GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014 Empty Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 am
fbed2332 from Sherdog put up this thread. Your thoughts???...

Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014 Bellator-logo VS Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014 UFC_logo

(copy, paste, & fill in)

Heavyweight
- Vitaly Miankov Vs Cain Velasquez
1. Who would win?
2. How?

Light Heavyweight- Jon jones vs Attila Vegh
1. Who would win?
2. How?

Middleweight - Alexander Schemenko vs Chris Weidman
1. Who would win?
2. How?

Lightweight - Eddie Alverez vs Anthony Pettis
1. Who would win?
2. How?

Featherweight - Pat Curran vs Jose Aldo
1. Who would win?
2. How?

Bantamweight - Eduardo Dantas vs Renan Barao
1. Who would win?
2. How?

http://www.global-mma.com/

Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014 Empty Re: Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 am

G-MMA Rankings

Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014 Empty Re: Bellator vs UFC: Champion vs Champion 2014

Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 pm
i think bellator would do better than most would expect

Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, Acts 4:12
http://www.godandscience.org/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:34 pm
Dantas vs barao would be a fun high paced fight but like all baraos fights he's just on another level and dudu would succumb to his greatness.

Pat curran vs Jose Aldo

Great match fun fight but pat starts slow something not so beneficial against a Guy like Aldo.I see a ud for Aldo.

Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony pettis

Great fight really up in the air but I'd lean toward pettis.

Shlemenko vs weidman

Great action packed fight I honestly don't know what would happen.

Jon Jones vs Attila vegh

After last nights snore fest.....

Jones by absolute murder

Minakov vs Cain velasquez

As fun as this fight would be I just don't see vitaly being able to take Cain down.

Cain is fasster and striking is much.
better I just see Cain koing vitaly.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
Adax

Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:52 pm
Minakov > Cain

Jones > Newton

Shlemenko > Weidman

Alvarez > Pettis

Curran > Aldo

Dantas > Barao

Bellator washes UFC out easy 5-1
nathanli

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:06 pm
Cain, Jones, weidman, hendricks could beat douglas lima, alvarez could beat pettis, aldo, barao. I just dont think the bellator guys bring enough to the table to beat the ufc guys other than eddie.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:38 pm
We don't know who will win between Bellator and UFC champs.

1) Because zoofa doesn't work with anyone else.
2) Because the so-called "#1's in the world" are just 'anoint-jobs' by the zombie "media" who are just repeating zoofa pr.
loyalty13
loyalty13

Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:43 pm
Curran and dantas are the only ones i see with a chance to win, and i just don't think they would.

http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:53 pm
In ufc at hw there isn't anyone really close to Cain minakov is no different Cain would ko vitaly really no question.

Aside from that bellators top 5 and ufc top 5 would be a tossup.

At lhw Jon Jones is much closer gap guys like gustaffson,teixera,and cormier could beat him.bellators lhw division isn't great.Newton,vegh,rampage,beltran all are beaten by Jones and most likely ufc top 5.

Mw weidman vs shlemenko would be epic I'm not sure what would go down but weidman being bigger may play a role in the outcome.

Ufc mw division is pretty up in the air no real dominance their or talent gap title could change hands relatively easy.

Bellator mw division is all trying to catch shlemenko.a lot of great talent I honestly think top 5 from both would be close fights.

Ww Johnny Hendricks vs Douglas Lima would be epic a great war

Hendricks and Lima are both just a notch above other competitors but the top 5 from both ufc has more depth honestly but would be fun fights.

Lw Eddie Alvarez vs Anthony pettis
Great fight an absolute fight of the year I'd lean toward pettis but not by a lot.

IMO deepest divisions in both ufc and bellator.
Top 5 from both are the best in the world.

Pat curran vs Jose Aldo would be fun but I see curran getting outworked and kod.

But the gap between Aldo and any talent is pretty substantial curran could beat any ufc fighter other then Aldo.

Top 5 from both are close would be wars.

"Catch wrestling is the violent sport,don't get me wrong bjj guys are bad asses but its pro wrestling all the way."WARMASTER

BELLATOR #1
wekka
wekka

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:37 pm
Cain Velasquez vs Vitaly Minakov:

Very close fight, imo. Minakov didn't struggle, per se, with the takedowns of Martinez, but he did allow them to neutralize him throughout their fight. I couldn't imagine what that would entail with a much stronger wrestler in Cain.

Outside of Bigfoot and Lesnar, Minakov would be the largest opponent Cain has fought to date. He fared well against those two, but i'd have to say Minakov's strength is much more focused and refined, opposed to Lesnar's hasty grappling and Bigfoot's lack of a real takedown defense. I think the combination of size and technical ability would really test Velasquez.

If Minakov were to further refine his striking, I think Cain would be in a lot of trouble. As of now, I think Cain's overall ability slightly edges Minakov. We'll get a wonderful indicator of Minakov's true ability against Kongo. My opinion could change as soon as that.

Jon Jones vs Emanuel Newton:

Newton seems to struggle with range fighters and I think he'd fall right into the category of a perfect Jon Jones opponent. He's got a ton of heart, energy, and pop to scare Jones, though. I just don't see him effectively getting into Jones' range and has been fairly inaccurate with his inside exchanges ever since the first King Mo fight. Jones by either late TKO or decision.

Alexander Shlemenko vs Chris Weidman:

Again, tough to say. Weidman clearly has shown tremendous ability and in that same time frame, Shlemenko has clearly improved as a fighter. I'm still kind of unsure of Weidman as an elite middleweight, though. I feel as if he hasn't established an idenity for himself, whether he's some high level wrestler, another prodigy, a wrecking machine, etc. He gives of a very B.J. Penn circa 2000 vibe.

Shlemenko has transformed himself into a truly elite fighter. He's more relentless than ever with his striking, his takedown defense has improved tenfold, and he just knows how to win. And fight. AND BE TOUGH. Shlemenko is everything you've been accustomed to with a great Russian fighter. He is the New Breed equivalent of Igor Vovchanchyn. The only nitpick I have with him is his propensity to get into sloppy, dangerous exchanges, but honestly that's what makes him such a favorite.

I'm going to puss out and call a draw.

The rest:

Hendricks > Lima
Alvarez > Pettis
Aldo > Curran
Barao > Dantas
Johnson > Miki
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum