GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa?

+8
stu3ufc
Adax
fka
adam
iforgotmypassword
God of Thunder
nathanli
cboone
12 posters
Go down
cboone
cboone

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? Empty What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:20 am
Why does it matter if an organization is percieved to be alligned with Zuffa? Shouldn't the main focus be on having more organizations (alligned or not) so that fighters get more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure?

I would much rather see 100 organizations "alligned" with Zuffa where fighters can make all of these things happen, then only 5 organizations not "alligned" with Zuffa where only a handful of prospects and a couple of veterans are showcased. It's better for the sport as a whole.

Please have a structured, intelligent response when replying....not just "Zuffa sucks". I'm hoping this generates some sincere discussion....thanks.
nathanli

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? Empty Re: What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:45 am
I agree with you. The more mma the better. The more opportunities for guys to get fights now, the more opportunities there will be for them in the future, zuffa or not. If other promotions keep flourishing and ufc keeps dogging on their talent, we'll see a larger distribution of talent.

Sadly though, we will probably never see a day when it's all an open market and there isn't a major player running things. We can just hope that enough fighters push the envelope to be making more money like melendez.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? Empty Re: What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa?

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 pm
Because Zuffa needs strong competition asap. If everyone keep bending over for them the mma scene will never change and they will keep treating fighters like shit and their crappy version of the sport will dominate.

All promotions need to work against Zuffa not the other way around.
iforgotmypassword
iforgotmypassword

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:22 pm
Because it's called collusion and it is highly illegal. If you think this is good for any fighter you're highly naive. Pancrase and others are already having doubts about selling their brand as some watered down North American conquest. Pretty much has killed any fan hype they once had.
adam
adam

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:24 pm
Because being aligned with someone in this industry while running a separate brand is a conflict of interest.

It's business 101.

Why do you think it's okay for your bigger more successful "partner" to strip you of all your talent and stunt your own growth?

Pretty simple to me.
adam
adam

Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm
iforgotmypassword wrote:Because it's called collusion and it is highly illegal. If you think this is good for any fighter you're highly naive. Pancrase and others are already having doubts about selling their brand as some watered down North American conquest. Pretty much has killed any fan hype they once had.

Post of the day.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:24 pm
Obviously original poster has no business posting in GLOBAL MMA

If your OK with ufc phantom operating company's to corner the market on talent and takeover illegally shouldn't you be on sherdog lmao

Ufc needs AS MUCH COMPETITION as humanly possible this is where fighters will benefit because of bidding wars.

If ufc operates all orgs paygrade will b same in every org if not less.

So in short

EVERYTHING IS WRONG WITH COMPANYS ALLIGNING WITH ZUFFA!

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
cboone
cboone

Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:41 pm
cboone wrote: Shouldn't the main focus be on having more organizations (alligned or not) so that fighters get more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure?  

It seems many people didn't make it past the first question to discuss the second question.  The focus of my discussion is that fighters need more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure.  Without those three items, and especially the last item, change cannot happen.  The fighters with exposure gain the influence to make a change and it is up to them to do so.

Could you imagine the impact of an Anderson Silva, GSP or Jon Jones going to a Bellator or One FC would make on the MMA landscape?

However, the influence for change does not occur until they have built up this exposure from fighting (wherever that might be) and getting paid for it.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:14 pm
cboone wrote:
cboone wrote: Shouldn't the main focus be on having more organizations (alligned or not) so that fighters get more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure?  

It seems many people didn't make it past the first question to discuss the second question.  The focus of my discussion is that fighters need more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure.  Without those three items, and especially the last item, change cannot happen.  The fighters with exposure gain the influence to make a change and it is up to them to do so.

Could you imagine the impact of an Anderson Silva, GSP or Jon Jones going to a Bellator or One FC would make on the MMA landscape?

However, the influence for change does not occur until they have built up this exposure from fighting (wherever that might be) and getting paid for it.
There will always be many smaller promotions that gives fighters a payday and exposure. There´s no need to build a world of Zuffa feeder leagues for fighters to make a living.

It would be much better for the sport if these smaller promotions worked with Bellator, M-1, KSW, ONE FC etc.
adam
adam

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:15 pm
Golden Age wrote:
cboone wrote:

There will always be many smaller promotions that gives fighters a payday and exposure. There´s no need to build a world of Zuffa feeder leagues for fighters to make a living.

This exactly.

Plus people aligning only strengthens the ZUFFA brand giving them even more leverage over fighters and fighter pay.
fka
fka

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:19 pm
What your not getting is if zuffa runs the sport fighters rights are gone.

More orgs need to step up and be unique not so quick to jump on zuffa coattails.

More orgs COMPETING AGAINST ZUFFA is what will cause better fighter pay and ultimately more exposure.

Just look at how bellator treats rampage he's doing his own reality show along with being promoted and paid way better then the ufc ever did.

Competition between companies causes orgs to sweaten deals and treat fighters like people not commodities.

If there were 100 zuffa alligned companies fighters would be paid bottom dollar and the competitive bidding is gone.

If Gilbert didn't explore bellator options ufc would never paid what they are now for him.

Its not quantity of orgs its the quality.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
cboone
cboone

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:45 pm
cboone wrote:

Let me rephrase it this way to see if you understand my line of thinking:

The leagues competing with Zuffa will not gain the mainstream credibilty/exposure until the fighters gaining the credibilty/exposure within Zuffa are willing to leave to bring that credibility/exposure to the competing organizations. Zuffa built their credibility/exposure off the backs of the fighters to reach their current level of domination and that is what the other organizations will have to do as well. Dan Henderson going to Zuffa helped build their credibility/exposure, the same as when he went to Strikeforce or when Fedor Emelianenko went to Strikeforce.......his credibility/exposure from Pride helped improve Strikeforce's credibility/exposure.

So in a weird way, the competing orgs need Zuffa in order to gain the fighters who developed their credibility/exposure before and within Zuffa. However, the key in the process is that the fighters are willing to leave Zuffa for the other organizations and can get comparable compensation (whether aligned or not).
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:52 pm
Zuffa is so dominant they´re holding other promotions back. They´re only successful at the expense of other promotions. Don´t let them fool you into thinking they´re important/good for the mma scene.
Adax

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:05 pm
Bellator and Viacom are bringing real MMA with character and heart back to the fans. There's nothing else in North America worth watching right now.

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? 2640622375 
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:08 pm
I dont hate but when its obvious the WSOF is shit talking about Bellator because they are in collusion with the UFC then I have a problem.

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? 14733510_1840363246233024_4218577591788896256_n

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? Lol
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:20 pm
cboone wrote:Why does it matter if an organization is percieved to be alligned with Zuffa?  Shouldn't the main focus be on having more organizations (alligned or not) so that fighters get more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure?  

I would much rather see 100 organizations "alligned" with Zuffa where fighters can make all of these things happen, then only 5 organizations not "alligned" with Zuffa where only a handful of prospects and a couple of veterans are showcased.  It's better for the sport as a whole.

Please have a structured, intelligent response when replying....not just "Zuffa sucks".  I'm hoping this generates some sincere discussion....thanks.

Why does it matter if a country is perceived to be aligned with Hitler?  Shouldn't the main focus be on having more countries (aligned or not) so that his allies get more opportunities to fight, take more territory and gain more steam for the attempted world domination of Hitler's alliance?  

I would much rather see 100 countries "aligned" with Hitler... where they can make all of these things happen, then only 5 countries not "aligned" with Hitler where only a handful of up and coming independent & neutral countries and a couple of veteran neutral ones are fighting against UHC (Ultimate Hitler Control). It's better for the world as a whole.

Please have a structured, intelligent response when replying....not just "Hitler sucks".  I'm hoping this generates some sincere discussion....thanks.

http://www.global-mma.com/

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 pm
What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? 238422389

What's with the hate for organizations "alligned" with Zuffa? 6a00d83542d51e69e20120a7433648970b-pi

Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:25 pm
Feeder leagues are the #1 problem this year for worldwide MMA. People need to be aware of these things and see that not everyone is happy with the current landscape of MMA. The fighters will never get the rights and better pay they deserve with the way Zuffa treats it's contracts and business tactics. Organizations that have no intentions of growing beyond being a feeder league only propagate the illusion that the UFC has the best interest for the sport. They want to make it seem like it's cool that the fighters are competing for their robot level slave contract, it's fucked up smoke and mirrors. No one needs Zuffa's shitty credibility. I agree that any organization will need the credibility of the fighters but the fighters sincerely need more power as people and not products.
fka
fka

Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:50 pm
Bellator grew from scratch never using ufc fighters until last couple years.

They developed their own talent and have become the #2 company worldwide.

They consistently scout top talent and put on excellent product.

Mma needs quality over quantity when it comes to orgs.

If there are 100 ufc phantom operated company's fighter rights are gone so are the bidding wars.

Bellator doesn't need ufc guys to be legit they already are.

Ufc consistently snipe talent that has already made a name in other orgs its very rare a fighter is groomed in the ufc.

Ufc needs its phantom operated orgs to not only take talent from but also to send guys which aren't successful in ufc so that a orgs like bellator don't gain talent.

Called cornering the market.

Also most ufc fighters barely fight 3 tines a year imagine if we had all companies run this way guys wouldn't be able to support themselves.

BELLATOR #1
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 pm
cboone wrote:

Exposure on the Zuffa platform is exposure which is controlled by Zuffa. In other words, don't be fooled into thinking that a fighter's development in such conditions occurs under independent and free circumstances. Likewise, a name fighter is never allowed to jump ship when they still have something left. Zuffa will sue the breaks off of fighters if necessary (some of the absurd and unreasonable clauses appearing in Zuffa contracts are probably explicitly land mines placed for the purpose of facilitating potential suits). This is what they did in Couture's case. The most cynical thing about such suits is that Zuffa doesn't even have to win the suit; they merely need to tie a fighter up in litigation and effectively wait them out (since the clock is always ticking on a professional athlete's career and especially an athlete such as a professional fighter). I'm convinced that the main point in putting Chuck Liddell on their payroll was also to prevent the possibility of him fighting for another promoter.

Zuffa contracts and practices are also heavily exploitative. They systematically squeeze fighters dry. The result is that fighters receive relatively little in the way of financial gain for putting their lives on the line, subjecting themselves to long-term debilitation and risking shortening their own lives. By this technique, Zuffa attains considerable profit rates. Such exploitative business practice is, by definition, a direct result of the intense control over the direction of operations.

Advocating the subjugation of young ambitious fighters to such abysmal treatment at the hands of a criminal organization such as Zuffa is utterly immoral. It is also not productive to the development of anything but the strengthening of Zuffa's hand, and thus exacerbation of the sad state of affairs, whereby a once burgeoning sport has become a complete travesty; indeed something which social commentators can legitimately gawk at while alluding to notions of decaying society. MMA as dominated by Zuffa does not represent any of the positive aspects of combative sports, it merely represent a celebration of vulgarity; an exuding of anti-social values; the fetishism of violence.

Again, the major flaw in your argument is that facilitating the persistence of Zuffa is not conducive to supporting the fighters, it is conducive to supporting Zuffa, which is an oppressor and systematic exploiter of fighters. Strengthening Zuffa will not improve the lot of the fighters, it will enhance Zuffa's ability to continue to carry out abuse.

Last edited by nodogoshi on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:09 pm
fuck feeder leagues, Zuffa just want's to recycle talent while other independent orgs are bled dry and that way Zuffa can maintain the MMA monopoly
fka
fka

Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:45 pm
Absolute poetry ^^^^^^^

BELLATOR #1
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:51 pm
cboone wrote:Why does it matter if an organization is percieved to be alligned with Zuffa?  Shouldn't the main focus be on having more organizations (alligned or not) so that fighters get more opportunities to fight, get paid and gain exposure?  

mma and Zuffa mma are two different things

I watch and enjoy mma, I dislike Zuffa mma and choose to not watch it.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum