GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale  Empty UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:13 pm

Word is traveling through the grapevine that the UFC just may have found a new opponent for Ryan Jimmo at the TUF Nations Finale on April 16. Jimmo's original opponent UFC debutee and former minor-league hockey enforcer Steve Bosse was forced off the card due to injury. Now, Sportsnet's Joe Ferraro is reporting via Twitter, that the UFC may be targeting Sean O'Connell to fill the spot Bosse left.

Joe Ferraro @ShowdownJoe
Follow

Hearing that Sean O'Connell (15-4) will replace the injured Steve Bosse, vs Ryan Jimmo at the #TUFNations finale.

The 30-year-old O'Connell has been training Jeremy Horn's Elite Performance Gym in Utah. And if his UFC signing is indeed in the works he would make his way to the octagon with a 15-4 record. His most notable career win is over Marvin Eastman, and otherwise he's fought a lot of vets, but not much top end competition. All four of his losses are by stoppage. More perceptive fans may remember O'Connell from TUF 8 where he lost to Shane Primm in the season's elimination round. Since that season of the Ultimate Fighter he's gone 9-2, with both losses by submission and five stoppages of his own.

Watching O'Connell fight, he's definitely a grappler first and foremost. He is something of a wild brawler while standing and a very hittable one at that. It's hard to see what his takedown game looks like, as the level of his competition isn't terribly elite, and there's not a lot of recent footage out there on him. What I have seen shows that he's a pretty capable grappler both off his back and on top. And while he appears to be solid at transitioning on the ground and creating opportunities, he's not exceptional at holding position. Obviously he's a fighter looking to finish with 7 KO/TKOs and 3 submissions, but that he seems to have a "live by the sword die by the sword mentality." Against a careful fighter like Jimmo, who likes to switch between grinding top and cage control and bursts of powerful offense, this could be a bad night for O'Connell.

No official word of his signing has been released yet, but I'd expect the announcement soon, as fight night approaches. To get better acquainted, here's some footage of O'Connell's most recent fight at MFC 39:

story and fight video at
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/3/6/...njury-mma-news

Mma crypt.com
MR.WILLIE

UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale  Empty Re: UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:15 pm
This is a fucking trend that has to stop, this guy signed an mfc multi fight deal, he is schedule to face viktor malinaki at mfc 40' then all of the sudden, the contract does not exist and he can become a zuffa fighter!

Companies are not doing a good job protecting their fighters
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale  Empty Re: UFC targeting Sean O'Connell to replace Steve Bosse at TUF Nations Finale

Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 am
Zuffa out clauses stink
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:04 am
I dont trust MFC either!
MR.WILLIE

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:05 pm
@maximumfighting

We sold his contract to his management #mfc

I ask them on twitter this was their answer
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:57 am
MMAjunkie recently reported that Jimmo’s original opponent, Steve Bosse (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC), suffered a shoulder injury and was forced off the card. Jimmo (18-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) now fights replacement and promotional newcomer Sean O’Connell (15-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC).

UFC officials recently announced the change.

The TUF Nations Finale, which serves as the live final for “The Ultimate Fighter Nations: Canada vs. Australia” reality series, takes place April 16 at Colisee Pepsi in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. It’s expected to air on FOX Sports 1 following prelims on UFC Fight Pass.

O’Connell, a recent MFC competitor and former college football player, enters the UFC with a six-fight winning streak and eight victories in his past nine fights. The fighter, who suffered an elimination-round loss to Shane Primm on “TUF 8″ in 2008, owns 10 stoppages (including seven knockouts) in his 15 career wins.

Jimmo, meanwhile, looks to rebound from a TKO loss (due to a leg injury) to Jimi Manuwa at UFC Fight Night 30, which moved his overall UFC record to .500. Prior to the setback, the 32-year-old Canadian was on an 18-1 run that included UFC wins over Anthony Perosh (knockout) and Igor Pokrajac (decision).

The latest TUF Nations Finale card now includes:

Michael Bisping vs. Tim Kennedy
Patrick Cote vs. Kyle Noke
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF Nations” middleweight final
opponent TBA vs. opponent TBA – “TUF Nations” welterweight final
Akira Corassani vs. Dustin Poirier
Mark Bocek vs. Evan Dunham
Shayna Baszler vs. Sarah Kaufman
K.J. Noons vs. Sam Stout
Ryan Jimmo vs. Sean O’Connell
Mitch Gagnon vs. Tim Gorman
Dustin Kimura vs. George Roop

Mmajunkie.com
MR.WILLIE

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE
Steve Bosse, a notorious semi-pro hockey goon, was scheduled to make his UFC debut in April. After a shoulder injury forced him out of the bout he has now decided to call it quits.

Steve Bosse has called it quits in MMA a month after he was scheduled to make his UFC debut. The notorious semi-pro hockey goon signed with the UFC and was set to meet Ryan Jimmo in his first trip to the Octagon, but a shoulder injury forced him to withdraw from the bout.

Bosse says that he is listening to his body and will step away from the sport. MMA Fighting with the quotes:

"My body is talking to me," he said. "It's time that I make the right decision."

"When I started in hockey, I had rage in me," he said. "This sport helped me channel that. It was my therapy. Today, that rage is no longer in me. Today, I'm doing well. I don't feel the need to fight anymore, to go make war."
Bosse got in a ton of fights during his time in hockey, earning a reputation prior to coming to MMA.

In the professional ranks Bosse managed a 10-1 record, beating such UFC vets as Wes Sim, Houston Alexander and Marvin Eastman.

Bloody elbow.com
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum