GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Titan fc returns with new ownership Empty Titan fc returns with new ownership

Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm
Kansas-based Titan Fighting Championship was a fixture on HDNet/AXS TV, featuring predominantly prospects and local talent, but also current and former UFC fighters such as Jason High, Jamie Varner, Tim Sylvia, Zak Cummings, and Anthony Johnson. Resurrection Fighting Alliance merged with Titan FC in late 2012, but president Joe Kelly ran two more shows before the organization was purchased by current CEO Jeff Aronson of Alchemist Management fame.

Now under new management, Titan FC has a deal with CBS Sports Network to broadcast main card fights on the digital cable subscription channel as well as stream all of the prelims on cbssportsnetwork.com. The first event for Titan under Aronson will be February 28th, and features Mike Ricci and Jorge Gurgel in the main event, with Matt Riddle moving up to middleweight to take on Michael Kuiper in the co-main. The card also includes the infamous Pedro Nobre, Kurt Holobaugh, and TUF 18's Anthony Gutierrez.

According to Aronson, you can expect the following:

Fighters receiving locker room bonuses for finishes.
A bigger emphasis on signing UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator veterans, as well as prospects with at least 4 pro fights. The last 18 fighters they've added to the roster have a combined record of 171-18.
Holding shows outside of Kansas City and venturing towards other states.
All fighters will have an opt-out clause in the event they're approached by the UFC to be signed.
By Aronson's own words he is heavily invested in the success of Titan without directly competing with Zuffa, which he says "no one is going to be able to do". It looks like Titan FC is going to become a hub for potential new stars as well as an opportunity for those released by Zuffa or Bellator to stay active, get a few fights in, and potentially re-sign with a bigger organization.

If Titan FC can thrive under Aronson then they should definitely be considered a viable "feeder league" to the UFC. While I'm certain the interest in Mike Ricci is fairly minimal after his dismal UFC run, he's still a young fighter, as are Riddle, Kuiper, Gutierrez, etc. so they're not "has-beens", and can earn another crack at the Octagon if they string together a few impressive wins.
Bloody elbow.com
KSW
KSW

Titan fc returns with new ownership Empty Re: Titan fc returns with new ownership

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 pm
This bothers me..

All fighters will have an opt-out clause in the event they're approached by the UFC to be signed.

If Titan FC can thrive under Aronson then they should definitely be considered a viable "feeder league" to the UFC.
MR.WILLIE

Titan fc returns with new ownership Empty Re: Titan fc returns with new ownership

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:13 pm
KSW wrote:This bothers me..

If Titan FC can thrive under Aronson then they should definitely be considered a viable "feeder league" to the UFC.

I understand but at least they are being honest! Companies are loosing fighters to zuffa recently, bellator, m1, one fc all!

Titan is a smaller regional show with a good tv deal, but that doesn't mean they can compete with zuffa,more prospects will be attracted to them with that UFC out clause!

I don't like it but its the truth
KSW
KSW

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:22 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

I understand but at least they are being honest! Companies are loosing fighters to zuffa recently, bellator, m1, one fc all!

Titan is a smaller regional show with a good tv deal, but that doesn't mean they can compete with zuffa,more prospects will be attracted to them with that UFC out clause!

I understand why all these promotions do this. Zuffa is way to powerful to mess with but I´m still hoping Global MMA will dethrone this private owned company.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:29 pm
KSW wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:

I understand why all these promotions do this. Zuffa is way to powerful to mess with but I´m still hoping Global MMA will dethrone this private owned company.

We think the same way bro!
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:21 pm
I like who Titan FC are signing!

I really hope the new owners arent like those WSOF douche bags
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:50 am

Yup, not good
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum