GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MR.WILLIE

Guillard happy with UFC cut, anticipates pay raise Empty Guillard happy with UFC cut, anticipates pay raise

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:25 pm
UFC Lightweight Melvin Guillard was released by the UFC recently, after going 2-5, with one NC in his last eight fights. Guillard appeared recently on The MMA Hour, voiced surprise at the cut, but said it was for the best.

As was rumored, he said he went into his last fight, a decision loss to Michael Johnson, with some injuries, but added that that is not an excuse.

"My ribs are still messed up," said Guillard, as transcribed by MMAMania. "I got a busted hand, but my injuries are my problem. This is my first interview since the fight, you're the first person I'm talking to."

"For me, honestly, I thought it was the best thing that could happen to me at this point in my career. They gave me a platform for a lot of organizations, and a lot of people want me right now."

"I was supposed to fight Ross Pearson. I asked to fight Michael, but it was still a fight that wasn't supposed to happen. I had a bad performance, my fault, my bad. I'm the one out there doing do my job, I'm the one ending up fighting injured, but I'll take that. Michael put on a great fight, he beat me that night. I had a horrible performance. But, did I think I was going to get released? No, I had no idea. I thought I was going to be put on the shelf."

"I was actually happy because I felt like, I could sign with another company, and that company is gonna pay me way more than I make with UFC."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum