GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract  Empty Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:03 pm
Former Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren is no longer competing stateside, now that promotion CEO Bjorn Rebney has washed his hands of the "Funky" Olympic wrestler. After UFC President Dana White balked at the idea of adding him to the ZUFFA roster, Askren was signed to ONE FC.

Or what's being called the "Siberia" of the mixed martial arts (MMA) world.

That's one of the reasons he should have "shut up," according to Eddie Alvarez, who was "annoyed" when Askren gave his "uneducated opinion" about the contract fiasco that sent Alvarez to court once UFC officials expressed an interest in signing him.

From MMA Fighting:

"Ben was very opinionated about how my situation was dealt with although he had no clue about my situation. I'll have a little more respect and say that I don't know what happened with (his) situation, so I'm not going to comment, rather than be ignorant like he was and go about saying some stupid shit that he said. He annoyed me. He had a very uneducated opinion on how much money I should make. He knew how much I should ask for [because] people are making $8 an hour somewhere, so I should take the money and run. Yeah ... maybe he should have shut up."
See how that situation resolved itself here.

Alvarez (25-3) eventually returned to Bellator MMA and even got the last laugh, defeating Michael Chandler by way of split decision last November to reclaim his 155-pound crown. They'll complete their trilogy later this year -- this time on pay-per-view (PPV) -- to settle their score once and for all.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract  Empty Re: Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:51 pm
Eddie Alvarez vs. Ben Askren catchweight fight (Bellator vs. ONE FC)
adam
adam

Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract  Empty Re: Eddie Alvarez says 'ignorant' Ben Askren should have 'shut up' instead of saying 'stupid s--t' about Bellator contract

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:00 am
CDF47 wrote:Eddie Alvarez vs. Ben Askren catchweight fight (Bellator vs. ONE FC)

Bad fight for Eddie.

I'm sure Eddie is a good guy but he kind of comes off as bitter because Ben is happy in ONEfc and Eddie couldn't leave Bellator.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:18 am
adam wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Eddie Alvarez vs. Ben Askren catchweight fight (Bellator vs. ONE FC)

Bad fight for Eddie.

I'm sure Eddie is a good guy but he kind of comes off as bitter because Ben is happy in ONEfc and Eddie couldn't leave Bellator.

Yeah, he is coming off that way a bit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum