. January 9, together we will fly to New York for a photo shoot. I think there's talk. 

- Do you think that will be a rematch? 

- Sasha is a good fighter. In my opinion, it will be the next Grand Prix, and as for me, I see how my defenses will be held. Potentially, everything is possible. 

- When we arrived in Russia with a belt, felt that life has changed? 

- There was no sensation. Perhaps such feelings were in the first minutes after the fight.About an hour there was still a sense of satisfaction, but it all ended with unusual emotion(laughs). Now I'm indifferent look at the belt and the title. 

Now we need to move on. If I build from this win something supernatural, it would be difficult to continue to work. Probably, this is one of the stages of growth of the athlete.Then you need to grow, to defend this title, to improve their skills. Now my goal - to increase the level of fighting spirit, show quality fights, a variety of work in the cell. 

- In order to grow, we need worthy opponents. You will spend the first defense against Cheick Congo. How do you rate it? Whether already started to disassemble? 

- I have not started to watch his fights. I've seen a couple of his fights in Bellator. Think ahead to bother do not need. Also saw a battle where it almost knocked out, and then he contracted and cut down an opponent. 

Congo experienced opponent with a strong base. 18 of 30 matches held in the UFC. But all real. He has flaws, holes. While I can say that he is a good drummer and keeps hitting. 

But still, he is not the strongest fighter and me to move forward to achieve something serious, you need to win against such opponents. 

- It is not yet known when the Bellator tournament in the heavyweight division, and division in this promotion is not the strongest. What thoughts about the future? 

- I agree that it is not the strongest division. I already have a belt, and now I have a purely sporting interest. Want something more. You understand that the protection zone and will not change anything, but if you lose, then change for the worse. Therefore, the aim - to go higher and higher only UFC. 

There are obligations under the contract and the only way to change the promotion - that's only if you simply will buy. I have heard that there is such an experience. So now I should be interested if they want to see me in their organization. Another way to get into the UFC will be difficult. 

I have a contract with Bellator for another year, and if everything goes well and I'll have times on the hands, then the contract will be extended. But I heard that Bellator offers new fighters in the heavyweight division is very interesting from a financial point of view contracts and talk about serious prospects. 

I think in the future Bellator will act even more profitable, and not have to move anywhere.But still, very interesting fight for the belt UFC. 

Plus, as said Alexander Shlemenko, the battles can experiment, try something new and that's growing. 

- Your teammate Ali Bagautinov will fight John Lineker. What do you think, what are his chances of winning? 

- Of course, I am a fan of Alishka. He is my close friend, we are a team. I can see how he trains, and adds as already included in the Top 10 UFC. Unfortunately, I have not seen fights Lineker, so I can not assess the odds. 

However, I remember that after the victory in the last battle, Ali Turner and his boxing once said that next opponent will Lineker. I think if Alishka wins this fight, after one more win will qualify for the title. 

- It is very possible, because in case of a victory over Ali in the ranking will only Joseph Benavidez and John Dodson. 

- I saw Ali sparred with Dodson in the hall Greg Jackson. Generally, with Dodson we communicated well. He positive guy. In America, all sparred hard enough, and I saw Ali outplayed throughout American. 

However, Dodson is still dangerous. He has a very tough knees. I saw for the first time in his life, a man with one jump inflicted three accented kneeing. Although it is less than Ali, but jumping almost twice myself. Of course, the battle is all very different. 

- I have looked at your sparring with Dodson (smile). 

- Yes, Dodson dangerous guy (laughs). He was very cheerful and pleasant. 

- You were with Andrei Orlovsky in Minsk tournament Fight Nights: Battle Nyamiha.How do you like his fight with Andreas Kraniotakesom? 

- I watched the fights Andrew, when there came into mixed martial arts. Basically, I liked in those days three fighter Fedor Emelianenko, Mirko Cro Cop and Andrew Orlowski. 

I was impressed by aggressive manner Orlovsky. Yet I think that for many Russian people are very difficult to accept American shocking. The cinematics and rumors had the impression that he was an arrogant guy. 

So when we met, I was wary, though I always try to make himself first impression of the man. Actually Andrew nice and kind guy, despite all its outlets with fangs. 

If we talk about him as a fighter, he has a good level of shock art, but lately he has become more careful work. I can say that I was surprised at how good he feels the fight in the body. When you work closely, then it is very difficult to do something, of course, affects wrestling base. Here, for example, Travis Brown feels very weak fight. 

I believe that Kraniotakes no opponent for Orlovsky, and Andrei could knock him out earlier. I think affected the psychological pressure, as he spoke at home and very nervous.Yet Andrew did that in mind. 

I want to say that I saw, as he prepared for a fight, and even when it was very hard - the legs do not move, his hands were raised, he still went through with any exercise. 

One of the final training we had a run in the dunes and on the eighth segment we had to carry each other. I thought it was impossible to do. Twenty minutes we walked uphill, and I was about to tell him, "Andrew, stop, or you'll destroy your feet," but he came. Here's a hard-nosed, he is probably why he was a champion of UFC. 

- Alexey Oleinik was signed in the UFC. Do you think he will manifest themselves in the new promotions? 

- I do not like to build forecasts, as MMA is a sport in which it can beat the whole fight, and he will take and strangle the enemy at the end. For example, the fight with Mirko Cro Cop was so. 

Whatever the old Mirko was, I do not think his fighting dropped. Maybe now less endurance or bestial lust for victory, but still it was very dangerous. However Oleinik completely took the initiative in their hands and strangled him. 

Of course, the UFC has a lot of good fighters with the level of struggle is not worse than Oleynik. Still want to believe that he will succeed, and I'll be rooting for him. We'll see how things go. 

- Is it hard to stay in the U.S. without a family? 

- Yes, I'm very hard when family is not around. Constantly thinking about them. When they get close, I feel more confident and calmer.

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" 74fed02afe94147d7e37655a22f6a862

George 
editor 
vRINGe.com

http://www.vringe.com/mma/news/70066-vitaliy-minakov-tsel-idti-vyshe-a-vyshe-tolko-ufc.htm
KSW
KSW

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" Empty Re: Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC"

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:08 am
Forget about UFC

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" Bellator-CEO-Bjorn-Rebney-PR
Adax

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" Empty Re: Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC"

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:22 am
Minakov needs to be hyping his own promotion!

I feel he could certainly beat Cain or JDS but I don't want to see that. I want to see him fight title challengers who earn their shot through tournaments, just like Minakov had to, for the Bellator MMA HW championship.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:25 am
AudaxSmoke wrote:Minakov needs to be hyping his own promotion!

I feel he could certainly beat Cain or JDS but I don't want to see that. I want to see him fight title challengers who earn their shot through tournaments, just like Minakov had to, for the Bellator MMA HW championship.
The UFC brand is stronger than we can imagine. Most russians look at it as the big League. I don´t blame them when every major mma site is covering UFC only.

This has to change right now and we need to gather all true fans and journalists.
Fairweather

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:42 pm
KSW wrote:
AudaxSmoke wrote:Minakov needs to be hyping his own promotion!

The UFC brand is stronger than we can imagine. Most russians look at it as the big League. I don´t blame them when every major mma site is covering UFC only.

This has to change right now and we need to gather all true fans and journalists.

you think they make their decisions based on what they read on mma sites?  Rolling LMAO 
they know they can make the most money in the UFC and jump at the opportunity when they get it, and that if they can get a string of wins there, they will get a better contract and more money than in other promotions. of course if they lose 2-3 (sometimes one) or do something Daddy Dana doesn't like, they will get cut, but they are willing to risk that for the chance to earn top dollar.
adam
adam

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:43 pm
NOOOO Vitaly  Crying or Very sad 

I agree with those saying he should be hyping Bellator.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:49 pm
KSW wrote:Forget about UFC

Vitaly Minakov Interview: Bellator HW isn't strongest division, "The goal to go higher & higher only UFC" Bellator-CEO-Bjorn-Rebney-PR

Johan just deleted his minakov HL for these "go to the UFC" remarks  Rolling LMAO 

Bjorn looks awesome there Very Happy
MR.WILLIE

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:56 pm
It's sad, even if he wants to go to zuffa, his responsibility is with who is paying him, he is making a living out of bellator but focused on a future with zuffa, not good IMO!

Companies like bellator have to do something to prevent fighters from leaving! Lombard, askren, Eddie Alvarez feud, now another champ
KSW
KSW

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:08 pm
stu3ufc wrote:
KSW wrote:Forget about UFC

Johan just deleted his minakov HL for these  "go to the UFC" remarks  Rolling LMAO 

Bjorn looks awesome there Very Happy
Lol. Minakov will soon realize he´s at the right place (Bjorn will give him a paper bag full of ruble)
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:41 pm
It's disappointing to hear stuff like this. Obviously it's his own opinion and I respect that, but you're the champion of Bellator. Don't make statements like this when you're still under contract with them.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum