GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

GARCIA VS. HERRERA  in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th Empty GARCIA VS. HERRERA in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th

Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:53 am
GARCIA VS. HERRERA  in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th Carousel

DANNY GARCIA vs MAURICIO HERRERA

DEONTAY WILDER vs MALIK SCOTT

juanma lopez vs daniel ponce de leon

http://sports.sho.com/events/garcia-vs-herrera

BAYAMON PUERTO RICO, COLISEO RUBEN RODEIGUEZ 15K APROX CAPACITY

ALREADY HAVE MY TICKETS, GOING LIVE
MR.WILLIE

GARCIA VS. HERRERA  in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th Empty Re: GARCIA VS. HERRERA in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th

Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:06 pm
In 2 weeks guys! Pumped for this, floor tickets for me
MR.WILLIE

GARCIA VS. HERRERA  in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th Empty Re: GARCIA VS. HERRERA in PUERTO RICO, UNIFIED SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP march 15th

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:41 pm
Jose chelo Gonzalez 20-1 will also be in action
wekka
wekka

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:48 pm
Wow, what a card. Is this on Showtime or Showtime PPV?
MR.WILLIE

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:57 pm
wekka wrote:Wow, what a card. Is this on Showtime or Showtime PPV?

Regular show time
wekka
wekka

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:34 pm
Awesome, thanks Willie.

Danny Garcia is must see and i'm a big fan of the undercard.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:00 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:47 am
why is event take place in Puerto Rico beside that Danny  is from Philadelphia,Pennsylvania?
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:48 am
kayneoTheRisingWarrior wrote:why is event take place in Puerto Rico beside that Danny  is from Philadelphia,Pennsylvania?

Because we are huge boxing fans and will sellout the 15k arena and both his parents are born and raised on the island
MR.WILLIE

Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:24 am
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:22 am
Final press conference Wednesday at Braulio Castillo Theater, Bayamon, Puerto Rico:

Angel Garcia, Danny Garcia’s Father & Trainer:

“March 15, [Danny] will still be the undefeated Champ of the world. Herrera, you’ve got to give him hope. Hope that he doesn’t get knocked out. You’ve got to give the man hope. His family is here. I respect that. They love him. There is nothing wrong with that. But come March 15 [Danny] is still the undefeated Champ of the world. This isn’t something that just happened. This was a dream, a dream that I had when Danny was a child. Danny is meant to be. Dreams aren’t meant to be broken not this one anyway.

“He [Herrera] has fought guys, opponents. You’re fighting in Puerto Rico now. Danny is 100 percent Puerto Rican. I don’t care what they say. He is my blood. I am Puerto Rican. He’s Puerto Rican. On March 15, he will still be the undefeated Champ of the world. And I will promise you that. I won’t put my head involved in this one because my daughters got nervous. They told me, ‘Dad, please don’t say that.’ People thought that it was a joke. I really meant that. Would Herrera’s coach do that? No, because that is the difference between his team and our team. My soul is in the ring with Danny. I would die for Danny and he would die for me.”

Deontay Wilder: [About fighting in Puerto Rico]

“I feel great! Like Tony the Tiger! I have lots of fans out here, a lot more than I thought I did. They showed me love right when I arrived. When I found out I was fighting in Puerto Rico I was super excited! Puerto Rico is a beautiful island with beautiful people and beautiful weather!

[About Malik Scott's style] “I haven’t seen Malik Scott personally fight but he’s been in my camp before. He was one of my sparring partners in my past camps. He was a lot of help and very competitive. He knows my style and what I bring to the table. We know each other’s style. Whoever gets first to the punch will win. The smarter and better looking person will win and that’s going to be me.”
MR.WILLIE

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:07 pm
It was a weigh-in without drama, as all three advertised main fights for tomorrow night's Showtime card in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, are ready to go, with the six fighters all making weight. (Well, four made weight. Two are heavyweights.)

For the main event, defending junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia (27-0, 16 KO) weighed in at 139¾ pounds, with challenger Mauricio Herrera (20-3, 7 KO) coming in at 139¼. The two had a pretty intense little staredown that featured some jawing, with the camps quickly separated.

Garcia is the huge favorite to retain his championship in this fight, as it's seen by most as little more than a tune-up event to familiarize the Philly-born fighter with the Puerto Rican audience. But Herrera cautions those who believe he has no chance, saying he's coming to win.

"He said he was gonna tear me up, I just smiled at him," Herrera said after the weigh-in. "He's a little boy. I'm gonna show him how to fight and give him a lesson."

Herrera continued, "There's been a lot of strange things in championship fights that were thought to be tune-up fights. They're gonna see a boxing show, a great fight. I'm gonna take it to him at times. I'm gonna come out with my hands raised."

Garcia was confident in his post-weigh-in interview.

"I just told him I was gonna tear his ass out. That's it," he said. "I know I'm ready. I'm 110% ready. Look at my body and look at his body, you tell me who's ready. I was born to fight on this level."

When questioned about whether he'll go for an early ending to the fight, Garcia said, "I always go for the knockout, but I'm prepared for 12 rounds. You're gonna see fireworks."

In the Showtime heavyweight co-feature, Deontay Wilder (30-0, 30 KO) weighed in at 227 pounds, with Malik Scott (36-1-1, 13 KO) at 238 pounds. Scott weighed in with a bag on his head that said "GET YA POPCORN READY."

Wilder and Scott are friends outside of the ring, but Deontay says that Malik won't be fighting Deontay Wilder, he'll be facing "The Bronze Bomber."

"He's my bro, I love him, but love hurts sometimes," said Wilder.

Headlining the Showtime Extreme portion of the U.S. broadcast will be a super featherweight rematch between Juan Manuel Lopez (33-3, 30 KO) and Daniel Ponce De Leon (45-5, 35 KO). Lopez weighed in at 129 pounds, with Ponce De Leon at 128¾.
MR.WILLIE

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:56 pm
Getting ready to go to the event!

Prelim card starts at 5pm! An hour drive from home

I hope you can enjoy it also!

Very nice boxing event
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 pm
Herrera won that fight. It's a shame Golden Boy Promotions is currently the most corrupt in the business. Countless gift decisions in recent years. Smh.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 am
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Herrera won that fight. It's a shame Golden Boy Promotions is currently the most corrupt in the business. Countless gift decisions in recent years. Smh.

IMO Garcia won 115-113! Close fight but I think he won

The juanma vs ponce Deleon fight was incredible
Realidea
Realidea

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:59 am
No way Garica won. If you think that your either part of his family or Drunk. Literally everyone had Herrera wining and comfortably

Last edited by Realidea on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 am
Realidea wrote:Now way Garica won. If you think that your either part of his family or Drunk. Literally everyone had Herrera wining and comfortably

Well that's my opinion I'm not part of his family, I was there live and enjoyed th event
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:29 am
Realidea wrote:Now way Garica won. If you think that your either part of his family or Drunk. Literally everyone had Herrera wining and comfortably

Comfortably? Wtf?
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:31 am
It was open scoring also! Herrera was behind in all scorecards after the 8th round! And split the last 4! Before the dec he knew he had lost
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:51 am
Realidea wrote:No way Garica won. If you think that your either part of his family or Drunk. Literally everyone had Herrera wining and comfortably

Agreed. The vast majority of people had Herrera winning. But of course there was no way he was getting a decision in Puerto Rico against the "star" fighter.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:
Realidea wrote:No way Garica won. If you think that your either part of his family or Drunk. Literally everyone had Herrera wining and comfortably

Agreed. The vast majority of people had Herrera winning. But of course there was no way he was getting a decision in Puerto Rico against the "star" fighter.

Don't say that crap bro! The puertorrican judge was the one that had it even!

Herrera out jab garcia, there were no power shots on his part
wekka
wekka

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:58 pm
Herrera might not have the power of Garcia but power shots were landed, just look at Swift's face at the end of the fight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum