GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show  Empty UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:57 pm
For the 3rd day running we have a new main event confirmed for an upcoming UFC show. Today on the official UK twitter account, it was confirmed that the headlining act for the May 31st return to Germany will be between middleweights Gegard Mousasi and Mark Munoz:

Mousasi (34-4-2) won his UFC debut over Ilir Latifi at UFC on Fuel 9 in Sweden before dropping to middleweight, where he was recently defeated via decision by Lyoto Machida in a February main event. While Mousasi lost, he did pocket $50,000 in FOTN bonus money and put in a good performance nevertheless.

Munoz (13-4) went 1-1 in 2013, dominating Tim Boetsch at UFC 162 before suffering a 1st round head kick KO against Machida in an October Fight Night card in Manchester. "The Filipino Wrecking Machine" is no stranger to five-round main events, as this will be his 4th scheduled one in his last 5 bouts. Unfortunately for him, his last two main event appearances have ended in brutal KO losses, with the other one coming to Chris Weidman.

This is the first time the UFC has traveled to Germany since 2010 for UFC 122 (on Spike TV), when Yushin Okami beat Nate Marquardt in the main event, with their debut in the country coming one year prior at UFC 99: Wanderlei vs. Franklin I.

The UFC Fight Night: Berlin tickets go on sale on April 2nd, and the whole card will be streamed exclusively on Fight Pass. This is part of a dual-event day for the UFC, with the TUF Brazil 3 finale airing on Fox Sports 1 later that evening.
Bloody elbow.com
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show  Empty Re: UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show

Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:50 pm
I don't see how Mousasi doesn't win this. I think he will brutalize Munoz.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
adam
adam

UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show  Empty Re: UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:I don't see how Mousasi doesn't win this. I think he will brutalize Munoz.

Me too brother.

Easy fight for Gegard.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:54 am
adam wrote:
backdoor to zuffa wrote:I don't see how Mousasi doesn't win this. I think he will brutalize Munoz.

Me too brother.

Easy fight for Gegard.
I'd love yo think so but mousasi was wrassled by keith jardine. washed up jardine, at that. It was a while ago but not that long ago. and NO ONE who is considered near elite should be wrestled by jardine.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am
loyalty13 wrote:
adam wrote:

Me too brother.

Easy fight for Gegard.
I'd love yo think so but mousasi was wrassled by keith jardine. washed up jardine, at that. It was a while ago but not that long ago. and NO ONE who is considered near elite should be wrestled by jardine.

Jardine spammed takedowns but got fucked up for his troubles. Not sure if you saw the fight that way.

Plus GM TDD has looked better. It was perfect in the OSP fight which was after Jardine. And OSP is probably a better wrestler.

Munoz MMA wrestling isn't that good at all either, despite his amateur credentials.

Either way, I see Munoz getting KO'd.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:29 pm
I haven't been uber impressed with either Guy recently this fight will be boring as fuck.....

Honestly I think Munoz by decision horrible matchmaking

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:57 pm
Gegard will just knock him out from the bottom then. No problem.

We are Global-MMA.com.

-backdoor to zuffa
loyalty13
loyalty13

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:06 pm
adam wrote:
loyalty13 wrote:
adam wrote:

Me too brother.

Easy fight for Gegard.

Jardine spammed takedowns but got fucked up for his troubles. Not sure if you saw the fight that way.

Plus GM TDD has looked better. It was perfect in the OSP fight which was after Jardine. And OSP is probably a better wrestler.

Munoz MMA wrestling isn't that good at all either, despite his amateur credentials.

Either way, I see Munoz getting KO'd.

I agree that mousasi still fucked him up and won the fight. I don't recall OSP vs Gegard that well, but i seem to remember OSP having an early lead until he gassed. Mousasi should KO munoz but i think the first couple of round munoz will be dangerous if he implements his wrestling.

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:52 pm
backdoor to zuffa wrote:Gegard will just knock him out from the bottom then. No problem.

UFC announces Gegard Mousasi vs. Mark Munoz as main event of May 31st Berlin show  696622810 
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:13 pm
going with gegard by tko

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
Aunt Red
Aunt Red

Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:33 am
RIP Munoz.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum