GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan   Empty Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan

Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:51 pm
Following his win over Manny Gamburyan in December at UFC 168, Dennis Siver tested positive for human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), a naturally occurring hormone in both males and females – but one that is on many sports’ banned substances lists because of its frequency in use with steroids.

Nevada State Athletic Commission chairman Francisco Aguilar on Saturday confirmed the news to MMAjunkie, saying that an “appropriate complaint” against Siver was being prepared.

For women, hCG is used as a fertility drug. But for men, it can boost testosterone production. It also has a history of being used as a weight-loss aid, though the Food and Drug Administration has not approved any hCG weight-loss drugs for over-the-counter use.

Siver’s exact hCG level wasn’t revealed, but the fighter is expected to be served with a temporary suspension by the NSAC. Siver will have the opportunity to appeal, but regardless is expected to be on an upcoming NSAC agenda to determine whether he will be issued a full suspension, along with length, a potential fine and a potential overturning of his win over Gamburyan to a no-contest.

Aguilar said all other fighters on UFC 168 came back negative for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The NSAC oversaw the card, which took place at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The show was headlined by a pair of title fights between middleweight champion Chris Weidman and ex-champ Anderson Silva, and women’s bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey and former Strikeforce champ Miesha Tate.

In 2009, Major League Baseball standout Manny Ramirez was suspended for 50 games after testing positive for hCG.

Siver (22-9 MMA, 11-6 UFC) dropped from lightweight to featherweight in 2012 and won a pair of fights against Diego Nunes and Nam Phan at the tail end of a 9-2 run in the UFC. After a “Fight of the Night” TKO loss to Cub Swanson at uFC 162 in July 2013, he needed a rebound win and got it against Gamburyan by unanimous decision.

After his win in December, Siver said he wanted to work his way toward a title shot.

“My goal is definitely to get a title shot, and I think I belong in the top 10,” Siver said. “My goal is to fight a top 10 fighter in my next fight.”

Instead, he apparently will await his fate from the NSAC. Stay tuned to MMAjunkie for more on this story as it becomes available.
Mmajunkie.com
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan   Empty Re: Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan

Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:53 pm
Yeah siver you suck bro

Your not going to be a champ especially if your cheating bud.....
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan   Empty Re: Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:06 pm
Always suspected this guy of juicing.
Fairweather

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:36 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Always suspected this guy of juicing.

is there anyone who isn't?
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:41 pm
I remember when he beat my friend Diego Nunes in a razor close decision and everyone was on the Siver 145 champ bandwagon

He's got little T-rex arms and he's as wide as he is tall.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:48 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Always suspected this guy of juicing.

Dennis Siver tests positive for hCG following UFC 168 win over Gamburyan   Healthmaster
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:25 pm
Yeah he uses montels machine to blend his horse roids with his acai berries lol
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum